Verizon Wireless

3.3 2,678 reviews

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead

Daniel Mead

(1,291 ratings)

Pros
  • Pay and benefits were good although commissions began shrinking which is why I eventually left(in 178 reviews)

• They offer great benefits - full health insurance from day 1 - no probation period(in 528 reviews)

Cons
  • Let see: almost NO work-life balance (asking for vacation gets you the evil-eye(in 254 reviews)

• They work you so many hours with no work/life balance at all(in 72 reviews)

2,678 Employee Reviews

What a rewarding experience....

Technical Support Coordinator (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsEasy money for a simple job, the tuition assistance program paid for 2 Master's degrees for me and there is no tenure requirement. I just left that job after completing my 2nd degree 2 months ago. The experience and skills I earned while working there are helping pursue my new career.

ConsCustomers call in stressed out because there bill is so high or their service was turned off for non-payment and now you are getting the brunt of it. Call centers are challenging all on their own, but being able to help diffuse other's stress is a huge life saver.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more immediate financial incentives for agents who are working with customers, maybe offer a debit-card award system. Deposit money in the accounts for agents who hit all their marks and offer higher incentives for those who exceed the monthly goals.

Great company for those who want to work..

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGreat pay, great benefits, high ethic attitude towards customers and employees. Can't ask for more then the opportunity to work hard and get paid for it.

ConsLike any retail, hours suck, but you know what the store hours before you apply for job. No time for personal life with erratic schedule, always having to handle upset customers who can be rude and flat out cruel.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork a day in the store facing customers and see what we see facing customers first hand. Focus more on customer experience not quota, saying we're focusing on customer experience while raising quota is counter productive.

Don't start in customer service, if you don't want to be there long term

ProsGreat Benefits, Discounts, incentives, and working enviroment is good.

ConsOnce in Customer Service Department, it's hard to move out.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Verizon is a very good company to work for, great benefits and competitive pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, Progressive, leadership, employee development, new technology

Consneed to move to advance
    becoming too large, lots of red tape
    focus is getting away from customers and too much on the bottom line

Coordinator

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay and beneits, 50% off Verizon bill

ConsLong hours/stressful job, micro managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

BSC Account Co-ordinator

BSC Coordinator (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsAwesome company to work for. They really care about their employees. Great pay increases every year and bonuses.

ConsThere are none. They are a great company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo complaints from me. They care about their employees.

solution specialist-

Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Prosgood pay structure and over all work environment

Conslack of proper tools to complete jobs as selling culture changed

Advice to Senior Managementprovide realistic goals and tasks to sales reps that will produce revenue and results for the company

So far, so good.

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) Manalapan, NJ

ProsCompetitive base pay, plus liveable commission potential. You won't get rich, but you will get more than most in the industry.

They are all about your individual growth, educationally (they pay for a good portion of your undergraduate/graduate degree), as well as professionally (multiple leadership programs).

Benefits start on date of hire, even for part-timers! Medical, dental, 401k and stock options!

ConsOffice politics can be brutal. Like any commossion-heavy job, you have few friends at work, and fewer want to see you succeed. Managers develop resentment towards newcomers who show promise. If you're hungry, you will make it, but don't step on any toes while on the grind. You will be removed from play.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management knows how to run a company, it's lower management that seems to be having issues. Customer-facing employees and their immediate managers are not working well together, and that aspect needs improvement.

Long term veteran

Major Account Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsVery focused on providing the best product, which is our network. Strong focus on customer service. Great benefits, including tuition reimbursement. Plenty of training available. Ability to move within the company

ConsContinual "tweaking" of comp plan. Limited ability to overachieve financially. If you don't fit the "mold" can be hard to move up. Management could do more to work with employees on their career development.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's possible to be a results oriented company but also reward employees better. Focus more on improving comp plan. Realize that employees suffer while comp plans are changed around. Stronger focus on employee development & advancement, not just for the select few.

Great company, but not as fast paced as other tech companies

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsThe benefits are great, because they provide options like 401K matching, donation matching, and tuition assistance. The company is very secure and treats employees well. Typically there is room for growth, but it might require switching groups or changing your job function.

ConsIt's a big company and in many ways very traditional. Sometimes it seems hard to get anything accomplished, because so many approvals or process checkpoints are required. Overall it is more formal than a typical tech company, which could be good or bad depending on what you are looking for.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!