Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead

Daniel Mead

(1,086 ratings)

2,276 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Pay and benefits were good although commissions began shrinking which is why I eventually left"
    in 149 reviews
  • "They offer great benefits - full health insurance from day 1 - no probation period"
    in 454 reviews
Cons:
  • "Results driven organization that can have an impact your work life balance"
    in 210 reviews
  • "They work you so many hours with no work/life balance at all"
    in 62 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Verizon is Awesome

Technical Support Coordinator (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe benefits are great, opportunity to transfer to multiple cities and the bonuses are awesome

ConsThe customers are always right, some work place politics in order to advance to another position

Advice to Senior ManagementEmploy some of Apples approach of how you don't spoil your customers and have them walk all over your employees

Sales rep

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits and easy money. A lot of it depends on your management and how aggressive you are. The most stress I've had so far is getting that next sale in order to increase my comissions by $300-$400 at the end of the month. Co workers are great and my personal managers are great. I've worked a lot of labor jobs and this is so much easier and pays more. Pay scale keeps you motivated. I love this job. Also verizon sales rep are expected to sale with entrigity which is awesome.

ConsRetail hours. Working weekends and getting off at 8:00PM sometime later. Wish they hired more from in store because I want to move up without moving out.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing.

good experience

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Prospay/benefits flexible scheduling, plenty of time off opportunities

Conscenter closed, no room for growth , high call volume was rather stressful at times

Great Working at VZW

Technology (Current Employee)
Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 8 years

ProsLots of opportunity, great benefits and pay and people. Great company to work for.

ConsThink the company is growing a little too fast - some chaos at times

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Great Career opportunity.

Technical Support Coordinator (Former Employee)
Cranberry Twp, PA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI worked in Technical Support. We had excellent training, benefits and opportunities, bonuses. I was there 9 years in different capacities, was involved in numerous projects.

ConsThe technology is always changing, both outside and inside. You need to be eager to learn new things, up to working in a fast paced work environment, and able and willing to learn how to enhance the customer experience. Your success is mainly governed by the surveys that customers give rather than meeting performance goals. You have thin skin and are easily frustrated, this will be a difficult place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementI recommend tempering the policy of having the customer survey be a pass / fail for a call. While the current policy does force reps to build better relationships with customers, it also incentives giving away too much in order to avoid a bad survey.

Be ready for change if not you will be stressed out

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat company but if you work at call centers you will be stressed to keep up with Quotas.. 95% in all areas Benefits are great. However if you get a great supervisor you can advance and learn at lot.. Not so great supervisor and you will be twisting in the Wind.

ConsTakes some time for management to address problems when you are on the phones,

Advice to Senior ManagementGo down on pricing, also Supervisors should be made to take call at lease 2 hours per week to get a reality check.

Great Pay with a Strong company but say bye bye to your personal life!!!!

Apple Valley, CA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBenefits package (health, vision, dental, tuition asst., and employee discounts), Compensation seems to be best in the industry,

ConsWork/Life Balance in Retail (no life at all), Leadership is never satisfied. You do great, they ask you to do greater!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake recommendations from employees, especially those that are customer facing because we drive the business at the end of the day!

Excellent

Business to Business (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time

ProsGreat advancement and benefits

ConsSupervisors can be tuff and not really care what you do.

Worked here for 3 years, great benefits your experience at the company depends on what District/Region you work in.

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat pay and great benefits.

ConsConstantly changing schedule, high pressure from upper management.

can be great depending on the management team

Prince Frederick, MD

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat benefits, and very competitive pay when compared to other electronics retailers. Educational benefits that can really help you further your career.

ConsHighly competitive commission sales environment. Management team and corporate leadership are not always on the same page. Company gives conflicting info on how they want you to sell. They will tell you to focus on selling a personal solution to each customer but then they get after after you if you did not offer everything to every customer

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Verizon Wireless CEO Daniel Mead. All 2,276 reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees.