Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead

Daniel Mead

(1,098 ratings)

2,301 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Pay and benefits were good although commissions began shrinking which is why I eventually left"
    in 149 reviews
  • "They offer great benefits - full health insurance from day 1 - no probation period"
    in 454 reviews
Cons:
  • "Results driven organization that can have an impact your work life balance"
    in 210 reviews
  • "They work you so many hours with no work/life balance at all"
    in 62 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good company, poor work/life balance

Senior Systems Engineer IV (Current Employee)
Warren, NJ

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

ProsI've been working at VZW for over a year as IT staff member. Technology I work with is great, I love being able to telecommute, pay is great and so are benefits (medical, dental vision, 401K), if you do good they give you great bonus incentive also.
Also there's a lot of room for advancing, and if you excel you advance quiet fast.

ConsNo work/life balance!!! I have to give up weekend after weekend with no end in site. My work days are minimum 12 hours, sometimes as much as 16 hours. On slow days it's usually. Management does not seem interesting in solving work/life balance problem anytime soon. Also things are disorganized, and never assumed others will do their job. You have to be careful to always watch your behind in such chaotic environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo something about work/life balance now. We do great, and next time you want us to do greater. You're never happy.

fantastic place to work

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

Prosbenefits day 1 great starting pay. 401k, medical, dental, life, tuition, great cafeteria, gym, basket ball goals, ice cream floats, sandals and shorts day,

Conslong training 19 weeks.... overtime expected every week. Schedule rotates and you have no idea what you will get. Management team and corporate leadership are not always on the same page.

Advice to Senior Managementcustomer is not always right.

10 Great Years

BAE (Current Employee)
Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 8 years

ProsVZW had one of the best training programs I have ever been through. They helped develop and mentor myself and others to become the best at whatever position they were in. The benefits we had were the best our insurance and 401k shares, and other benefits I had were some of the best. When I was first hired we had Vars and that was just amazing to get those when they vested it was sad when they went away. Most of the leadership we had an open door policy and it was great to be able to know that you could always go anywhere and be heard. I had some wonderful years there before I got an offer to move on to another position.

ConsWhen I started with this company I was so proud to say I worked for VZW. When I took another position it was because of the loss of work and family life balance. The inability to advance without moving or being in a click so, to speak even being a top performer yoy. Commission is always in the place of change however we could always find the sweet spot to make money but, the last couple of years being windfall and capped there was not way to make the money that we were promised when hired. So, with the increased raising of unattainable goals with M2M and systems not yet ready to make them work smooth for customers so, they failed and we would have charge backs on a kpi's leaving me not meeting our targets. Leadership only looking at the numbers and not at the actual time it would take the company to make the systems catch up to their lofty goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow but never forget to listen to the people who are doing some of the jobs where you came from. We always are changing and will continue to do that however, they always need to be remembered you know they have a voice you will hear. Not only hear but, stand by them and change things when they need it changed. Or go to the field and work side by side with them to see it and not brush them off.

Call Center Life Style

Technical Support Coordinator (Current Employee)
Wallingford, CT

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey have Great Benefits and Great pay

ConsSchedule rotates and you have no idea what you will get...

Great Company

Retail Sales Development Program (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

ProsPlenty of opportunity for advancement, great benefits, great pay

ConsMicromanaged, constantly changing expectations, long hours, must be willing to relocate if not in a major city for opportunities to advance

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to work more independently and develop their own selling style instead of turning your sales team into "personable" robots

Great benefits, tough hours and expectations

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

ProsI love the Verizon mindset and don't have a problem with most policies. Benefits are immediate and robust.

ConsVery numbers-driven, overtime expected every week, retail includes working weekends, sometimes not getting home until after 9 p.m.

I love working at verizon wireless endless possibilities at this company

Assistant Retail Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe pay is great a lot more than what is posted add about 20,000 more to that number at least per year. Benefits are amazing and you have so many opportunities to advance your career. I have never been happier

ConsThe hours are long but what job do you expect to work with great pay that doesn't require some overtime?

Verizon is Awesome

Technical Support Coordinator (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe benefits are great, opportunity to transfer to multiple cities and the bonuses are awesome

ConsThe customers are always right, some work place politics in order to advance to another position

Advice to Senior ManagementEmploy some of Apples approach of how you don't spoil your customers and have them walk all over your employees

Sales rep

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits and easy money. A lot of it depends on your management and how aggressive you are. The most stress I've had so far is getting that next sale in order to increase my comissions by $300-$400 at the end of the month. Co workers are great and my personal managers are great. I've worked a lot of labor jobs and this is so much easier and pays more. Pay scale keeps you motivated. I love this job. Also verizon sales rep are expected to sale with entrigity which is awesome.

ConsRetail hours. Working weekends and getting off at 8:00PM sometime later. Wish they hired more from in store because I want to move up without moving out.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing.

good experience

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Prospay/benefits flexible scheduling, plenty of time off opportunities

Conscenter closed, no room for growth , high call volume was rather stressful at times

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Verizon Wireless CEO Daniel Mead. All 2,301 reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees.