Verizon Wireless

3.3 2,714 reviews

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead

Daniel Mead

(1,309 ratings)

Pros
  • Pay and benefits were good although commissions began shrinking which is why I eventually left (in 180 reviews)

• They offer great benefits - full health insurance from day 1 - no probation period (in 536 reviews)

Cons
  • Let see: almost NO work-life balance (asking for vacation gets you the evil-eye (in 261 reviews)

• They work you so many hours with no work/life balance at all (in 72 reviews)

More Highlights
2,714 Employee Reviews

What a rewarding experience....

Technical Support Coordinator (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsEasy money for a simple job, the tuition assistance program paid for 2 Master's degrees for me and there is no tenure requirement. I just left that job after completing my 2nd degree 2 months ago. The experience and skills I earned while working there are helping pursue my new career.

ConsCustomers call in stressed out because there bill is so high or their service was turned off for non-payment and now you are getting the brunt of it. Call centers are challenging all on their own, but being able to help diffuse other's stress is a huge life saver.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more immediate financial incentives for agents who are working with customers, maybe offer a debit-card award system. Deposit money in the accounts for agents who hit all their marks and offer higher incentives for those who exceed the monthly goals.

Great company for those who want to work..

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGreat pay, great benefits, high ethic attitude towards customers and employees. Can't ask for more then the opportunity to work hard and get paid for it.

ConsLike any retail, hours suck, but you know what the store hours before you apply for job. No time for personal life with erratic schedule, always having to handle upset customers who can be rude and flat out cruel.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork a day in the store facing customers and see what we see facing customers first hand. Focus more on customer experience not quota, saying we're focusing on customer experience while raising quota is counter productive.

SELL,SELL,SELL

ProsGreat pay, Long Hrs, lots of Change

ConsChange of focus constantly , no work life balance

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

cool place

Prosgreat discount great ppl great job new technology all the time keeps u up todate

Conswork life sucks u cant get a set schedule must work weekends depend on ya location and store

Sales Consulting

Consultant (Former Employee) Doral, FL

ProsChallenge the day over day

ConsPolitic of Micro-Manager is not good for this environment

Company driven to succeed.

Retail (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Benefits, training on products and services, always at the cutting edge of technology.

ConsRetail hours can be tough and company will make tough decisions to ensure profitability.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue thinking about the customers first

Wonderful company to work for

Technical Support Supervisor (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

Proson going learning, promoting from within, getting to work with current and new technology
    great benefits including medical, dental, vision, PTO, flex scheduling, back up care, tuition reimbursement

Conscall center scheduling not always easy if a single parent

Good experience

Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsLearn how to sale in fast pace environment, learn from those around you. Establish great relationships with customers that walk into the door

ConsJust had to manage a retail schedule with your personal life. Multitasking is a great challenge in this field.

Advice to Senior Managementgood

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery friendly environment, fast paced and you're given an opportunity to add to your communication skills given the diverse people you interact with on a daily basis.

ConsRetail hours, very busy during the holiday seasons but I guess that's the nature of the beast when working in retail/sales.

My experience with Verizon was great.

Business Sales (Former Employee)

Pros- Flexible schedules
    - Great travel perks
    - Great training available

Cons- Work can be a bit dull at times

Advice to Senior ManagementStop some of the redundant practices

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!