Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead

Daniel Mead

(1,086 ratings)

2,276 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Pay and benefits were good although commissions began shrinking which is why I eventually left"
    in 149 reviews
  • "They offer great benefits - full health insurance from day 1 - no probation period"
    in 454 reviews
Cons:
  • "Results driven organization that can have an impact your work life balance"
    in 210 reviews
  • "They work you so many hours with no work/life balance at all"
    in 62 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

If you work hard you can make good money, not enough care for employees or customers

Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIf you hit multipliers you make money. Half off Verizon bill as well as 35% off accessories. Had awesome co-workers

ConsCommission structured changed. Upper management asks for more but compensation stays the same. Company does not care about employees or customers. All that matters is that you sell accessories.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your store reps they actually know what's going on with customers

Was a great company when i started but employee treatment not the same.

Technical Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood Pay and 401K match. Nice People. Great Job for Students or people looking for a Sales or management Career.

ConsMicro Management. Does not appreciate long term employees. Due to size of the company most growth requires your to be willing to move. Lack of training for technical positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the employees you have. Pay more attention to what they have to say.

Verizon is Awesome

Houston, TX

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe benefits are great, opportunity to transfer to multiple cities and the bonuses are awesome

ConsThe customers are always right, some work place politics in order to advance to another position

Advice to Senior ManagementEmploy some of Apples approach of how you don't spoil your customers and have them walk all over your employees

Great benefits and good pay!

Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee)
Elgin, IL

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFun people to work with. Good learning experience.

ConsUpper level management is a joke. They are inconsistent and treat their supervisors like crap.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe human and consistent.

Could be better

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits, fun work environment, a lot of chances to get free stuff/promotional days pretty good incentive program for bonuses.

ConsManagement sucks mostly, once in a while will find a good manager who can actually help but if you work in the call venter, having a manger who will take escalated calls can be difficult. Can be stressful dealing with angry customers with calls in queue. Customer service is very sales oriented which was a con for me because I didn't apply to be in sales. Don't get sick or a chronic illness because they will do there best to get rid of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your job and support the staff working beneath you.

Great pay....But at a cost

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany provides great pay, and benefits. Good people to work with, made some great friends there.

ConsTry and squeeze every last dollar out of the customer $$$$ (like every company does) Sales goals keep getting higher and higher, while the cell phone market keeps getting staler. They give you certain metrics to hit, you hit them but then they raise those metrics and tack on 3 different ones they want now, When you sell certain things management is breathing over you asking why you didn't get this or that on top of what you got.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to customers and employees on what people want.

The good, the bad, the ugly

Rochester, NY

ProsGreat pay
Great benefits (tuition assistance, profit sharing, 401k match, excellent health insurance)
Lots of engagement (depending on who's in leadership positions)
Opportunities for advancement

ConsBureaucratic
Disloyal
Hypocritical (part of their credo states that they fight bureaucracy...couldn't be further from the truth)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the profit sharing going. Focus on keeping your employees happy (because they're in the process if unionizing just to stick it to you). Get rid of your Acting Supervisor program (seriously, what's your success ratio in that anyway).

All in all, my experience there was a pretty good one. I made it through school and took care of my family while working for them. They definitely have some kinks to work out, but it's a solid place to work until you move on to greener pastures.

You are considered a terrorist if you don't meet unrealistic expectations

Elgin, IL

Prosbenefits
pay
flexibility
opportunities to make additional income
positive co-workers

Consconstant supervisor changes, unrealistic quality assessment expectations, managers only out for themselves

Advice to Senior ManagementTry caring you about your employees. It used to be that way but something changed I believe when mead took over. bonuses left and performance agreements became all about sales even for tech sppt!!! if you failed a call, you no longer talked to your direct supervisor about it, you went straight to the associate director.

Solid

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Verizon Wireless

ProsBenefits, cultur, bean, franks, mesre

ConsHours, vacation, travel, time, box

Good company to get your feet wet in Tech Sales

Business Account Executive (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood compensation for a mid-level sales position, and great benefits and work - life balance in the Business Channel.

ConsCommission structure was ever changing in the companies favor and not the employees. Promotions came to those who know some one else rather than base on performance as they indicated it would. No much diversity in Senior management positions

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen promoting someone should consider their performance and accomplishments more than just who they worked for and who they know. Training should be more position driven rather than universal for all positions.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Verizon Wireless CEO Daniel Mead. All 2,276 reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees.