Verizon Wireless

3.3 2,714 reviews

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead

Daniel Mead

(1,309 ratings)

Pros
  • Pay and benefits were good although commissions began shrinking which is why I eventually left (in 180 reviews)

• They offer great benefits - full health insurance from day 1 - no probation period (in 536 reviews)

Cons
  • Let see: almost NO work-life balance (asking for vacation gets you the evil-eye (in 261 reviews)

• They work you so many hours with no work/life balance at all (in 72 reviews)

More Highlights
2,714 Employee Reviews

BSC Account Co-ordinator

BSC Coordinator (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsAwesome company to work for. They really care about their employees. Great pay increases every year and bonuses.

ConsThere are none. They are a great company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo complaints from me. They care about their employees.

Overall a good company and good workplace with growth opportunities.

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) North Miami, FL

Pros-Great benefits
    -Good quality of service and great portfolio of devices
    -Training
    -Incentives

ConsSome of the challenges of working here is the schedule, since is always different and is a little bit hard to plan in advance.

So far, so good.

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) Manalapan, NJ

ProsCompetitive base pay, plus liveable commission potential. You won't get rich, but you will get more than most in the industry.

They are all about your individual growth, educationally (they pay for a good portion of your undergraduate/graduate degree), as well as professionally (multiple leadership programs).

Benefits start on date of hire, even for part-timers! Medical, dental, 401k and stock options!

ConsOffice politics can be brutal. Like any commossion-heavy job, you have few friends at work, and fewer want to see you succeed. Managers develop resentment towards newcomers who show promise. If you're hungry, you will make it, but don't step on any toes while on the grind. You will be removed from play.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management knows how to run a company, it's lower management that seems to be having issues. Customer-facing employees and their immediate managers are not working well together, and that aspect needs improvement.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, but not as fast paced as other tech companies

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsThe benefits are great, because they provide options like 401K matching, donation matching, and tuition assistance. The company is very secure and treats employees well. Typically there is room for growth, but it might require switching groups or changing your job function.

ConsIt's a big company and in many ways very traditional. Sometimes it seems hard to get anything accomplished, because so many approvals or process checkpoints are required. Overall it is more formal than a typical tech company, which could be good or bad depending on what you are looking for.

rep

Rep (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

Prosgreat benefits and salary, leadership, opportunity and growth

ConsThere are no cons at this time.

Great Company but employees may not want to seek career advancement because pay often decreases

Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) Bronx, NY

Prosflexibility, great money potential as a sales rep

Consas you advance may deminishes as your realistic earning potential demishes while your base increases

Advice to Senior Managementtop reps foster company profit increases. If you payed middle management, ie. store and assitant store managers better you would recruit fresh new leaders to impact the businees on a much bigger scale

Excellent

Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

Prosthe pay, the structure, the culture, and the benefits

ConsDon't go into the call center, very hard to move on from it

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more

Above average pay, benefits and incentives.

Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) Lebanon, TN

ProsVerizon starts you out with above average pay, benefits and incentives. Verizon's Core Values and integrity are very high and they are a leader in communications.

ConsThe management staff of each district and individual stores. Verizon integrity is high but each district and store say the right words but the actions may reflect something different.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just say the expected words actually do your job.

Is a great company to work for to gain experience in customer service.

Customer Advocate (Former Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsGreat benefits with above average health benefits. Decent salary. Opportunities to advance if you are connected with the right people.

ConsVery stressful. Management use to be all about servicing customers and their satisfaction but now all about share holders and profits.

Advice to Senior ManagementVerizon Wireless was a better company before the culture changed to where representatives are no longer empowered to do what is right for the customer, but must focus on increasing value for share holders first.

Salary was average

Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Murfreesboro, TN

ProsBenefits were very good, salary was average for the industry.

ConsIf you are not a person that embraces fast-paced work environment, this is not the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to ask employees what past work experience to get the best talent in the best departments in the company. Ask employees to take ongoing training in different departments to move up in the company

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!