Verizon Wireless Reviews

3,995 Employee Reviews

1. B2B Account Executive

Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Louisville, KY

I worked at Verizon Wireless (More than a year)

Pros

Large company that is nimble! Has alot of great offerings in terms of mobility. Good benefits too.

Cons

Management can definitely micro-manage the heck out of you with spreadsheets etc. The reason I left was because my quota had literally almost doubled in 12 months, yet we were getting paid the same on the commission plan... it was asinine

2. Great company but Call Center position is rough

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

great benefits, gym cafeteria, and evening college classes in call center, promote from within

Cons

sitting at a cubicle tied to a headset was not good for me, people take FMLA yearly just to cope with the stress of being cursed out on a daily basis by customers

Solutions specialist, great entry level

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, upward mobility, team environment, paid education

Cons

If you're not competitive it's not for you, customers will disrespect you, other than that it's an amazing career

Advice to Management

Continue developing and training individuals, get more involved on the floor

5. Solutions specialist

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, decent pay, fun job in

Cons

No work home life balance, management can be bad at times

Advice to Management

Pick the employees who work the hardest even if they aren't always top in sales.

Great Training Program!

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Great Training Program for new hires!

Cons

work hours are long and work on the weekend, and competitive

7. General Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits and advancement opportunities. They work hard to do the right thing for their customers and back up their front line when we make decisions.

Cons

Sometimes bureaucracy gets in the way of doing the right thing. Managers don't have the ability to make the right call when we need to. The systems that we use are horrible. Things take way too long.

Advice to Management

Fix the systems that keep people from doing their jobs. Systems take too long and the problems aren't fixed as fast as they should be.

Retail Solutions Specialist

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for Verizon Wireless and Alltel since 2006. I have worked both in retail sales and in retail management. I am currently in retail sales. You can make a very good living working at Verizon, both in salary and in benefits. They match your 401k up to 6% currently and have done so as long as I have worked for them. The health and dental insurance are FANTASTIC, covering me and my family well beyond what was covered by other companies I have worked for. I do not have to pay extra premiums to have my spouse covered under my health plan. As far as working conditions, if you are trainable and willing to take instruction, you will do well with Verizon. You need to have a thick skin, as you are working face to face, toe to toe, eyeball to eyeball with the general public. You need to be good with people to do well in this job. Meet the needs of your customers and you will do well.

Cons

There are times where we are taught questionable sales tactics by store management that can mislead customers. The sales goals that we are given can be quite aggressive. These aggressive sales goals can, with a management team that tries to get ahead using shortcuts, lead managers to try and take the easy road to reaching those goals. I have been told by managers that I am being up front with customers when I explain that they "can get their phone for $200 plus a $40 upgrade fee (hence spending $240 for their phone alone), or they can get their phone, a case, screen protectors, a car charger, and a Bose speaker for only $250". In reality, the customer is being put on the Verizon Edge program instead of a 2 year contract, and they don't need to purchase any accessories in order to get their phone via the Edge program. This is very misleading, as the customer is led to believe that they are getting these accessories included with the price of the phone. This is just one example of many instances I have witnessed at my store where customers are misled or facts were withheld in an effort to put a positive spin on a sales pitch.

Not all management is this way, but I have witnessed this type of training in my store.

Advice to Management

Withholding information from customers in order to close sales is still dishonest and goes against the Verizon Code of Ethics and the Credo.

Great people and great workplace

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is competitive, work is rewarding, benefits are good, life is fun, bosses are flexible, 401k match, time off actually can be taken

Cons

Lots of work to do. Staff is not short, but it is lean, so everyone has to work hard and sometimes on nights or weekends

10. Good Company, But Not For Everyone

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time

Pros

Decent starting pay.
    Annual cost of living pay increase.
    Annual bonus opportunities.
    Performance based culture where the highly competitive can thrive.
    Good health and dental package.
    6% match on 401K for retirement.

Cons

Every number that can be tracked or measured, will be tracked or measured.
    Production numbers count more than anything, and are focused on to the point of serious micromanaging.
    Your best is only (barely) good enough for today - creating an atmosphere where nothing you do is ever enough.
    Few opportunities to move up unless all of your metrics are spot on, and the rare opportunity presents itself - or you're willing to relocate in the country.

Advice to Management

Understand that your focus on driving ever increasing production targets means that people can and will find ways to cut corners. When that happens you lose out on business integrity and personal responsibility as a business, and your customers will suffer as a result.

11. excelent company

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Great benefits and comp for all levels at Verizon

Cons

retail hours some pressure from management. horrible breaks

Showing 3,995 of 4,091 reviews