Verizon Wireless

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead

Daniel Mead

(1,309 ratings)

Pros
  • Pay and benefits were good although commissions began shrinking which is why I eventually left (in 180 reviews)

• They offer great benefits - full health insurance from day 1 - no probation period (in 536 reviews)

Cons
  • Let see: almost NO work-life balance (asking for vacation gets you the evil-eye (in 261 reviews)

• They work you so many hours with no work/life balance at all (in 72 reviews)

More Highlights
2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Tough new line quota and accessory quota

Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) Rochester, MN

ProsBenefits and pay. Fun people to work with.

ConsHours and poor management. Short lunch. Pushy managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont try and sell accessories to people who don't want or need them. Treat employees like people not children.

Just my opinion

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) Rochester, MN

ProsVerizon Wireless has a very good benefits package and overall is competitive for compensation. I was a former Alltel Employee converted to a VZW employee during the buy out and I personally think that Alltels compensation was better.

ConsAlot of micro management and too many employees working at one time in my store. When working sales Id rather have less employees so the sales opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to be better at giving positive feedback to employees. We all know when we do something thats not good because we hear about it from two assistant managers and the store manager but how about letting us know when we do something good.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!