Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless Reviews in Salt Lake City, UT

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead

Daniel Mead

Pros
  • Pay and benefits were good although commissions began shrinking which is why I eventually left(in 178 reviews)

• They offer great benefits - full health insurance from day 1 - no probation period(in 528 reviews)

Cons
  • Let see: almost NO work-life balance (asking for vacation gets you the evil-eye(in 254 reviews)

• They work you so many hours with no work/life balance at all(in 72 reviews)

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very rewarding and engaging career focused company

Recruiter (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsBenifits are great and there is plent of oportunity for growth if you have the desire and will to do so. I have held 4 different positions in just 3 years.

ConsEntry level jobs have rough schedules with poor work life balance. i.e Nights, weekends, holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your emplyees needs and make sure that they are happy and they will reward you with good results.

Standard Corporate

Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood training, good benefits, fosters teamwork. Overall a positive environment.

ConsCompany is fairly large and the Human Resources practices are not tailored to the individual

Advice to Senior ManagementGood opportunity for middle management. Growth beyond that is limited.

A good company to work for. They take good care of their employees with training, resources and leadership.

Account Advisor (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsCulture is great. Leadership is solid, visionary and on top of things.

ConsSalaries tend to be on the low side.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to drive excellence.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company. Absolutely amazing benefits

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsVerizon offers day one healthcare and paid time off benefits. The are very organized and committed to the success of the people they hire.

ConsCustomer service is kind of a grueling job. They expect you to be able to handle pretty much anything the customer needs, such as billing, device problems etc.

The company treats you right, is family oriented, and is serious about educating its employees.

Associate Systems Performance Engineer (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI work 40 hours/week + overtime pay, but usually don't have to work overtime. Education, Verizon benefits and tuition help. Training courses and classes paid for (as well as travel expenses).

ConsCan require a lot of time depending on the project and expectations, but this is not very often.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up, your employees are happy, I am anyways.

It has been good, but there's a lot of corporate drama.

Assistant Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsPrepaid tuition, or Tuition Reimbursement, up to 6% matching on 401k, 50% monthly discount on service plans, great benefits, most are 90% covered or more. Very focused on growing diversity in product offerings, which helps with Job security.

ConsRetail Hours are difficult and can burn you out quickly. There seems to be a lot of politics in moving up rather than what actual experience a person has. This seems to be getting worse over the years.

Advice to Senior ManagementLarge disconnect between company initiatives and training and what is actual reality. many times initiatives and targets seem to be unrealistic and when the front line talks about opportunity for change, it is usually shot down before it gets a chance to be proven. More concerned with producing numbers than the development of a team environment.

A company that promotes and practices integrity in everything they do.

Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsCompetitive salaries, open door policy between employees and any level of management, promotion opportunities, excellent tuition assistance program, generous vacation time allotment, 401k match, great medical benefits, comfortable and safe working environment, on-site health center, great work/life balance options.

ConsYou may sometimes get an undesirable shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease revisit the option of offering more than just one insurance company for medical benefits.

Don't question our inability to create a computer system that doesn't have problems

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsBonus amounts
    You don't have to get HSA insurance

ConsBe a sales person when you are not in sales
    Have to ignore leaders inability to lead

Wonderful company that is innovative and ever expanding

Tech Support for Business (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThe company is always changing in positive ways to adapt to changes in the wireless marketplace as well as the world. There are vast opportunities for growth within the company and they have some of the best benefits available, such as prepaid college tuition for qualifying degrees.

ConsIf you are in retail the hours are inconsistent and the quotas sometimes are overwhelming, but when compared to other companies in the same industry, Verizon pays the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management does a pretty decent job at listening to their employee needs and concerns. Where they could do a better job is actually implementing employee ideas (but they are getting better at that too).

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good benefits, ridiculous quotas and business policies for lower than average pay.

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThey prepay for applicable education up to $8,000 per year for full time employees and $4,000 per year for part time employees.

ConsRetail hours! Unqualified management! Sad pay for what you bring the company!

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a better understanding what is actually happening in the retail stores and set quotas accordingly. The tablet sales initiative is a joke.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!