Verizon Wireless Reviews

Reset

1. Customer service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Thus job was through temp agency. Pay at the time was $12 per hour. Had a chance exercise customer service skills.

Cons

I don't like to be negative but my experience from trading to the floor was awful. My sister worked there prior to me and may have had disagreement with trainer and H. R so they took out their frustration with her on me. I we t in blind. My sister didn't communicate any issues to me. I worked there 8 months. Leaving Coleman & Assoc. was the best thing. Verizon takes advantage if their customers. The lie to them about receiving cash card by signing up and they never do.

Advice to Management

Integrity is ethical and not only should it be given to customer but also to employees.

Retail Sales Representative

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay/benefits for pretty easy selling. Also great sales and tech training with newest mobile devices.

Cons

Terrible work/life balance.. its retail. Blackout dates for vacation for 4th quarter. The retail management is mostly a mess. Just hit your numbers and look to get out of retail asap

3. It was my only job in 34 years, so that being said it was great.

Former Employee - Resource Management in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Resource Management in Tampa, FL

Pros

Great benefits. Higher management always provided focus groups on how to make jobs easier.

Cons

Too much consolidations. No actions in place when consolidating.

5. Great benefits

Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

Pros

good benefits, good pay, good people

Cons

call center. horrible shifts with no flexibility

Advice to Management

don't treat employees like a number. get to know them

Good company but poor middle management

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice company as far as benefits and pay are concerned. Good tuition assistance program.

Cons

Heavy dependence on offshore to get the work done. So onsite folks end up as business analysts rather than as developers

Advice to Management

Encourage career Opportunities and career mobility so that talent is not lost or wasted

Working at Verizon Wireless gave me several opportunities.

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great tuition reimbursement program, great pay to an extent and great friendships fostered.

Cons

You have to create your own work balance, because the company will work you to death if you let them.

Advice to Management

Your leadership really need to let "change energize " them to keep the company sustainable in the future. Management still working the same way not changing with the times.

Good company with advancement opportunities if you are willing to work hard and relocate.

Current Employee - Customer Service Pro in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Pro in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Continuos training is offered but promotions may be limited if you work in a regional center, away from the HQ. Overall benefits are good and management is fairly open to suggestions. Nevertheless, do not expect quick changes. The company encourages employees to continue their education and use the tuition assistance program.

Cons

Work-life balance can be difficult to achieve for call center employees. Monetary compensation is average. Some supervisors tend to use antiquated management styles -they call it traditional-. You may be stuck in a salary band for years.

Advice to Management

Consider higher monetary compensation. Since the company is perceived as a high tech organization, it would be nice to see that reflected on facilities, perks and some areas of the company's culture.

Great benefits, horrible work/life balance.

Former Employee - Technical Support Coordinator II in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Coordinator II in Tampa, FL

Pros

They provide excellent benefits such as wages, 401k up to 6% match, educational assistance, medical benefits, and flex account.

Cons

The schedule rotate every 6 months and one must bid to get a schedule selection order. They provide no flexibility to make adjustments due to having children and no evening daycare service in the area or affordable within the pay rage they provide. This is why in my 3 yr employment I saw over 200 employees come and go in less than a yr due to the poor schedule considerations.

Advice to Management

They should consider setting set schedules and creating a better work/life balance.

10. Great company to work for. Great benefits

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Tampa, FL

Pros

Technology driven and fast paced. Company culture, vision, and leadership is very strong.

Cons

As in many retail places, the schedule varies and you must work nights and weekends

11. You win some you lose some

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good overall organization to work for. For a young person straight out of high school great first job. The pay is good for a very young person but for an individual with a family or young family it isn't enough.

Cons

For the career minded adult not the place to work. Too many hoops to jump through for very experienced individual.

Advice to Management

Make room for those talented individuals that could help the organization grow.

Showing 58 of 4,494 reviews