Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless Reviews in Warrendale, PA

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead

Daniel Mead

Pros
  • Pay and benefits were good although commissions began shrinking which is why I eventually left(in 178 reviews)

• They offer great benefits - full health insurance from day 1 - no probation period(in 528 reviews)

Cons
  • Let see: almost NO work-life balance (asking for vacation gets you the evil-eye(in 254 reviews)

• They work you so many hours with no work/life balance at all(in 72 reviews)

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

VZW

Retail Sales Representative and B2B Sales Representative (Current Employee) Warrendale, PA

ProsGreat company, benefits and people to work with and for.

ConsGolden handcuffs. When the quote are fair and reasonable you can do very well. When they are not. this is when things go wrong.

Has been slowely going downhill.

Business Sales Representative (Former Employee) Warrendale, PA

ProsGreat pay and benefits, there are oppurtunities to move within the company and the training you receive is top notch.

ConsThe company has seems to have forgotten about their employees and customers and is focussing too much on KPI's. They make it hard tobleave because even if you're miserable, you are unlikely to find similar pay elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, remember the front line employees and the customers are the ones who truly grow the business...

Great experience highly stressful environment high paced, excelled in sales and customer service

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Warrendale, PA

ProsBenefits the company gives would be the best reason to work for Verizon Wirless.

ConsMany departments within the company have different promotions which can offset customers buying intentions.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany departments within the company have different promotions which can offset customers buying intentions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Experience

Coordinator BGCO (Current Employee) Warrendale, PA

ProsGreat benefits. On site fitness center. 401I match. Bonus and great raises every year. Professional development. Discounts on service. Lots of vacation time.

ConsStressful. They make it difficult to be graded as Leading each year. Hard to manage everything they ask you to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees the time and resources to perform job instead of just micro manage.

Very Competitive, excellent benefits

Telesales (Current Employee) Warrendale, PA

ProsIt's a fantastic company to work for. Training and corporate culture is top rate. Co - workers are great and managers are also very helpful and friendly. Excellent health benefits and company march in profit sharing.

ConsAlways changing corporate focus and aggressive quota is extremely stressful. An abundance of fraudulent calls, and terrible new line prospects. Most notably customers that live in less ideal areas such as Detroit, Michigan setting up 5 lines of service which they won't pay their bill. With better prepaid options post paid service is on the decline. Even with payment installments on full price no contract options. Verizon can't compete with prepaid pricing*, the industry is on a decline. They have to rely on joint ventures with cable companies and other industries to stay viable.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of firing excellent employees in telesales let them transfer out to different departments within the company.

CEOs are their Priority, Not the Employee

Telesales (Current Employee) Warrendale, PA

ProsGreat coworkers, education, benefits and 401k. Hours were very open for making money and onsite gym available.

ConsYou could really use the gym or anything else for that matter because you HAD to do the hours to meet unrealistic quotas. One day new rule next day forgotten. So many leaders to cover so little subordinates.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit the layoffs and quit giving bonuses to the 1%.

You have to accept it's never good enough and never a work / life balance

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Warrendale, PA

ProsThe people are awesome, you basically live there and they are your support. The beneftits are great and school incentive.

ConsBut you can't really use the school incentive because you have to work more hours to meet unrealistic quotas or get written up/fired. Too many chiefs do you need for your Indians.. Be ready to put on 20 pounds due to stress eating and drinking.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wanted this to be my career but as I meet more people who left, I see healthier people again. You lose a lot of intelligent folks Verizon. Cool it with the quota, more people keep leaving and you spend more on new hires, how is that cost effective?

Spent almost 12 years with the company. It used to be employee & customer focused but slowly changed to greed focused.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Warrendale, PA

ProsThe company has great benefits,

ConsThere is very low job satisfaction in all departments: Employee moral is bad due to the demanding, difficult to attain quotas, and scorecard requirements. The sales people are making a fraction of what they were making 10 years ago, yet the company profits has exceeded 40 billion year after year. The only people making money are top management. When I started with the company, I loved it, but in the last 6 or 7 years, mgmt. decisions have put undue strain on the workforce, and you feel like you're valued only as a number instead of a person.

Advice to Senior Management1-Be more realistic with quota's so the sales force can make the kind of money that motivates them to produce instead of meeting their scorecard. 2- Treat people as valuable employees, not children who need reprimanding if they make a mistake. Operate the company without being so driven by greed. If you have happy employees who love coming to work, who make a decent paycheck, they are going to enjoy their work and are more motivated to work to their highest potential, which will produce happier customer results and sales...which in turn brings more company profits.

Solid Company

Business Account Executive (Former Employee) Warrendale, PA

ProsPlenty of Career Advancement Opportunities. Salaries very competitive. Great chance to experience cutting edge technology. Fast moving industry

ConsNot the place to be if you don't like constant change. Constant reorganization of positions and titles. My position was ultimately eliminated and I choose to leave via severance as opposed to moving to lesser position.

Working at verizon wireless

Data Sales (Current Employee) Warrendale, PA

Prosfocused on revenue and the ability to increase income

ConsLoss of work life balance

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!