Verizon Wireless Reviews

1. None

Current Employee - Federal BSA in Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - Federal BSA in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

The company have very great leadership. I look forward to the growth of the company

Cons

Having over 120000 employees world wide, this is a very large organization. Therefore, politics definitely play a role.

2. Tech support experience.

Former Employee - Tech Support Coordinator I in Laurel, MD
    Former Employee - Tech Support Coordinator I in Laurel, MD

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

The money is not bad, around 38k plus bonuses. You can succeed if you are hungry and get some results.

Cons

Hard to move up, stressful job, no work life balance.

Focus on the employees instead of the surveys, and in return the employees will get their numbers up.

3. Stressful

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Pay is great, Great benefits, training is good.

Cons

horrible work/life balance, management does not care about all the tasks they put on your list for the day. You have to do everything they ask as well as help on the sales floor every day.

I feel that upper management should take some time and spend a day in the employees shoes. Especially those who do not have have any sales experience.

5. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Great benefits, tuition assistance, satisfaction of helping others, potential of making really good money! Top performers can get promoted quickly!

Cons

It's retail so long hours and working on holidays is common.
    Just like any commission based job there are ups and downs!

6. Verizon wireless

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Team is cool, paid sick, vacation, and personal time off. Great work environment with teammates

Cons

No work/life balance, hours are crazy, hard to get days off micromanagement, fighting over sales little to no training once in store you learn on your own. Commissions are all over the place and unreasonable. You have to lie to get sales

Stop being greedy. The money comes in don't force employees to over sale the customer especially if you know they can't afford it

7. Great opportunity to gain experience

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Gain experience
    Decent Pay
    Benefits
    Opportunity for growth at retail level
    Interaction with people, dealing with people
    Knowing the latest technology

Cons

Long Hours
    Must work weekends and holidays
    More sales oriented than customer service

Verizon Wireless has taken over my life since my start date November 2 2012

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best part about working there is the money. You can control the money you make, if you work hard, your check will be larger, plain and simple. Very easy to get promoted if you work hard and BROWN NOSE, so that is a plus just not in my character. Great benefits. Just rank high, Make your check high, and forfeit any kind of personal happiness.

Cons

MANAGEMENT, this job is hard and demanding in it self, Verizon is always changing, making us their employees the middle man, and thats my job, so its ok. We often have new trainings for all the information, which can be any location headquaters or another store in your zone, they do compensate you, but if the meeting is in the am and you close at your store youll end up working over 12 hours that day, and have to go straight back to the store after the meeting. Also at my location we are all being scheduled more than 40 hours per week. We work 9- 10 hour shifts and its terrible. My most popular shift is 12:30pm to close , the store closes at 9:00pm but cell phone tablets and what ever else the customer may need you to do takes time, the latest i have left my store was 11:45pm one night. But when you have management denying personal time and vacation, choosing favorites, answering smb calls and giving it to one rep in particular ALL THE TIME, your job will become similiar to Jail. No matter how well you do, you still feel unappreciated Ive requested time off months in advance and still are denied. I have no structure to my life. When i first started i was 22 and turned 23 it was working for me at the time, now that i am 25 i require more of myself, the option of set hours, and a personal life, im not sure if verizon stole my joy, but i need organization and structure back in my life in order to do the things that make me happy. Also my store is all blk male managers which in it self isnt diverse but me being a 24 year old blk woman it can be very uncomfortable working with so many men. Im just miserable at my location in particular but after being at my second location, im ready to leave the company. I am in zone 2 and ranked in the top 100 year to date, making great money, terrible hours, and terrible work conditions, 30mins isnt enough time to grab food ina mall either. Oh yea and sometimes u may not feel good about what your doing with the customer when your new to the company but after while that feeling goes away, and your just doig your job.

Stop being so unfair!! Give us time off, and understand this job takes up our entire lifes. There is no balance between work and home and what we deal with on a daily basis is crazy. So instead of working for Pharoah I need a supportive team, not a person who likes to swing a whip around at all times.

9. Excellent company to launch your entire career

Former Employee - Corporate/Government Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Corporate/Government Account Executive in Washington, DC

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Very inclusive corporate culture that rewards hard workers. Plenty of training and resources available to employees. A wide array of career opportunities open to just about anyone who wants to explore their potential in the retail, business, and government sectors. Verizon is an innovative, always evolving technology company that sets a solid foundation for employees of any background and skill level.

Cons

The company's zeal and credo for change sometimes alienates workers who don't conform quickly to new policies and sudden/over-night adjustments. There is a hard line in the "sink or swim" philosophy. There is no such thing as seniority (which may be a good or bad thing for some people) and seasoned, veteran employees have been known to be demoted or shown the door if target objectives were not met.

10. The culture is one of stress, better than average compensation, and great benefits.

Former Employee - Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative in Sterling, VA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits...tuition assistance, discounts on store items.

Cons

low compensation for high stress sales

Provide quality training and don't limit/cap employees on a monthly basis as a result of improved performance.

11. Management Drove me Away

Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in Germantown, MD
    Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in Germantown, MD

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The salary, benefits, and discounts are what made me stay as long as I did. This was my first full time job right after graduating from college and I was extremely excited to get a job that would not only give me health benefits but also save my family money.

Cons

MANAGEMENT, MANAGEMENT, MANAGEMENT. Anywhere from the assistant managers in the store to the higher-ups in corporate, it seems like everyone is drinking some type of crazy Verizon kool-aid. Management is so inconsistent. I was at the same store for 16 months and within that time span I had 4 different store managers and about 10 different assistant managers. How can I trust my management team when it might be completely different people next month?
    Also I told a manager I was more interested in doing customer service than sales, His response, "Ha ha, that's not going to happen." What in the world?!? That shouldn't have been his response. Then we you can't sell accessories they get on your butt about it. Sorry I don't want to shove a $300 speaker down a customer's throat.
    Also the score card is complete crap. If I make my goal I get all the points, if I miss my goal by $1 I don't get ANY points at all, causing me to fail. What's the point of having points then?!? Just do check marks or X's.
    Don't even get me started on actually using vacation. I worked there for a whole year before I ever requested any vacation time. When I finally do request vacation time for my birthday and to take my fiance on a trip to New York my store manager wants to say, "I just don't understand why you need that much time off." Maybe because I'm here 5 times a week, every week, working my tail off and I haven't taken a single vacation yet.

Get it together. Support your team more and stop living in a delusional world.