Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead

Daniel Mead

29 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

High pressure sales

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Prince Frederick, MD

ProsGreat pay and benefits. Work phone that changes every 4 months

ConsConfusing sales strategy from management, corporate goals change monthly and usually are opposite of the previous month

A technology company with great products & services hardly any help moving forward career wise.

Woodbridge, VA

ProsGreat health, dental, & vision insurance, 401k is excellent, if you speak Spanish extra pay in your check each month, and vacation time. Paid month's worth of training and hotel. They pay for milage too if they need help in other stores.

ConsNo incentives to move up or help in growth for career opportunities. Taking away incentives for customers makes it hard to have a loyal foundation. You can feel you be stuck or get too comfortable the amount of money you take in monthly. Quota is ridiculous especially now focusing on accessories. Corporate does not understand how the sales floor works if they experienced selling themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop your favoritism and political decisions within the store and region.

Verizon wireless was a great place to work. There was a fun team oriented atmosphere.

Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Bethesda, MD

ProsThe best perk from Verizon Wireless was the employee phone program. Having a device to use on a regular basis made recommending complete solutions to customer much simpler.

ConsThe collapse of a an equitable employee compensation plan and commission structure. They felt we should work harder for the amount we were being paid. Things were easy until the market became over saturated. Which meant every transaction became a renewal or upgrade with the occasional coveted add a line.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on accessibility the loss of market share catering to the up market clients will hurt you in the long run. Develop a strong mid range price and product offering.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales representative

Washington, DC

ProsThe best thing was the discount.

ConsThe worst thing was the overtime.

Good Atmosphere to Work In but Compensation Declines Steadily by Year

Rockville, MD

ProsThe position now is a good stepping stone to get sales experience and acclimate to a corporate culture. You can grow and improve your interpersonal one on one sales skills in a fast paced environment. Company does provide outstanding benefits.

ConsPromotions are based on a skewed performance tracking system. At the time, one can lead every performance category except new line acquisition and be rated poorly. Thusly, promotion to another position can hampered because that is always of interest. Sales quota went up steadily over a 5 year period and the commissions declined. By my 5th year, I was exceeding a higher quota for less compensation than I originally started. Basically, from high five figures to lower mid five figures while achieving a higher quota. Personally, I couldn't afford to stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Most changes occur above the regional management level, in my opinion. Everything goes back to maximizing stockholder share value. Read the sign in every break room...lol.

A good experience and stepping stone.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Prince Frederick, MD

ProsThe benifits and salary are pretty decent, The incentives and perks are prety decent as well.

ConsThe comapny has moved from being there for the customer, to being there for the dollar.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to the customers.

Great place to work

Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Laurel, MD

ProsGood Salary if you perform efficiently

ConsPolitics when it comes to promotion within

Advice to Senior ManagementBe neutral

Learned a lot great money

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsBenefits, Money, easy work.
    Company phone and discount on your personal phone

ConsLong hours, customer care is last, following every other companies nickel and dime tactic. Comission dropped more than 50% in the seven years I worked there. Hard work is not rewarded they promote on who you know. You step on the right toes and they will get rid of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote those who work for it an are proven to be leaders. I worked with a few people who should be store managers and managers who should have been greeters.

Could have been better

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Bowie, MD

Pros-Sales training
    -Money
    -Freebies
    - Technology

If you come from a commission based environment this may be the job for you.

Cons-Quota
    -Management
    -Poor work life balance

If you don't feel comfortable forcing people to buy accessories this job is not for you!

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on pleasing the customer, and don't just instruct your employees to shove Accessories down their throats!

look elsewhered probaffffbly look elsewhereo

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Fredericksburg, VA

Prosbenefits, match up to 6%, selling a product people want, decent vacation time, work phone, reduced verizon bill, potential to make decent money is there

Consexpectations and treatment of salesforce, the stress for the amount of pay is not worth it, they change metrics almost monthly so its hard to predict how much money youll make or how well youll be doing on "the big board," they have started doing daily calls (while you're not even working) if you don't sell a very niche product that day or some other unrealistic daily goals no matter how you're doing for the whole month and then potentially take you off the floor for hours because of it so you don't get ot. All this for a very average paying retail sales job.

Advice to Senior Managementrealistic metrics, more positive environment, treat your salespeople like they pay your salary.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless reviews and ratings in Washington, DC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Verizon Wireless CEO Daniel Mead. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees.