Vermilion Energy

Be The First To
Add Photos

Vermilion Energy President, CEO, and Director Lorenzo Donadeo

Lorenzo Donadeo

Vermilion Energy is a very classy company to work for.

Senior Operations Analyst (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsThe company is very involved in the communities they operate in and try to do more than just throw money at a problem. The compensation is excellent, the reputation is top-notch, management is very professional and methodical. Although very conservative, there is little threat of losing your job so long as you contribute accordingly. I loved going to work every day.

ConsLargely due to the structure of the long-term incentives (and the significant value of it), it is rare that people leave the company. Because they grow very carefully and slowly, there is not much opportunity to be promoted or move between groups.
    Along with the significant compensation is an unwritten expectation of 'getting the job done'. That often encompasses a substantial amount of overtime during some periods. Although tiresome, I did not feel as though this was too much to ask in the grand scheme of things. Again, this is a great company. Definitely more pros than cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the fantastic job! I truly loved working for Vermilion.

Great culture, competitive compensation, and well-respected company - Best company I've worked for!

Technical Professional (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsGreat company culture driven by CEO and generally very good leadership throughout organization
    Consistently strong share performance translates to very good long term incentive
    Generally competent and committed staff with poor performers being let go
    Voted Great Place to Work for 3 years in a row
    Well respected by peer companies and industry
    Genuine care for community investment and social responsibility
    Nice, modern office space with drinks, coffee, and breakfast for employees

ConsInternal moves can be tricky given people stay in their jobs for a long time
    A handful of mediocre middle managers, but all companies have a few

Advice to Senior ManagementThe executive management is top notch. They genuinely make an effort to listen to employees suggestions and have done a great job. The management take a very careful, conservative approach which has meant no major mistakes for the company and shareholders.

Great company, great people

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsOil and Gas industry perks with small company vibe.
    Competitive salary, great people, lots of opportunity to work in other regions of the world.

ConsThe only con I can think of that some departments have a lot of stress to finish financial reporting, might be understaffed ?

Worked for Vermilion Energy? Contribute to the Community!