Vernier Software & Technology

3.1
Dave Vernier

1. very well copany and well finanaly

I worked at Vernier Software & Technology full-time

Pros

Very knowledgeable copany would like to work for them again

Cons

selfishvery and mangers are cold mice managed

2. I worked at Vernier Software & Technology

Pros

Pros I echo this statement - The company has amazing benefits. Great health care, 15% contribution to 401K, Dental etc. That is the very best reason to work at Vernier. The owners are good people who are socially responsible and give back to the community. The company is environmentally friendly which is very important to me. The owners themselves have put quite a bit of money into stewardship of the Earth.

Cons

Cons Absolutely no room for growth or advancement. No innovation in organization thinking. Things are done the exact way they have always been done. Gossipy, back-biting, competitive women in Front Office. Watch Out if you work in that department.

Advice to Management

Re-structure Front Office, employ fair individuals. Do not play favorites in management. Enjoy workdays a little, life is short.

3. Regret employment there

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Vernier Software & Technology

Pros

Great pay and great benefits

Cons

Alot of negative politics. Alot of rumors, behind management. Some employees are targeted and then treated very poorly and unfair until they either quit or get fired. The owners love to pat themselves on the back every chance they get.

Advice to Management

You have lost alot of great hard working employees because you let politics continue.

5. Very friendly company culture.

I have been working at Vernier Software & Technology

Pros

Very friendly co-workers and atmosphere. Genuine care for employees from management.

Cons

Not much room for advancement as it is a small company. Lots of overlapping responsibility can make getting things done quickly difficult.

6. Great people, great work, leadership struggles

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Vernier Software & Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people at Vernier, from bottom to top, are dedicated individuals who care about the mission to improve science education. It is a family-like environment and a good place to maintain a work-life balance.

Cons

The leadership struggles with adapting to the increasing size of the company. Struggles: making decisions, communicating with employees, providing room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Spend some time getting the leadership/management team on the same page and then rally the company behind that cohesive vision. Find ways to use the energy of younger employees to bring the company forward.

Amazing benefits - Zero room for advancement

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Vernier Software & Technology

Pros

Cons

Absolutely no room for growth or advancement. The company does not know how to support its employees in this way. You become stuck and now they have made it even worse by freezing salaries.

Advice to Management

Do not freeze salaries.

8. Stable company in a rocky economy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Vernier Software & Technology

Pros

The overall spirit of teamwork is good and at times it is great. The owners are good at creating an atmosphere where teachers (our customers) are respected. There is an ethic of going above-and-beyond for science teachers and science education. The founders give back to the community with time and with money. The 401K is terrific. After a number of years they contribute 15% to the 401K and they pay for insurance for employees families. There is an one month sabbatical after ten years of service. Most employees have been there forever.

Cons

No one leaves. Once you're in there is no room for advancement in your career or in pay scale. Sales are way up and profits seem way up, yet raises are still held at 3%.

Advice to Management

Be fair. Follow your written policies and follow employment laws diligently.

9. Vernier was a pleasure to work with

I worked at Vernier Software & Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours were flexible, pay was decent. In fact, they extended my contract with them from 3 months to just over a year. I was a contractor, and they still included me in holiday paid time off! They operated like a big family, and I loved that about them.

Cons

Can't think of anything. Leadership was good, tasks were well-written so I knew what to do. Time off when my mother was sick in the hospital...they didn't even blink an eye. There just weren't any cons. I wish I could have stayed on with them permanently.

Advice to Management

You have grown something special here. I appreciate the opportunity extended to me, and wish you the best always.

RSS Feed </> Embed