Versa Products Reviews

Updated May 22, 2014
Updated May 22, 2014

3.5

Christopher Laudadio

Ability to Grow at this Los Angeles Furniture Company with Opportunities for Advancement

Current Employee - Engineering  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Versa Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am a recent engineering graduate and I have been working for Thrive/Versa Tables while I was finishing my degree. I have learned the ropes with all the hands on learning Versa Products has afforded me. As engineers we are many times relegated to boring projects. What I like about Thrive is that I am able to draw inspiration from mid-century modern styles and make them for an updated lifestyle.

I will be staying at this company for the foreseeable future. I like my co-workers. I like the environment. I like being able to walk into the factory and do testing immediately. It's a test lab at my fingertips and I appreciate that we can work with the craftsmen in a creative workplace.

Cons

Not the greatest neighborhood. But the food truck comes twice daily so you don't have to leave. The early hours are hard for the first 2 weeks but now I can't imagine not starting my day at 7am.

Just like everyone else, I'd like more consistent promotions, but I think they are coming. I have already received a couple, but it is always nice to know that you are valued.

I'm on the fence about this company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Versa Products full-time

Pros

The compensation was above average and weekly. The dress code is casual and the work environment is relaxed. The company makes good products and you can certainly be proud to work here. The people are very nice as well. I've met the CEO once or twice and he was always nice and pleasant to speak with. My supervisors were also really great guys. Always opportunity to move up and take on more responsibilities.

Cons

No health benefits but I think there's some sort of rebate program you can take advantage of. The work environment is too relaxed; to the point where professionalism is completely out the window. Turnover is extremely high. People get laid off CONSTANTLY (it's a running joke to see whose going to get the axe next). The departments do not cooperate with each other due to personal vendettas, immaturity, and sometimes incompetence. The CEO didn't inspire confidence in managers which lead to insubordination and disrespect. You can blame the managers but ultimately responsibility falls on the CEO. There were also pay freezes, bonus freezes, and hiring freezes.

My advice to the CEO is to set a business casual dress policy. The culture needs to change into one of professionalism and competence. I appreciate the forward-looking approach but it wasn't working when I was there. The constant state of uncertainty in employees because they don't know if they'll be there next month is no way to run a business and is ultimately detrimental to the prosperity of the business.

Versa Has Helped Me Achieve the American Dream - I Really Like Working Here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Versa Products full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The office/factory communication and collaboration is good because both are on site and can function together. Upward mobility opportunities. English & Spanish language company. I feel good about the products I'm selling. There is more, but yes, the lunch trucks are good.

Cons

Honestly, the neighborhood is iffy, but has gotten better. There is secured parking so it's not a big deal and it's totally fine in the daytime.

I have worked for Versa for 4 years and I completely disagree with the comments below. I enjoy my job at Versa and I believe that the statements above are nothing more then a final, sad attempt to bully and tarnish a company that they undermined. They should leave with dignity but this continued sabotage should reflect on them, not Versa.

In the last quarter of 2013 the company had some needed personnel changes. The office is so much better without them.

Versa employees a huge amount of craftsman in Los Angeles to proudly manufacture quality, beautifully designed - MADE IN AMERICA products. Its an intensive, difficult, product line to manufacture, but the fact that the company has been around so long and been profitable EVERY year proves that they are doing something RIGHT. I am thankful that there are companies like this, proving that things don't have to be outsourced to China all the time.

Since the departure of the people that have left the derogatory comments, the vibe and ethos of the company has been remarkably better. It has been a clear move in the right direction - all under the leadership of Christopher Laudadio. Like it or not, he has built something for himself and the dozens of employees that is worthy of recognition. He gives back to the community, he has overcome this turn over and will continue to persevere. I look forward to continuing to work at Versa - hopefully for a long time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The owner wrote the 1 5 star review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Compton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Compton, CA

I have been working at Versa Products full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great group of employees. Learning how not to run a business by watching Chris. 3 different lunch trucks

Cons

Chris Laudadio. Chris Laudadio's ego and inability to understand simple concepts such as business. Watching him drive the company into a wall

Read "CEO for dummies".

Versa Products Response

Jan 13, 2014president

Versa Products experienced explosive growth during 2010 - 2013. Our unique business model of eCommerce, selling to the end user, and manufacturing here in the USA created many obstacles and ... More

Worked for Versa Products? Contribute to the Community!