Versatile Systems Reviews

1. Great company with great customers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairport, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairport, NY

I have been working at Versatile Systems

Pros

Respect for employees, family friendly, innovative compensation plan, strong effort to hold down health insurance costs to employees, opportunity to learn latest technologies.

Cons

No big cons. Historically I've been largely on my own to shepherd my own development, which is both a pro and a con in different ways.

2. Manager Broadband Solutions

Former Employee - Director in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Director in Mechanicsburg, PA

I worked at Versatile Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I was originally an Employee of Perfect Order, Inc which was acquired by Versatile. While selling and delivering integrated solutions, I was fortunate enough to work with some of the most talented systems, storage and networking consultants I have ever met. Consultant earning potentials are high because they are based on % of revenues on their gigs.

The management at the time was very engaged. I hear through the grapevine that there is new management and that the Consulting Services business may find some of it's past glory - but be careful

Cons

Versatile consulting lost its way under when merged with the Product company Versatile Mobile. Most of the really talented guys moved elsewhere, including the sales team. This limits both earning potential and happiness for current employees of the Consulting division.

Advice to Management

Find ways to tap into the consulting value and history,, even if it means supporting traditional products.

3. No vision, no plan, fair weather loyalty

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Mechanicsburg, PA

I worked at Versatile Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you happen into a long term commitment from a single client, you won't be bothered by much of anything.

Cons

Exceptionally high executive and management turn over leads to constant gear shifting. Most of the small company benefits are more illusion than reality, you won't have much effect on the direction of the company. CEO is entirely separate from the company with seemingly no knowledge of the products, market or offerings, but will still mandate actions company wide.

Benefits were consistently cut down. Originally when being hired I got a lot of high minded fairness claims, things like giving FSA's to single employees to balance the company cost of family covered insurance, because they "didn't want to make money that way". That didn't last through the Sun decline. 401k match is " temporarily" removed or decreased more than it will ever be the amount agreed upon in your offer.

Advice to Management

Determine a goal and stick to it. Think long term and use the resources you have, while you still have them.

5. Great Place to work.

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Versatile Systems

Pros

Great place to work. Very fair with good management.

Cons

Some favoritism with hiring friends.

Advice to Management

n/a

RSS Feed </> Embed