Vertex Business Systems

Company with Poor Future

Current Employee - Senior Developer  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Vertex Business Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people I worked with were great. The physical work environment was one of the nicest I'd ever worked in. Benefits were ok.

Cons

Management has talked for the last year that they need to retain employees with utility industry experience, but layoffs continue to occur. Management's attempt to establish SAP Practice is in shambles.

No opportunities for advancement.

Run Away!!

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Vertex Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a job. No one will push to do a good job. You can stay there for years.

Cons

Pay, unhappy employees, poor management, horrible client, no raises. Company does not invest in hardware or software. Outdated infrastructure.

Pay your employees! Invest in hardware & software . Your employees deserve raises.

Senior Manager

I have been working at Vertex Business Systems

Pros

There is nothing positive to say about this company

Cons

Deceptive management practices, horrible benefits, Executive leadership only focused on their bonuses, clients are lied to and abused financially

Sell this company quickly and save us all from you

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Career Suicide

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Vertex Business Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work from home was nice

Cons

no growth opportunity
    no raises
    no training

create a better culture and be more concern with employee development

Upper Level Management Incompetent & Do Not Respect Employees

Current Employee - Pushed Around By Kimberly/Sunitha  in  Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Pushed Around By Kimberly/Sunitha in Bend, OR

I have been working at Vertex Business Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay is decent
    Lots of PTO
    Bend Oregon location
    Bend Oregon employees

Cons

Top level management has no respect.
    Plan is to offshore to India, which they have been trying to make work for years.
    Company being dressed up all the time for sale.
    No investment in product. Current customers are hanging on. Many are leaving.
    Non contemporary thinking.

Sell the company and let a new owner do better before all customers are prospects are gone.

Company focused complete on profit and NOT the employee- See details

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Vertex Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Here is the full details: Training is about 2 weeks, paid, behind-a-desk experience, not exciting, attendance is EXTREMELY strict. They go by veral-written-termination system, even 1 minute counts. This is a call center environment. Be prepared to be thrown to the wolves onces you are out of training. There is VERY little supervision UNLESS a customer complains on you. They review your calls every two weeks, they use your reviews as an excuse NOT to give you a raise. I worked there for 1 year as one of their TOP associates (I have the paperwork to prove it) and was only give a 5 cent hourly raise, even with PERFECT attendance. The hours are long, the customers are as rude as they get, and management just doesn't care. They do a raffle every 2nd friday (when you get paid) and come to your desk to solicit you to donate money (even when you are on the phone with a customer!) They do this to get a tax write off.... not in the name of charity, but profit. You are serious a number to management, they pull calls by your 'number' not your name. The pay is almost minimum wage, the staff is demotivated, mostly single mothers with bills to day, this is a LAST resort job.

Cons

I am not an angry employee, I was with them for a full year, and have spent previous years at great companies in customer service. This place is just insanely inefficient. Everyone is like a pack of hungry wolves waiting to get promoted. Do NOT expect promotions at all... they are flat-line moves with no pay increases. Overtime is rare, and they use the company policies against you if they want to let you go without giving you unemployment pay. Please beware, I am not kidding, you are MUCH better elsewhere. For those who doubt me, please go ahead and get with the company. I am not the only one who has experienced this.

Maybe if you treated your workers with respect, I wouldn't have taken the time to write this review about you. Too late.

Project Managers Avoid this Company

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Bend, OR
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Bend, OR

I worked at Vertex Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Bend, OR office is nice. The people are nice too. (The problem is with the remote Management in Texas). The Oracom Team has a family feel.

Cons

This company has no concept of Project Management. The people creating the process (the ad-hoc PMO) do not have PMP certifications or a basic understanding of best practices. They are not really willing to listen to the people who do know. I was the 6th PM to leave in a 6 month period. If you are a PM you do not want to go here. This company is actively moving jobs from the US to India, not just using off shore resources.

Oracom Management, find a local organization that can buy your business back from the British Vertex.
    Vertex Management - What can I say, as soon as I have the funds, if you are publicly traded, I am buying Put options.

A decent job for the time being...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Vertex Business Systems

Pros

Pay is equivalent or slightly better than others

Cons

No career potential
    Upper management seems confused
    Feeling of you will be next to be laid off

Institute structure within the organization so that there is a clear career path, clear understand of the business model.

Sit back and relax, you aren't going anywhere

I worked at Vertex Business Systems

Pros

- great work/life balance (no work, so it's all about your life i.e. do your groceries, pay your bills etc.)
    - compensation great and there is no work
    - no stress on the job

Cons

- career advancement is non-existent
    - no pay increases or bonuses
    - general attitude: everyone is waiting for a package
    - technology is old and outdated
    - you will become a dinosaur

do something or else go the way of the dinosaur

Disjointed with little to no communication. Salary uplifts mostly nonexistent. Internal computer systems are terrible

I have been working at Vertex Business Systems

Pros

Employees truly care about each other. Managers want to to a good job but they're limited by limited direction. Pay is okay.

Cons

No career path. You never really know how or when you'll get pay increases. They do a company survey every year and we have some meetings but nothing is ever really done. Our own internal website rarely works and most of the things that are posted are about the U.K. office

Need more structure. Career path, pay increases, positive changes in the workplace. Communicate information to us so we know what' sgoing on.

Worked for Vertex Business Systems? Contribute to the Community!