Vertical Screen

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tony D’Orazio

Not bad..

Human Resources Researcher (Former Employee)
    Southampton, PA

ProsDuring the hiring process everyone was friendly and socialable. Made you feel comfortable.

ConsTraining had to be done in New Jersey. The job was super boring. Felt like I was getting paid to harass people all day.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little nicer to your staff. People not machines.

Mediocre at best.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits. Unlimited overtime after you "have high production". You can eat outside during your pathetic 30 minute break.

ConsThey want you to be a company molded robot. You have the adhere to many bogus policies that are illustrated in the pathetic excuse for a company handbook. Overall not a great place to work. The turnover of employees is the worst I've ever seen in my life. If the CEO should open his eyes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow your company is a joke & make an effort to keep people there.

WORST PLACE EVER!!

ProsOnly pro is being able to wear causal clothing.......

Conseverything!! Management and Supervisors have no clue to what their doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKill yourselves...

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Atrocious

Human Resources Researcher (Former Employee)
    Warminster, PA

ProsThe people are nice and the trainers are friendly. Also, I did not receive my benefits from the company but i was told that they are some of the best my former co-workers have found.

ConsLet me provide some insight from my position within the company to add some credibility to this review. I left in 2014 after working for two years in the Human Resources Research Department. I did well within the department and was given different duties to work on since i seemed to understand the inner workings of the job. I quit on my own volition and got positive feedback from my co-workers and mid level management so I am not some exiled worker just looking to get back at the company, this is my honest opinion.
    -If you are in it for the money, work at a McDonald's. The pay is more appropriate to your duties.
    - Raises are as minimal as possible and a workers statistics are combed through to find every flaw to knock the raise down a penny at a time.
    -Performance of an employee is calculated so raises are easy to deny and action plans are easy to implement and enforce which will deny you of your raise.
    -If you want to work in a hellish slave like environment then 18th century America is a better time period for you.
    -Very little chance for advancement and a pay increase.
    - if you want to be ridiculed and shown charts and graphs of your bathroom breaks and "excessive socialization" work here!
    -This place is a revolving door and the people who actually stay long enough will be forced to correct others mistakes and if you don't you will receive errors for said mistakes.
    -Validators (work verifiers) will take personal vendettas against you and you will be forced to abide by their egos.
    -During busy times you are overloaded with work and are pressured to complete your excess work or else more graphs and charts will come your way.
    -Socialization is frowned upon. Low cubicle walls and patrolling Supervisors and management have no problem telling you impolitely to return to your work. In addition they have no qualms about going through your emails and confronting you if they deem it excessive socializing.
    -This company does background screenings so if you want to move on and find another job they will pull you into Human Resources and confront and try to intimidate you in an attempt to keep you within the company.
    -This is a very low pay high stress environment and i would not recommend it to anyone. Within the surrounding areas there are other companies which pay more for the same or more practical work expectations.

Again, I know it may not seem like it but I did well in my multiple position but still dealt with everything in this list. This is not a good company and the only reason it is still running is because of the low pay of its employees. There are other places to work in this area which pay better and have more realistic expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation is poor, promotions are very limited and your expectations for what you are putting your employees through are unrealistic. If you don't want to hear the owner yelling through the building so often get him to compensate workers and provide more adequate training for your employees, it will turn the company around and the work environment will not be as harsh. Also, do not have your Human Resources Department try to intimidate employees who are trying to leave. It is unprofessional and pathetic and a well run company would not have to try and stop so many employees from running for the door.

The horror, the horror

Human Resources Researcher (Current Employee)
    Warminster, PA

ProsThe best aspect about this company is the healthcare and 401k.

ConsWhere to begin, where to begin. To start Philadelphia recently had one of the worst recorded winters ever, yet there was not a single day that the company was closed. It was just reckless having your employees drive in those conditions. Now onto actually working there. Its really easy, but they make it seem like you are doing the hardest most impressive task ever. You literally will google a company and call that company to find out dates of employment. Management will listen to your phone calls to make sure you are doing well, but will never offer any advice if you are not. While you get healthcare, you make peanuts. When you do make a simple mistake the validators will send the information back to you asking questions in a condescending way. I usually made about 150 phone calls a day, and am glad that i will never have to again.

Advice to Senior ManagementBurn that sucker down and start from scratch.

Run FAR!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Warminster, PA

ProsHealthcare, lunch-ins and OT. Everything else just sucks.

ConsNot allowed to talk or use your phone. When the weather is extremely bad, you're still expect to come in. Your PTO is combined with Sick time, vacation and personal days. You're only allowed to acrue up to 14 days of PTO. Management is horrible and so is HR. They make you feel stupid constantly. The whole building atmosphere is completely strange. Since no one is allowed to talk, everyone is awkward. Pay is not that good for all the work you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to revise the whole building set up and company policies.

Worst company EVER!!!

ProsThe is absolutely nothing good I could ever say about this company. If you want a company that respects and values their employees keep looking!

ConsI wish I could give negative 5 stars. This is truly the worst place I have ever worked at. You are treated like a child. The company has no appreciation for their employees let alone any regard for their safety and well-being. You are expected to come to work even when there is a declared state of emergency and penalized if you don't. There is no incentive to stay with the company. They raises are absolutely appalling and seniority means nothing. After many years with the company you will be treated the same as someone who just walked in the door. It is impossible to survive on what they pay unless you work A LOT of overtime and will still barely make ends meat. The COO is a bully and makes sure to treat everyone like they are way beneath him. HR ignores serious complaints about sexual harassment and favoritism in the workplace. I can't even put into words how bad the company truly is. Do not take these good reviews seriously. They were very clearly written by upper management or HR. I honestly do not know one employee who is happy at the company and I am friendly with majority of the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all management and HR and start new. Take a second to actually look at how the employees are treated.

Great place to work

ProsThis is the best job I've ever had. It's a really cool place to work - great building, free employee appreciation lunches, and even an employee garden - with a professional gardner. I got a ton of training and there are always postings for advancement opportunities.

ConsNothing that I can think of.

It is what it is

ProsThe people I work with are wonderful as are my supervisors. I am able to communicate with those in my department well.

ConsThe pay could be more equal to the work expected however there are yearly raises that are pretty much gaurenteed as long as you work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease look at your employees and realize the pay scale is not equal to other companies of the same business.

Full time for 3 years

ProsBenefits and paid lunch nothing really else

ConsManagement sucks they make you feel like you are in grade school all over again they nit pick everything mistake you make and reprimand you for things and then turn around and do the same thing they just reprimanded you for the only way you get anywhere in the company is to be a brown noser. You can have 2 feet of snow and they want you to come in but they buy you lunch for risking your life. The whole place is run awful they act like they care about their employees but really all they care about is the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making promises you cant keep and stop asking people to risk their lives to come in when everything else in the city is closed because of dangerous conditions.

Worked for Vertical Screen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vertical Screen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vertical Screen CEO Tony D’Orazio. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by Vertical Screen employees.