Verticalmove

Updated October 16, 2014
Updated October 16, 2014
4.8

Matthew Allen

One of the Best Recruiting Companies in the Country!

Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Verticalmove full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The training is great, because you learn from the best. If you have little to no experience - you will learn from the HANDS DOWN best recruiter out there - Matthew Allen. He knows what is works and is best for his clients. He truly listens to both the company and the candidate - and makes sure all parties get what they want in the end. The earning potential is endless, you just have to put in the work to accomplish your goals! I also liked how they gave you more responsibility when you/they fell you are ready. I was recruiting and became an account manager at the same time (this was beneficial, because you could earn both ends of the commission!) There is tons to learn, and if you have an entrepreneurial mindset - you will fit right in. You also become a part of not just a team, but a family - I no longer work there, but I am happy to see them when I can!

Cons

When I was there, I spent a lot of "outside" office time sourcing, but to be successful, that is what you needed to do (5 digit commission checks helped this out a ton!). Nowadays they have a team that does that for you. Also Matt sometimes wears his emotions on his sleeve - but being that passionate about what you do - it's understandable. He wants his people to be as, if not more successful than he is!

Software Talent Experts

Current Employee - Senior Technology Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Technology Recruiter

I have been working at Verticalmove full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company provides high tech screening methods that are most resourceful in identifying best of the best engineering talent. Company also provides full desk recruiting and business development training and resources. CEO is very knowledgeable in the software development talent landscape.

Cons

Long hours plus weekends and whatever it takes to track down best of the best talent.

Great Place to work and build successful recruiting career!

Current Employee - Principal Recruiter
    Current Employee - Principal Recruiter

I have been working at Verticalmove

Pros

Lots of tools for us to succeed! Continual training to keep us up to date in the industry. The ability to collaborate with other talented recruiters who are just as eager to succeed! No cap on the amount of money you can earn.

Cons

not enough time in the day to get what I need to get done done.

Keep listening to the team for suggestions on how to grow and propel Verticalmove forward!

Good place to learn a lot

Former Employee - Recruiter in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Verticalmove full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The team is very well educated in the software industry

Cons

Very quite office, a lot of computer work

Keep pushing forward

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Verticalmove

Pros

The recruiting staff is the best in the business. Numerous top clients such as Facebook, Zillow, Salesforce.com and more. Small fun team.

Cons

Their CEO is very picky and has a relentless commitment to attention to detail.

Keep doing what you're doing.