Vertrue Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014
3.2

Gary A. Johnson

A great company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Vertrue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Vertrue was a great company to work for. I was given many opportunities to advance and further my career over the years. The offered a good work/life balance.

Cons

Company was not able to turn around their financial position and filed bankruptcy. Long term employees were let go and business is being merged into small company.

They are no longer there.

It was a very pleasant assignment where no pressured me into writing quickly.

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Vertrue as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The work was easy enough and the managers were quite affable. Using MS Word and InfoMapping I was able to bring the assignment in on time. The managers had someone explain to me about Landing Pages and how they worked so I could get a better idea of how to write the document.

Cons

There were no cons as there were on other assignments.

Keep on doing the assignments the same way.

A Great Experience at Vertrue

Former Employee - Legal Department in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Legal Department in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Vertrue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

In my 10 years with Vertrue, I learned so much about the inner workings of a corporate legal dept. After being employed for 19 years in law firms in litigation depts., Vertrue gave me additional skills of working with vendor contracts, corporate governance, marketing materials and other areas. The attorneys and legal staff were a great bunch of people. The office in Norwalk was 3 floors of an open space environment with a young and edgie (sp?) feel. That's right. No one had an office. The CEO, CFO and General Counsel sat out on the floor with the rest of us. I believe we had up to 300 people at one time. We had a large Board Conf. Room and smaller Conf. Rooms throughout the office. Furniture was unique and snazzy. 3 large Lunch Rooms on 3 Floors all had 3 large flat Screen TVs in each, along with a lounge downstairs that had bean bag chairs, ping pong table and video gaming console and other goodies. For the most part, I would say it was a young group in Marketing and Creative depts., and us older people in Legal and Accounting (older being over 35). Good benefit package, vacation was on par with other companies and holiday parties, cocktail parties and summer picnics were always a blast. I dealt on a regular basis with senior management, as well as all of the internal depts. from HR, to Marketing, to IT. All good people, always helpful. Work-life balance was good in the Legal Dept., I rarely worked over 45 hours a week. Perks -- annual bonus on top of an annual salary increase (but if you were an hourly employee, you did not receive a bonus only a salary increase). My salary was very good and I thank my boss for showing his appreciation by giving me such great increases over the years!

Cons

Did not like the small Darien office we moved to in 2013 with the 35 remaining employees. Also, I miss all of my Vertrue friends who have moved on to greener pastures.

They are no longer with the Company.

My ten years experience with Vertrue Inc.

Former Employee - Receptionist in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Vertrue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Vertrue was a fun, family oriented place to work. The company was big and successful. Training was excellent and they always tried to make you better with your working skills/abilities. The benefits also were very good.

Cons

I consider my job very much!!

Vertrue WAS a good company to work for, until they ran into trouble.

I worked at Vertrue

Pros

Worked with some really nice people, great building & atmosphere. Ability to learn and grow. Open space setup fostered communication.

Cons

Unfortunately the business model did not hold up and the company declared bankruptcy. Massive layoffs and eventually there was only a skeleton staff.

Senior Leadership needed to change their business model and they tried too late.

Worked there a long time and the people were great. That's what made it great.

I worked at Vertrue

Pros

I liked being able to use their programs

Cons

Some customers were difficult to work with

Not a good work environment. Toxic politics in upper management

Former Employee - Product Manager in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Vertrue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People who are director and below

Very nice offices and good benefits.

Cons

Coworkers are very two-faced as others have said.

Business is totally sales driven with no respect given to customer experience. Sell anything and use various tactics to increase signups and subscriber tenure.

Focus on making a good product that people actually want and will keep and quit the games.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Omaha, NE

I worked at Vertrue full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They are very flexible...great benefits & management.

Cons

Some coworkers are very two-faced.

Nip drama in the bud.

Not the greatest place to work

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Vertrue full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a very Entrepreneurial atmosphere with good people, so it's a place to really have the freedom to get things done if you want. You can rise quickly.

Cons

Company is very misunderstood. They're are many regulatory authorities that are going after them because they have deep pockets, but they actually one of the best companies in their space compared to the competition.

Just do your best

Should have seen it coming...

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Vertrue full-time

Pros

Good people, cool office building

Cons

Didn't navigate fast enough to avoid failing, wasted tons of money on marketing old products at the expense of funding newer, cleaner ones

Don't say everything is going to be alright to appease us if you don't really feel like you are doing what you need to keep us safe.