Vesta Corporation

Updated August 21, 2014
2.5

Doug Fieldhouse

Start up mentality within a 17 year old organization

I have been working at Vesta Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Vesta has a great work hard/play hard mentality. Company meetings and events are a great way to connect with senior management. The employee perks are excellent including the recent addition of a fully stocked kitchen!

Cons

The company has seen a lot of change in direction. Staff members who are only comfortable in a "status quo" environment will not thrive in this work atmosphere.

Keep the lines of communication open and keep pushing the envelope to bring us to the next level.

abhorrent - run

Former Employee - IT Professional in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Portland, OR

I worked at Vesta Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Vesta is in the right place at the right time with the right solutions for prepaid cellular companies. For now ,they are staying.

Predictable. Predictably horrible, but predictable.

Lots of drinking, at work, sanctioned by the highest execs - although this is also a con.

Cons

IT management is cycled every 12 months like clockwork. Previous CTO was extremely dishonest to employees and customers.
    IT are expected to work 50-hour day shifts and 12-hour night shifts on a regular basis, concurrently.
    Little vision to do strategic or even mid-term planning. Focussed too tightly on cost savings.
    Financial gains are shared with only the top dogs.

The market and job market will change. Karma does work.

Avoid Vesta!

Former Employee - Order Processing Agent in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Order Processing Agent in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Vesta Corporation as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Available hours are there (because of constant turnover).

Cons

If I can rate as 0 or 1/2 I would. Vesta Corporation has a turnstile of temporary employees. I worked in their Atlanta, GA office for about 3 months as my second job. They micro-manage your breaks and lunches worse than any company I have ever worked for (even worse than the military). If you are literally 10 seconds late on a break or lunch you will hear about it. Don't think of using the restroom when it is not your break or lunch, you will hear about your customer availability ratio being lowered. If you are looking for a job where you are allowed to think, this place is not for you. They have a script that can't been deviated from otherwise you can be written up or let go. You will encounter some abusive customers on the phone and you can't react without being written up.

If you need a day off you have to fill out several pages of paperwork and give them to a supervisor and a woman in an Human Resources-like capacity. If you need the 1st of the month off, it won't happen. They expect you to work on the 1st of the month no matter what. I went out of town for training for 5 days with my regular company. I explained to them that my training including the 1st and 2nd of the month. They did not approve the first but told me it would be okay. I left town and on the 1st I get a call from their temporary employee contact telling me I needed to come in! I was 800 miles away! I was fired over the phone.

Also, you have to be promoted to a supervisor position within a year or the temporary assignment terminates. They let go a lot of good people who were "mentors" than helped with the floor training. Some of them it was their first job and it was unprofessional for the company to show them the door. If you want to be treaded like a 5 year old, this is the place for you. Otherwise, unless you have no other alternatives, avoid this place at all costs.

Loosen up! You act like this is the NSA or some FBI office.

Don't Trust Vesta

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Portland, OR

I worked at Vesta Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As far as call centers go at least this one is an inbound site for the most part so you aren't forced to cold call customers to try and sell them something.

Cons

The speed at which people are hired/fired along with management that doesn't care about their employees creates a hostile work environment.

Adopt the golden rule for your employees, I can guarantee you would not appreciate being treated as poorly as you treat your call center staff.

QA

I have been working at Vesta Corporation

Pros

good working environment, good collegues, kind of free working style

Cons

portland is a small city

Go-getters are recognized

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

I have been working at Vesta Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fabulous people willing to collaborate and share their technical knowledge. You are not stuck in a job. You can be proactive and learn more and expand your area of responsibility if you want.

Cons

Lots of turnover in IT. Had a revolving door of Directors/VPs of IT. However, latest VP of IT is deeply technical and a strong leader.

Just stopgap work

I worked at Vesta Corporation

Pros

Can get alot of days off if requessted earl

Cons

Boring job, Sucky production supervisors. bad operating system for computers

High-volume call center, high-demand, stressful, and poor upper management.

Former Employee - Escalations Tier II in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Escalations Tier II in Tigard, OR

I worked at Vesta Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can always get extra hours here, guaranteed to work at least 40 hours on full-time.

Cons

The upper management could be allowing for a more relaxed environment but instead encourage a fear culture to manifest for the OPA's, that no other job is available and one screw up could equal job loss. You are lucky if you can get into the training center or escalations as these are much less stressful with less demands on metrics and more flexibility. They have also gone to firing temps at the 1-year roll over mark to avoid employee benefits.

I really enjoyed working for Vesta; I am sorry I had to quit.

Former Employee - Revenue Assurance Specialist in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Revenue Assurance Specialist in Tigard, OR

I worked at Vesta Corporation (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had advanced very quickly; if you stick to your work and show up on time this will happen for u too.
    Worked in the Revenue Assurance Dept., the supervisors are very supportive. Recieved 2$ raise when transfering to full time from the temp service.

Cons

The customers are verbally abusive and the support staff is very good. They know that people are very mean and they will back u up when u need it. You are also able to hang up on the customer if they become to much as long as u warn them.

Would be nice to have more inner company advancement.

Mind numbing at best

Current Employee - Opa/Ra/Econ in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Opa/Ra/Econ in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Vesta Corporation part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pros: hours are consistent every week, if you ask for days off you will get them, responsible just for yourself, You get a break every two hours! Free tea and coffee, bonuses every so often

Cons

The cons: rude RUDE customers, expect to be cussed out atleast once a day (on a good day), the busiest days are the 1st couple of days of the month where you literally dont have a SECOND in between calls to rest your voice its back to back.... you need to give two weeks notice for 1-3 days off and a MONTH for anything longer than that, say goodbye to having a social life on the weekends, not here! the seats are broken and not comfortable at All. Its not a bad job but you basically turn into a human robot repeating the same thing OVER AND OVER again, youll be very suprised with how people whine about paying taxes on their cellphone bills (did you not take an economics class ever?!)

They have openings for permanent positions every couple of months but its more so about who you know and suck up to than anything else, a very "clique-y" place to work at, a seperate refrigerator for supervisors and mentors. Like really?