Vesta Corporation

Vesta Corporation Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Doug Fieldhouse

Start up mentality within a 17 year old organization

ProsVesta has a great work hard/play hard mentality. Company meetings and events are a great way to connect with senior management. The employee perks are excellent including the recent addition of a fully stocked kitchen!

ConsThe company has seen a lot of change in direction. Staff members who are only comfortable in a "status quo" environment will not thrive in this work atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the lines of communication open and keep pushing the envelope to bring us to the next level.

Don't Trust Vesta

Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsAs far as call centers go at least this one is an inbound site for the most part so you aren't forced to cold call customers to try and sell them something.

ConsThe speed at which people are hired/fired along with management that doesn't care about their employees creates a hostile work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdopt the golden rule for your employees, I can guarantee you would not appreciate being treated as poorly as you treat your call center staff.

Avoid Vesta!

Order Processing Agent (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsAvailable hours are there (because of constant turnover).

ConsIf I can rate as 0 or 1/2 I would. Vesta Corporation has a turnstile of temporary employees. I worked in their Atlanta, GA office for about 3 months as my second job. They micro-manage your breaks and lunches worse than any company I have ever worked for (even worse than the military). If you are literally 10 seconds late on a break or lunch you will hear about it. Don't think of using the restroom when it is not your break or lunch, you will hear about your customer availability ratio being lowered. If you are looking for a job where you are allowed to think, this place is not for you. They have a script that can't been deviated from otherwise you can be written up or let go. You will encounter some abusive customers on the phone and you can't react without being written up.

If you need a day off you have to fill out several pages of paperwork and give them to a supervisor and a woman in an Human Resources-like capacity. If you need the 1st of the month off, it won't happen. They expect you to work on the 1st of the month no matter what. I went out of town for training for 5 days with my regular company. I explained to them that my training including the 1st and 2nd of the month. They did not approve the first but told me it would be okay. I left town and on the 1st I get a call from their temporary employee contact telling me I needed to come in! I was 800 miles away! I was fired over the phone.

Also, you have to be promoted to a supervisor position within a year or the temporary assignment terminates. They let go a lot of good people who were "mentors" than helped with the floor training. Some of them it was their first job and it was unprofessional for the company to show them the door. If you want to be treaded like a 5 year old, this is the place for you. Otherwise, unless you have no other alternatives, avoid this place at all costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up! You act like this is the NSA or some FBI office.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

QA

Prosgood working environment, good collegues, kind of free working style

Consportland is a small city

Go-getters are recognized

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tigard, OR

ProsFabulous people willing to collaborate and share their technical knowledge. You are not stuck in a job. You can be proactive and learn more and expand your area of responsibility if you want.

ConsLots of turnover in IT. Had a revolving door of Directors/VPs of IT. However, latest VP of IT is deeply technical and a strong leader.

Just stopgap work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCan get alot of days off if requessted earl

ConsBoring job, Sucky production supervisors. bad operating system for computers

High-volume call center, high-demand, stressful, and poor upper management.

Escalations Tier II (Former Employee) Tigard, OR

ProsYou can always get extra hours here, guaranteed to work at least 40 hours on full-time.

ConsThe upper management could be allowing for a more relaxed environment but instead encourage a fear culture to manifest for the OPA's, that no other job is available and one screw up could equal job loss. You are lucky if you can get into the training center or escalations as these are much less stressful with less demands on metrics and more flexibility. They have also gone to firing temps at the 1-year roll over mark to avoid employee benefits.

I really enjoyed working for Vesta; I am sorry I had to quit.

Revenue Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) Tigard, OR

ProsI had advanced very quickly; if you stick to your work and show up on time this will happen for u too.
    Worked in the Revenue Assurance Dept., the supervisors are very supportive. Recieved 2$ raise when transfering to full time from the temp service.

ConsThe customers are verbally abusive and the support staff is very good. They know that people are very mean and they will back u up when u need it. You are also able to hang up on the customer if they become to much as long as u warn them.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be nice to have more inner company advancement.

Mind numbing at best

Opa/Ra/Econ (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsThe pros: hours are consistent every week, if you ask for days off you will get them, responsible just for yourself, You get a break every two hours! Free tea and coffee, bonuses every so often

ConsThe cons: rude RUDE customers, expect to be cussed out atleast once a day (on a good day), the busiest days are the 1st couple of days of the month where you literally dont have a SECOND in between calls to rest your voice its back to back.... you need to give two weeks notice for 1-3 days off and a MONTH for anything longer than that, say goodbye to having a social life on the weekends, not here! the seats are broken and not comfortable at All. Its not a bad job but you basically turn into a human robot repeating the same thing OVER AND OVER again, youll be very suprised with how people whine about paying taxes on their cellphone bills (did you not take an economics class ever?!)

Advice to Senior ManagementThey have openings for permanent positions every couple of months but its more so about who you know and suck up to than anything else, a very "clique-y" place to work at, a seperate refrigerator for supervisors and mentors. Like really?

BEWARE!! HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!! MANAGEMENT IS UNPROFESSIONAL, NO BONUSES, NO KUDOUGHS, IMPOSSIBLE GOALS, NOT A TEAM E

Opa/Ra/Econ (Current Employee)

ProsWork inside, although it is so cold it feels like its outside. No thinking required scripted work, Save money on going to clubs, the supervisors walk around with 3 inch skirts and 5 inch heels, see thru tops and wear long shirts as dresses....

ConsUnprofessional, horrible pay, unclean environment. The company is so cheap that they are no longer supplying coffee cups to the OPA's, **note you don't have a place to keep a cup there, they have cut down on the cleaning. No longer clean the restrooms and kitchen with bleach or any type of Disinfectant. They do not clean the carpet, They give you 90 seconds per hour to go to the restroom...Yes 6 minutes for 4hours ...go fast!! The way the chairs look, ( human body fluid stains ) looks like several folks did not make it!! The "real" employees sit in offices with glass windows to look out at the circus or zoo that goes on daily. This almost seems like a joke. I am not sure what the original vision was, however it has gotten blurred along the way. The Supervisors pass out paper, talk on the phone, huddle in groups and laugh and talk about OPA's. I can think of only 1 supervisor that knows what she is doing and she has been here the longest. The rest of them sit around on each others desk flirt and take long lunches I really do not see the purpose of them. They do not even act as team leads!! most of the time they are not on the floor and they put their faves " mentors" in an area seperate from the rest of the OPA's. If you look at the company website they mention team, there is NO team feeling there. I have seen people fired just because either they do not give enough attention to the female supervisors, the female supervisors are jealous of them. The office is filled with young people that have a chance to grow, however it more like a 'Frat" party than anything. I am amazed that they have survived this long without being slapped with lawsuits for discrimination for size, age, ethnic origin, sexual harassment etc. No one in the Atlanta office has been trained in Human Resources, Human Relations, Management, team building, organization, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake Up, get out of the glass box and do something. This is the most uncomfortable place to work. You sit around a let people be treated this way. There is no reason a bi-lingual person should be paid more than anyone else. they take the same amount of calls ...One at a Time. Raise the pay for all the OPA"s. hire permanent other than management. Clean up the place literally and clean house. Interact with the OPA's and find out what is needed to make this a successful place, Fix the computer system, change the bonus plan, Revamp the adherance and call handling time to reflect what is really going on in the office. Correct the mistakes on the scripts, The short script sounds like a 4th grader wrote it. Engage your employees! There are several people on the floor that have come from several different walks, technologies, and positions. Make use of the talent that sits between your walls. We loose the best employees due to failure for Management to treat them like individuals that have intelligence, families and work ethics.

Worked for Vesta Corporation? Contribute to the Community!