Vestcom International

Updated December 29, 2014
Updated December 29, 2014
2.7

John Lawlor

Great place to work! Management team cares.

I worked at Vestcom International full-time

Pros

The management team cares about the employees.

Cons

No cons - it is a great place to work.

DONT BOTHER!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Vestcom International (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay CAN be decent if you have been with the company long enough...

Cons

Company started cutting most incentives for employees. Used to be able to get $25 a year for every year you worked, up to $500. Also for every year not calling out sick you get $200, up to $1,000!!! The years you worked bonus is gone, and the not calling is is now capped at $300. Captains Club award, GONE! We had people at our site not call out for upwards to 15-20 years! Now they are calling out because $300 is complete crap to them. Getting a check for $1,500 during the XMAS season was a blessing.. Not anymore! Say goodbye to that! While all the higher ups and sales guys get bonus', the people who actually DO THE WORK get nothing. I used to care, not so much anymore due to the companies greediness.

Start showing your employees that you appreciate them. Give the incentives back! Get the "Captains Club" award going again. Stop expecting everyone to work overtime ALL the time. People have a life and does not, or should not revolve around the job.

Leadership does not value employees

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Vestcom International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, casual dress, work from home

Cons

Too many middle managers, Sales drives everything, the people that actually do the work are undervalued and underpaid, bonus potentials were cut, insurance is terrible

I believe that Vestcom leadership/stockholders are way more concerned about being a desirable purchase than about the actual culture and well being of the company and it's employees.

Decent place to work

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Vestcom International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance and benefits.

Cons

Work was very monotonous and command chain was very rigid.

Office culture was pretty dry. They could add some group activities.

Used to be like a large family... not any more

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Vestcom International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some great employees at this job, great people! Great benefits and the company does occasionally provide some perks.

Cons

At this time, job security is shaky, employees are considered more of cost and a hindrance rather than a resource and outsourcing is the word of the day.

Please stop projecting such unrealistically high benchmarks to our investors. We're now positioned to either outsource to cheap labor or third parties, or increasingly cut staff to make our numbers look better. This won't be good for either our clients, our employees or our investors.
    Do something about the 'Acxiom' clique. We have way to many under-qualified ex-Acxiom employees that are creating a very hostile culture within the company.

Company seems great, until you get into the thicke of chaos.

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Vestcom International full-time

Pros

Until new management took over in early to mid 2014, the director was great to work for. He appreciated everyone's hard work and was very hands-off.

Cons

Promotions were almost non-existent unless you were in the right group. Raises, again, were non-existent regardless of how well or bad the company performed. During the company's best year ever, we were awarded a tiny 3% raise..just like the previous year.

For the area of the country, the compensation is Ok; HOWEVER, with the level of responsibilty you're given for daily decisions involving potentially tens of thousands of dollars in product, the salary isn't near worth it.

Depending on the client you're tied to, there is NO work-life balance. You're essentially on the clock 24/7 with no backup; being without backup is the worst especially on holidays.

Create internal policies to allow engineers of many customers to always have a backup for work-life balance. Give raises in direct proportion with company performance. Remove managers of any level whom are only out for their own self-interest...My fear for the company is that it's turning more and more into a sweatshop and not brining in enough high profit customers; this will kill it's growth over the long term.

Started off great but?????

I worked at Vestcom International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You can do anything and get away with anything. No accountability. Pays well.

Cons

Allot of dishonesty, No accountability, no appreciation for the work you do.

Start thanking your employees for the time and work they put in, hold people accountable. Add some structure to the work environment. Be honest with your employees so they will respect you more.

Great place to stop working for a temp company.

Current Employee - Press Assistant in New Century, KS
    Current Employee - Press Assistant in New Century, KS

I have been working at Vestcom International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of overtime during the later half of the year. Start as a temp and make up to $15 an hour.

Cons

You have to start at the bottom and have to come from a temp service. Plus nights and 12 hour shifts suck. Another con it takes 2 years

Advise would be to corporate is to actually care for your employees. The local management on 2nd is pretty good and 3rd shift is pretty relaxed.

Vestcom, now seeking the laziest management available,apply NOW!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Century, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Century, KS

I have been working at Vestcom International full-time

Pros

Three and a half day work week.... That's all.

Cons

Where to start? Truly the laziest production supervisors I've ever encountered (with the exception of the ink tech) in my life. Horrible compensation , a company that posts the largest profits in the company history then gives 3% raises? What can be expected from a Chairman and CEO who made his bones lording over survey scam companies. Revolving door of executive staff fired or resign under questionable circumstances. A general sense of un-appreciation. It's gotten so appalling they have the nerve to charge you 4 hours pto on a holiday because your shift is 12 hours but they will only pay 8, well that works for the office staff where an 8 hour day is sheesh, a long one, they laid off 14 low paid employees only to beg hired paid machine operators to work overtime, it almost seems they have no idea what they are doing

Upper management : take stock of exactly what your supervisors actually do in an average day, do they solve problems or do they request assistance to do their own jobs , when facility managers aren't looking are they standing around... Hands in pockets, provoking producers , poisoning the well ? To be a continuing business show some support and respect for your "next generation" of operators. Find the cancer and excise it.

Great place to work, very family oriented, opportunities if you apply yourself

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Vestcom International

Pros

Vestcom has great benefits. The health insurance package is beyond what most employers will provide. The people at Vestcom are extremely friendly, and it's a family oriented company. They recognize hard work and if you apply yourself, there are opportunities for career growth.

Cons

There are few holidays on the schedule and paid time off is slightly less than other companies. Sometimes departments don't communicate well with other departments.