Veteran Solutions Incorporated

John T. Chenery

1. Great mission

Current Contractor - Contract Position in Washington, DC
    Current Contractor - Contract Position in Washington, DC

I have been working at Veteran Solutions Incorporated as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a great mission- helping veterans find jobs. They also have a foundation to help support vets getting out of the military and transition into workforce. They promote within the company when possible- I was promoted within my contracted location.

Cons

You have to want contract work as your job is at the mercy of contract length time agreed upon- sometimes this can be a short employment due to contract length but that's more dependent on the governments needs.

Advice to Management

continue helping the vets! great mission

2. BANKRUPTCY PROBABLE FOR THE FUTURE OF THIS COMPANY.

I have been working at Veteran Solutions Incorporated full-time

Pros

I can't say helping the veterans is a pro when the pay is so close to minimum wage. What adult living on there own, or with family could live off such a pay. How can you say your helping? Are you really helping your veterans, and employees out by underbidding at such a low bid? Your turn over rate must be incredible.

Cons

Let's see where to start? 1. Pay is ridiculous 2. Never seen the owner of the company 3. Not many contracts for this company, which can spell trouble for there future. 4. # Absolutely NO benefits 5. Get your own insurance, and save a ton of money if working for this company. 6. Return phone calls from corporate office never happens. 7. Employee relation, (there is none).

Advice to Management

Hope that in the future that this would be a company to help all veterans. For now STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. Two stars for effort.

3. Nice mission, pay is a joke.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Veteran Solutions Incorporated

Pros

Veteran Solutions Incorporated works to get veterans hired and does good things for the veteran community.

Cons

The pay is ridiculous, like worse than being a file clerk for most jobs even hard jobs.

Advice to Management

Get real about pay in DC area.

5. Lying is what they do best

I have been working at Veteran Solutions Incorporated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have a job that I may or may not receive pay for.

Cons

We could not get paid on time or correctly for months. After many months we have had our sick leave taken away and our fringe (that was previously paid as cash) was no longer offered as an option. The notice that we were provided was 5 business days two months before Christmas. We have been lied to and have yet to receive any explanation and or truth. The CEO never shows his face at meetings and getting them to reply to emails or calls is like pulling teeth. Veteran Solutions is a joke. They laid off two veterans when they took on a new contract. How is that for providing jobs for our vets.

Advice to Management

Get out while you can

RSS Feed </> Embed