Veterans Evaluation Services

Updated Apr 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Travis Fitzpatrick

Great company. Great opportunity to help out fellow Veterans.

Veterans Liaison Officer (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Veterans Evaluation Services full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat work environment for helping Veterans.

ConsNo room for growth within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to grow within the company.

Disorganized, untrained managers, nepotism favoritsm

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Veterans Evaluation Services as a contractor for more than a year

Proslaid back, casual, can be busy sometimes, look for a job elsewhere.

Constoo laid back, too casual, too much foul language, managers not fully qualified to manage and no managerial training, favorites and friends get more job duties than others, little benefits, blame game, too much dishonesty, lack of communication between departments, lack of patience when need help, too many complaints between departments, no chance to move up, too many promises, unexpected firings, some managers have i'm always right attitude problems without listening to employee

Advice to Senior ManagementGet managerial training, be honest and communicate with everyone and not just your friends and favorites, notice those who can and do the job, look under the blanket and see what is really going on. Think through decisions before making them, stop micro management, manage your temper

Dishonest hiring and business practices

Disability Benefits Evaluator (Former Employee)
The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Veterans Evaluation Services as a contractor for less than a year

ProsNone- the profitable work promised is slim in quantity and comes with far too many strings attached. The management is incredibly disorganized and difficult to work with.

ConsWhen I was hired, I was promised profitable work, and plenty of it. The pay is per patient, and looked good until I realized that most of the actual work comes on the back end, without pay. I was plagued by an incessant trickle of demands for rewrites and revisions over the course of weeks following the patient encounters. The management made no mention of this whatsoever when I was hired.
     I was also offered only a fraction of the work promised, which did not even pay back the up-front costs of licensure and liability insurance required for the job. Their dishonesty cost me an incredible amount of precious time.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest about the limitations of what you can offer medical providers, and about the heavy workload of follow-up requests after the patient visits.

Non-educated managers, minimal training, no HR department

Houston, TX

ProsNo dress code. The new president is very hands on and has a Managing By Walking Around Style.

ConsMany managers do not have degrees and were promoted based on tenure so they have little knowledge on how to effectively run their departments. Conflict of interest between 2 of the departments due to relatives being the managers - productivity and processes go by the wayside. Too many people are hired because they have friends working there and not because of their background and experience. No structured training for most roles. No HR department, just 2 individuals so no employee advocates on board in whom employees can approach in adverse situations.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp the structure, incorporate more trainings, and get educated business minded individuals in management.

A dedicated and patriotic company that helps Veterans

Quality Analyst (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Veterans Evaluation Services full-time for more than a year

ProsThis company is simply great. Any negative reviews are by disgruntled ex-employees as I've never found management to be rude or in any way unorganized. If anything, they go out of their way to help and there is no "glass ceiling." Everyone has a shot.

ConsWish the government would give us more contracts

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue what you are doing. You are helping people. Ignore the negative reviews. They are just bitter.

Disorganized, nepotistic, and sometimes rude upper management.

Quality Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Veterans Evaluation Services

ProsA lot of the non-management staff are great people and make work enjoyable. It's a fairly laid back atmosphere, but that does not imply that the work is easy or low demand.

ConsThe upper management is extremely disorganized and can often be rude in relations to employees. There is rarely positive feedback, but negative feedback comes regularly through email, meetings, or face to face with management. The company blatantly practices nepotism, and most employees were constantly worried about losing their jobs as people were regularly fired without any explanation to other employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication with employees. If an employee confronts you with a question or concern, don't respond in a rude manner. Additionally, keeping employees in the dark regarding the well-being of the company seems very sketchy and as if the employees were never by the management.

The company is very disorganized and needs stronger leadership and better hiring practices.

Quality Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Veterans Evaluation Services

ProsRelaxed work environment
Hours can be flexible

ConsUpper management seems unorganized
Company can be very unprofessional
HR needs a more thorough hiring process

Advice to Senior ManagementHIre more qualified applicants
Be honest with your employees

I learned, moved up, and felt like I helped people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Veterans Evaluation Services for more than a year

ProsVES is a friends and family based company. It is it's own community, and it is fun.
Management (in general) does their best to take care of employees.
There is an overall feeling of patriotism and relief for the veterans that are evaluated for benefits.

ConsAlthough lovely people, I don't think anyone in management has a business degree. That being said, decisions are frequently made that put the company in jeopardy. There are frequent lay offs due to poor planning, and frequent bail outs by the owner.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take more into perspective about the quality of work you are getting from the folks around the office who are untouchable. Please also consider quality of work before personal opinions. Work with the contracts you have. Do not staff up or spend resources building out until the money is actually accessible.

Worked for Veterans Evaluation Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Veterans Evaluation Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Veterans Evaluation Services CEO Travis Fitzpatrick. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Veterans Evaluation Services employees.