Veterans United Home Loans

Veterans United Home Loans Reviews in Columbia, MO

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Veterans United Home Loans CEO Nate Long

Nate Long

Pros
  • Benefits - Catered lunch on Mondays, Casual Dress, Strong emphasis on work/life balance(in 12 reviews)

• We have flexible hours and a very casual dress code which allows me to work when it's most convenient, which is ideal as a student(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • com is that they are hiring people so fast it is very hard to keep up with every and there new positions(in 4 reviews)

• It is a fast growing company so people are constantly getting moved and shuffled around(in 5 reviews)

71 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Rewarding but hard work

Loan Officer (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsPay, flexible hours, work environment

Cons50+ hours per week
    Stressful
    Pressure to hit numbers

Freindly environment

Web Developer (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsGreat co-workers, catered lunch Fridays, in house masseuse, many opportunities to advance.

ConsVery few cons actually, the management is easy to work with and the co-workers are great - I hada far better experience here than almost anywhere else I've worked

A Company that Cares for People.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsThis was one of the best internships I've ever had. Veterans United goes above and beyond to serve those who serve, but it is also very good at serving its employees. The company values are always a top priority, and coming to work is fun. There is always something to look forward to, whether it's an upcoming company event or the Foundation giving away a smart home to a deserving veteran, Veterans United is a place you can be proud to say you work. People are nice and enthusiastic, and managers really care about helping their interns be successful.

ConsSometimes the work can be redundant, but there is always room for creativity when it comes to making a process better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is an incredible place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsFree Monday lunches, free snacks, fun Company events, caring co-workers

ConsLower compensation to start, parking can be tricky

Advice to Senior ManagementNever change how you operate, it is great!

Great people and values but not for me

Loan Officer (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsThe people here for the most part are great. Hours are flexible and there is a nice work-life balance if you are meeting your goals. On the job luxuries such as the stocked kitchen and TVs are nice to have around. VU really has their values defined and constantly remind you of them.

ConsI became very bored with my position as a loan originator. It is easy to get into an auto-pilot mode on some days as you roll through one call after the next. Their values, "Enhancing lives, etc." sound great, but my position was to be on the phone in a cubicle and I only worked with clients at the start of their loan process. Thus, I never experienced that feeling of making a difference that seems to be of great importance to the rest of the company.
    Also, I can't forget about the amount of training/studying one has to do. The regulations in the mortgage industry change constantly and it can be tiresome after studying for a seemingly endless amount of tests for different states.
    I would recommend VU to a friend based on your potential to make some great money and meet some awesome people. However, the cubicle-life and staring at a computer screen for hours on end wasn't my calling.

Advice to Senior ManagementA mentor program for interns would have been nice. The job required a huge amount of information and while it was fine bouncing knowledge off other interns when you had questions, having an experienced employee to go to when you needed answers would have been beneficial.

A fine place to work because you help veterans and their loved ones find home loans

Intern (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsThe management is very open to ideas and astute. Their marketing and its team is great.

ConsIt's only a first-world problem: No more "Free Lunch Mondays," which means a free, catered lunch was available every Monday.

Even though there has been a lot of recechanges within the company, it is still the best company I have ever worked for.

Processing (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsLots of perks. Most managers seem to really care about their employees. The company is very family oriented. Employees are expected to work hard and most employees are passionate about their jobs.

ConsSeem to be unorganized at times and I feel like changes aren't always thought through. Company-wide communication is also lacking.

Friendly, casual work environment where you feel encouraged to do your very best work everyday.

Online Advertising Intern (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsI got real online marketing experience in online advertising. I know that my position actually benefits the company, rather than running errands like other internships I've had. We have flexible hours and a very casual dress code which allows me to work when it's most convenient, which is ideal as a student. The pay is very competitive.

ConsProjects tend to get repetitive after a few months, but if you want to switch positions, management is very willing to give you new opportunities.

Challenging and rewarding. It's nice to be surrounded by good people every day.

Senior (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsNew challenges every day, making a difference for veterans, and working with good people.

ConsYeah, I don't think so.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your workforce. They've got the most current and relevant feedback about what's going on and will likely have the best ideas for continually making it better.

Go to work in your most comfortable clothes and spend the day enhancing lives.

Loan Approval Consultant (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsFree Monday lunches as well as beverages and snacks daily, casual attire, great benefits package, unlimited opportunity for personal growth, volunteerism promoted, amazing co-workers, and innovation highly encouraged.

ConsIf you aren't adaptable to change, this is not an environment which will suit you; positions are sometimes defined by the employees, so if you don't work well with minimal supervision...you need not apply!

Worked for Veterans United Home Loans? Contribute to the Community!