Vetted International

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brian Sjostedt

A great company with literally sky being the limit in terms of career advancement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsI have been with the company for 5 years and worked both remotely (OCONUS) and in the HQ. I worked my way up from a Receptionist to the Director of Ops. It did require a lot of long hours and dedication to getting the job done no matter what, but I can't say that my work-life balance has EVER suffered, on the contrary, I pride myself in my accomplishments and scaling new heights with Vetted this early in my career. I come from a value system where you must work hard and EARN your rewards and promotions and titles, it is not handed to you on a silver platter "just because" you have a fancy degree or pretty blue eyes, this mentality tied in perfectly with a lot of the military values this company is built on.

The executive management is very involved in day to day matters, recognizes and deals with every single problem that arises, both Brian and Tyler are exemplary in their passion, pride in what Vetted does "The Big Picture", work ethic and general approach to business management. It is not lip service, this company is truly built on integrity and passion, the core values are not just empty words here.

Is this a fast paced environment-yes!
    Can it be high stress-sure!
    Can your average Joe thrive and excel in this environment-probably not..
    Hence all this negative feedback, in my humble opinion.

Vetted supports and promotes the talented individuals within the organization, there is a lot a flexibility and great rewards that come with working for this company. The incentive system, for example, is quite impressive. There are a lot of employee benefits-educational opportunities, a great health insurance package, yearly bonuses, ability to use the Vetted farm to spend time with family and friends, an on site cafeteria, gym, and the list goes on.

To summarize, the hard work and long hours are 100% worth it, and ,oh, just another small perk: you get to literally save lives (or influence lives all over the world on a daily basis)! I don't know how much more rewarding any job can get.

ConsIt is a high speed, high stress, high demands and standards work so.. if you cant take the heat you should not be in the kitchen.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am very satisfied with the company, as a growing business we have been through our ups and downs of course, but I am definitely pleased with what we all have built and accomplished and am very proud to be a part of this company.

Disconnected sense of growth and leadership

ProsSmall company with wonderful benefits which are both tangible and some intangible. Beautiful location. Good Commute accessible from most major highways. Honorable Mission and Vision.

ConsWhile the company has grown in the 9 + years of existence, it comes on the backs of many who have sacrificed themselves personally for little appreciation or gratitude. Other reviews will say that Vetted is Militant. I would say that Vetted is structured and sometime too much for its own good. It is the people that make any company thrive. It is not the mission! While the mission of Vetted is honorable, without people the company will fail. Running a company as an extension of the military may have worked in the past, it will not work forever, if the company values the people and the investment in the people. By running off good, hard working individuals who have both contributed to the lasting mission and helped to make Vetted a better place, you eventually will sink your ship.

Leadership does not always make the best decisions when it comes to growing the business. Promotions do occur for those who are willing to sacrifice their personal life and fall into the rank and file. Nepotism runs rampant within the organization. The "us" and "them" environment is perpetuated between the Ops Department and the Administrative Departments. Some may say it is also perpetuated between the Executives and those who are non-Executives. The rules for one department do not apply to all departments. This decision to perpetuate favoritism will be a losing battle at some point in the near future as you lose more and more valuable people.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize the consequences of our decisions can be more far reaching than we may realize when the decision is made. Appreciate the amazing people you have working for you and realize when you may be taking advantage of the loyalty of the best!

Look elsewhere for employment

ProsThe only pro Working for this company is gaining experience in a difficult field.

ConsDecisions are made not based on what is best for the company, but what is best for the manager making the decision. Employees are regarded as insignificant and there is zero work/life balance. The amount of unprofessionalism when dealing with employees is astonishing. It is a sespool of egos.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would eliminate the majority of management and seek out managers who have legitimate managerial experience. I would seek managers who are problem solvers, not problem creators.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is the worst company I have ever experienced in any role.

Case Manager (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsThe best reason to work at Vetted would be to gain experience as a medical case manager or field case manager in preparation for accepting a similar role at another company.

ConsThe corporate culture is almost indescribably bad. It is run and owned by former police and military individuals, and run as if it were some sort of paramilitary operation. The respect management has toward its employees is nonexistent. Pay is subpar, personal treatment is arbitrary and rude, and the general culture is one of working extremely hard to put up a front of legitimacy while paying only the slightest lip service to the substance of what the company claims to want to achieve. The priorities of management are completely misguided.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to completely rethink their approach to running a company and managing employees. Focusing on substance instead of appearance, and actually living up to the values that are so stridently expressed at every possible turn would be a good start.

Incredible Sense of Accomplishment

Pros1. Day to day work is meaningful.
    2. Excellent benefits and compensation.
    3. Up to date technology & tools
    4. Management acknowledges that the work is stressful and seems to be receptive to employee feedback.
    5. Opportunity for growth and advancement.

Cons1. Demads of job are high and require constant attention and availability.
    2. Easy to burn out.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare with employees the bigger picture and why we do some things the way we do.

Conniving, immoral, waste of my life

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey help people all over the world

ConsThey do not help their employees. The turnover rate is enormous. It is like working for Big Brother.

Worked for Vetted International? Contribute to the Community!