Vetted International

Updated November 8, 2014
Updated November 8, 2014
2.6

Brian Sjostedt

You will be hard-pressed to find a more rewarding job.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Vetted International

Pros

The opportunity to work for a company like Vetted International is rare. To find a company with a mission that even comes close to this one is something that only comes along once in a lifetime; twice if you're lucky.

As former Marines, the management of Vetted has a deep understanding of the concept "the few, the proud". It is embedded into all that they do. One must earn the right to call themselves a member of Vetted International. The work is tough and not for the faint of heart. The people that make it and thrive here are people who possess honor and know what it means to work for something greater than themselves. Anything less will be weeded out. Thus, if you are a clock pusher or have two Master's degrees and are looking to take over, this may not be the place for you. While Vetted does value and even have minimum requirements for education, they are more interested in your experience and willingness to push yourself for the benefit of the greater good than what a piece of paper says you can do.

There will be times when your role in the mission does not lend to much of a life outside of work, but you're able to see something like a double amputee WALK again, I don't think you'll feel you missed anything as important at the game. No matter how difficult the missions may get, you will be hard-pressed to find a more rewarding job. Hell, my job was literally to save lives many days. How many people can say that? How many jobs allow you to have such a huge role in bettering so many lives?

The senior management will never ask you to do anything that they haven't done. No matter how tough any mission was or how tough my projects get now, I have never experienced any stronger warrior ethos with my management.

Vetted International is not a job, it is a lifestyle. I consider it a great honor to have had the privilege to have been an integral part of the Vetted International team.

Cons

Office politics can sometimes cloud the mission. There may be times during critical missions where your memories of sleep are more abundant than sleep itself.

Do not forget that city in Iraq where it all started and that mission to help all such people of the world. Never let anything come before the mission.

A Company I am proud to work for

I have been working at Vetted International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Vetted Internationals mission is to help people, globally. No mission is greater than helping others in need and Vetted International thrives at what they do.
    - The pay and benefits program is above par
    - Our proven success reflects the passion of the employees from the CEO to the lowest level
    - The HQ campus is immaculate and provides amenities that is not normally found with a company this size (Company gym, weigh room, cafeteria, Company farm, NHL tickets, Theater tickets, Durham Bulls tickets)
    - The most up to date equipment/technology a company could have makes Vetted International a great place to work
    - Proven track record for growth within the company

Cons

Being a 24/7/365 company can be a stressful at times so finding the right fit for each position can be a challenge.

Just some former military dudes pretending to run a company..

Former Employee - Business Development and Marketing in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Business Development and Marketing in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Vetted International full-time

Pros

Nice office. Decent compensation package.

Cons

Everything else...

Distrusting and dishonest leadership. Ego driven environment. No vision or business acumen. No work life balance. Rigid corporate culture. Leadership discredits and gossips about other employees. Leadership is dysfunctional, delusional and paranoid. If you are an educated professional with business experience, you will not grow at this company.

Good Luck?

A great company with literally sky being the limit in terms of career advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Vetted International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for 5 years and worked both remotely (OCONUS) and in the HQ. I worked my way up from a Receptionist to the Director of Ops. It did require a lot of long hours and dedication to getting the job done no matter what, but I can't say that my work-life balance has EVER suffered, on the contrary, I pride myself in my accomplishments and scaling new heights with Vetted this early in my career. I come from a value system where you must work hard and EARN your rewards and promotions and titles, it is not handed to you on a silver platter "just because" you have a fancy degree or pretty blue eyes, this mentality tied in perfectly with a lot of the military values this company is built on.

The executive management is very involved in day to day matters, recognizes and deals with every single problem that arises, both Brian and Tyler are exemplary in their passion, pride in what Vetted does "The Big Picture", work ethic and general approach to business management. It is not lip service, this company is truly built on integrity and passion, the core values are not just empty words here.

Is this a fast paced environment-yes!
    Can it be high stress-sure!
    Can your average Joe thrive and excel in this environment-probably not..
    Hence all this negative feedback, in my humble opinion.

Vetted supports and promotes the talented individuals within the organization, there is a lot a flexibility and great rewards that come with working for this company. The incentive system, for example, is quite impressive. There are a lot of employee benefits-educational opportunities, a great health insurance package, yearly bonuses, ability to use the Vetted farm to spend time with family and friends, an on site cafeteria, gym, and the list goes on.

To summarize, the hard work and long hours are 100% worth it, and ,oh, just another small perk: you get to literally save lives (or influence lives all over the world on a daily basis)! I don't know how much more rewarding any job can get.

Cons

It is a high speed, high stress, high demands and standards work so.. if you cant take the heat you should not be in the kitchen.

I am very satisfied with the company, as a growing business we have been through our ups and downs of course, but I am definitely pleased with what we all have built and accomplished and am very proud to be a part of this company.

Disconnected sense of growth and leadership

I have been working at Vetted International full-time

Pros

Small company with wonderful benefits which are both tangible and some intangible. Beautiful location. Good Commute accessible from most major highways. Honorable Mission and Vision.

Cons

While the company has grown in the 9 + years of existence, it comes on the backs of many who have sacrificed themselves personally for little appreciation or gratitude. Other reviews will say that Vetted is Militant. I would say that Vetted is structured and sometime too much for its own good. It is the people that make any company thrive. It is not the mission! While the mission of Vetted is honorable, without people the company will fail. Running a company as an extension of the military may have worked in the past, it will not work forever, if the company values the people and the investment in the people. By running off good, hard working individuals who have both contributed to the lasting mission and helped to make Vetted a better place, you eventually will sink your ship.

Leadership does not always make the best decisions when it comes to growing the business. Promotions do occur for those who are willing to sacrifice their personal life and fall into the rank and file. Nepotism runs rampant within the organization. The "us" and "them" environment is perpetuated between the Ops Department and the Administrative Departments. Some may say it is also perpetuated between the Executives and those who are non-Executives. The rules for one department do not apply to all departments. This decision to perpetuate favoritism will be a losing battle at some point in the near future as you lose more and more valuable people.

Realize the consequences of our decisions can be more far reaching than we may realize when the decision is made. Appreciate the amazing people you have working for you and realize when you may be taking advantage of the loyalty of the best!

Look elsewhere for employment

I have been working at Vetted International

Pros

The only pro Working for this company is gaining experience in a difficult field.

Cons

Decisions are made not based on what is best for the company, but what is best for the manager making the decision. Employees are regarded as insignificant and there is zero work/life balance. The amount of unprofessionalism when dealing with employees is astonishing. It is a sespool of egos.

I would eliminate the majority of management and seek out managers who have legitimate managerial experience. I would seek managers who are problem solvers, not problem creators.

This is the worst company I have ever experienced in any role.

Former Employee - Case Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Vetted International

Pros

The best reason to work at Vetted would be to gain experience as a medical case manager or field case manager in preparation for accepting a similar role at another company.

Cons

The corporate culture is almost indescribably bad. It is run and owned by former police and military individuals, and run as if it were some sort of paramilitary operation. The respect management has toward its employees is nonexistent. Pay is subpar, personal treatment is arbitrary and rude, and the general culture is one of working extremely hard to put up a front of legitimacy while paying only the slightest lip service to the substance of what the company claims to want to achieve. The priorities of management are completely misguided.

My advice to management would be to completely rethink their approach to running a company and managing employees. Focusing on substance instead of appearance, and actually living up to the values that are so stridently expressed at every possible turn would be a good start.

Incredible Sense of Accomplishment

I have been working at Vetted International full-time

Pros

1. Day to day work is meaningful.
    2. Excellent benefits and compensation.
    3. Up to date technology & tools
    4. Management acknowledges that the work is stressful and seems to be receptive to employee feedback.
    5. Opportunity for growth and advancement.

Cons

1. Demads of job are high and require constant attention and availability.
    2. Easy to burn out.

Share with employees the bigger picture and why we do some things the way we do.

Conniving, immoral, waste of my life

I worked at Vetted International

Pros

They help people all over the world

Cons

They do not help their employees. The turnover rate is enormous. It is like working for Big Brother.