Vetted International Reviews

2.7
Brian Sjostedt

Let the Haters Hate

I have been working at Vetted International full-time

Pros

Being part of an organization that really does help people Feeling good about my contribution Having my own office in a beautiful building Working for a company and leaders that have vision. Great benefits

Cons

The past drama caused by unhappy coworkers Occasionally having to work after hours and on weekends

Advice to Management

Hold the course and actively recruit persons with a stronger work ethic.

The Truth is in the Statistics

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Vetted International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) Stable employment during unstable economic times 2) Solid company sponsored health benefits and retirement program 3) Top notch facilities with access to a private cabin property on on-site gym for all employees 4) Company sponsored annual trips & events for employees and their families 5) Excellent compensation packages 6) The mission is rewarding.

Cons

1) High level of accountability separates those who appreciate excellence and those who are consistently disciplined for being late, dressing inappropriately, and not completing assignments. 2) Consistent peer pressure by disgruntled employees to push back against management.

Advice to Management

The statistics say that the number 1 reason people leave employment is because of their relationship with their boss. That is pretty evident in Glassdoor reviews for both this company and all of the others. It is obvious that most of the claims against the company are directed at management and not the employee's employment at the company. This falls in line with the global statistic. Employees cite such a terrible experience and worked for the Company for years. Why didn't they leave then? Because they acknowledge it was a job, not a resort. And only when they were asked to leave, they make such comments online. Only advice to management is to to keep leading. You haven't stayed in business for 10 years during a recession because you failed to serve your customers well.

Entitlement Pandemic

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Vetted International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Vetted is managed by professional, dedicated and compassionate leaders who have WORKED HARD, demonstrated dedication and discipline to be where they are. I don't understand how entry-level or admin support personnel can give advice to senior management.. Usually there is a reason some OWN the business and others WORK FOR the business. Just saying... Nowadays everyone feels they should be rewarded and praised just because they rolled out of bed and showed up for work. If you share that entitlement mentality you will not last at Vetted. The "do as I say not as I do" concept falls right in this entitlement category. It is hard to fathom why anyone would think that it is "unfair" that senior management is not sitting next to you at a cubicle entering data. Newsflash: this is just not how the world works!

Cons

There are employees who poison the well and drag others into the perception that it's somehow THEIR (i.e. the management's) fault that someone failed to complete an evacuation/engage a new client/win a bid. There is an interesting notion"external locus of control", google it ;)

Advice to Management

Do not be discouraged by the negative reviews on Glassdoor. You would not have made it this far if these reviews were truly reflective of Vetted.

Beware of positive reviews, they are written by Leadership

I have been working at Vetted International full-time

Pros

Cheetos in the snack room!!

Cons

It's kind of far out..

Advice to Management

Stop lying about yourselves. It's not very becoming.

Assistant Case Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Vetted International (More than a year)

Pros

You will get some international experience, however,nit does not carry over in many other companies and job functions.

Cons

There are far too many cons about this company. I wasted two years of my life there and do not wish to waste much more. Basically, the company is full of egotistical, "do as I say not as I do" personalities. Employees cannot do anything correct, even if they took a direct order and followed it to a "T". It is true they tell you in yiur interview that this company is not for everyone. I am of the opinion, it is for no one. If. It for Vetted, most of the management would most likely be working as mid level secretaries or salesmen. These are not professionals in any way shape or form. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for employment. Oh, and the positive reviews on here....well they are from management to try and counter balance the negative reviews. I am not a disgruntled employee, in fact, I now have much rewarding, and better paying position than while I was at Vetted. The only reason I gave a one star is because zero stars were not an option.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your attitudes. When Vetted goes out of business, you will not make it at a REAL JOB. I have longed been surprised that there have not been any incidents at your establishment. Given the way you treat your employees with such low regard, it is surprising terminations and resignations have ended well.

Hostile work environment lacking common professional decency

Former Employee - Director in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Director in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Vetted International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees will find moderate international exposure specific to the medical emergency management industry.

Cons

Vetted facilities a hostile work environment centered on gross mismanagement and bully-tactics. It is unfortunate a company with such potential has been ruined by a repulsive management system of threats and intimidation. Having traveled with Vetted senior executives on numerous occasions, it is a shame they do not respect or value their “subordinates,” many of whom are highly educated and extremely competent. The senior management will tell you that this place is not for everyone and it takes a strong personality to survive in this line of work. You will then see the compensation package, which is not worth the verbal abuse and lack of quality-of-life you will exchange for it; however, you may tell yourself you are strong and take the job anyway. What potential employees do not realize until they pull back the curtain is they are investing their time, integrity, and overall well-being for an unethical organization that sets unrealistic billing expectations, fraudulently charges their clients, and ultimately causes hundreds of millions of misappropriated dollars from the federal government (U.S. tax payers). There is no common professional courtesy at Vetted International. At my peak performance with this company, I was managing a branch in the Raleigh HQ office and overseeing dozens of contractors overseas. I remember mentoring a younger individual in Raleigh who was active military and starting his career at Vetted. He was an incredibly hard worker and very sharp, but endlessly mistreated by executives who gave him no dignity or simple kindness. A real shame.

Advice to Management

I humbly recommend the owners of this company sell the business and cash out in effort to allow a management team with refined business experience to fully develop the business practice. Creating an office environment that improves employee retention rates should probably be a top priority.

Thing are not always what they seem

Former Employee - Assistant Case Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Case Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Vetted International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Preface: Prior to handing my two week notice in, I had planned to write a review stating that Vetted is simply a company that is not for everyone. However, the manner in which my departure unfolded quickly reminded me of the contorted divergence between the work Vetted does and the horrendous lack of leadership at the helm. In typical Vetted fashion, leadership went back on their word and last minute changes were made with little to no regard for the well-beindg of the company or the morale of its few surviving and exploited employees. Now, where to begin? I think a good place to start and provide some insight into the ineffective and emotionally driven leadership (caution: I use the term ‘leader’ in the most loose sense possible, think of it more as a label or position rather than an attribute that can be applied to the Vetted leadership core) would be a recent case when I was working a MEDEVAC. This particular individual needed to be repatriated to a hospital in his home country from SW Asia. We were using a vendor who was unable to obtain the required diplomatic documentation due to the looming unrest in a nation that would be flown over; this resulted in an unexpected delay of the permits being issued. Naturally, the authorities of this country were prioritizing their own internal affairs over the needs of a single and stable individual at a hospital. I updated my supervisor on the situation. An effective ‘leader’ would view this as an inconvenience but surely understand dynamics of the situation and find themselves unable to justify holding me accountable as it was completely out of mine or anyone else’s control. We simply had to bid our time and wait for the permits; however, this was unacceptable to my ‘supervisor.’ She found it appalling that I was unable to secure the needed permits and chose to chastise and castigate my performance and handling of the mission thus far. To provide some context to this, I had worked to organize this MEDEVAC for 48 hours straight, I slept a total of four hours in two days and was coming to work and preforming my other duties during normal business hours. I am far from lazy nor do I expect gratitude for doing my job as expected. I only ask that my supervisors use some discretion and common sense when leading their employees. Needless to say, I too was less than thrilled about the prospect of again spending the next 24 hours awake and working the mission, moreover, the client with the patient was understanding and satisfied with my explanation for the delay. That following night the permits came though and the mission was completed. I GOT THE JOB DONE; the client was happy, the patient was happy, everyone was happy except my ‘leadership’ when they saw how many hours I worked that week. At the beginning of the following week I was asked to come up to the office of the department ‘leader.’ Once I arrived I was promptly interrogated and my integrity called into question for having the ‘gall’ to turn in a weekly time sheet for 73 hours. I was told I should have worked more efficiently, obtained the over flight permits sooner, and that I should ‘be lucky’ and ‘grateful’ he was going to ‘allow’ me to be paid all of this overtime –as if labor laws do not apply to Vetted. Later that week I was moved from hourly to salary. When I questioned this move, (I had no say in it, and based on the average number of hours I worked over the past eight months I was projected to take a financial hit) I was informed that I should ‘reevaluate my worth to the company, that my performance was shaky’ but Vetted wanted to ’keep me on board’ since I was a ‘good employee.’ There are numerous stories with similar outcomes that many, if not all, current employees can tell. Unrealistic expectations that can never be met is the norm, moreover, there is little guidance provided; you are told to ‘figure it out’ and then take the blame when the expected results are not delivered. ‘Leadership’ fatuously conveys a sense of superiority over what they perceive as dilettantish employees- and they blindly destroy moral in the process. This is of their own doing and they are ignorant to what their actions, words and nonsensical and often belittling policies convey to the employees. I am not writing this review to slander the company. I am writing it to provide insight from an employee who wanted to succeed in this company but was unable to do so because of poor leadership. I liked the work I did. I enjoyed helping others (though contrary to some reviews on here, you will never see someone learn to walk again; you will only get a report from the Dr. stating the patient had recovered and could return to work) and facilitating the payment of benefits to those entitled, but the depressing and hostile work environment was not worth it. The compensation , bonuses and company benefits are nice but being glued to your phone 24/7 for the fear of not responding to an incoming email from a ‘leadership’ member within an hour, or the punishment that comes if not, is not worth it. The campus is nice, you get your own office but the lack of respect from leadership is not worth it. Being told not to go upstairs without an invite, dedicated lunch times regardless of what’s going on that day, the incessant obsession with the ‘chain of command’ and responding to ALL emails 24/7/365, constant reminder of looming punishment if “X” isn't completed in a given time, leadership’s paranoia of employees becoming platonically friendly with each other, emotionally driven decision making processes, hypocritical leadership with a ‘do as I say, not as I do’ philosophy, being held accountable for projects assigned today but were due yesterday, yelling and belittling, ambiguous and inconsistent standards and rescinding of previously made agreements are only a few of the reasons I handed in my resignation. I gave my two week notice on 15 December with the intent of working those two weeks in order to tie up some loose ends and ease the transition. I was informed that this was no problem and 29 December would be my last day as I had requested. I worked on 16 December without issue and I preformed my work as expected. But on 17 December at 0715, I was informed that the ‘department leader’ wanted me gone, the original agreement allowing me to work my two weeks meant nothing, there was no respect, there was no appreciation, just an ‘ok, you can go now.’ I had high hopes when I started this job; in two of the three interviews I was told numerous opportunities existed for travel, promotions and growth. In truth, in the 11.5 months I worked at Vetted I never traveled, and there were zero opportunities for growth or promotions. They like to tell a story to new employees or interviewees about the former secretary who became a director, this is true, but that is the one if not the only case in the company’s recent history where someone worked their way up, it’s an anomaly. Most other employees quickly realize the idiosyncratic and unconventional way Vetted is run. Prior to and during my employment I read the reviews here on Glassdoor.com and dismissed them as disgruntled employees who could not ‘withstand the heat in the kitchen.’ But now I understand. There is a fundamental problem in how the company is run and ‘leadership’ treats their employees. When the 'leadership' reads this review they will dismiss it as a rant and complaint from a ‘bitter’ former employee and nothing will change. They claim to have reasons for the status quo, and that's fine. Vetted will simply continue to operate with the core few that will never leave, continue its cycle of high turnover, and never make the leap from just a mediocre business with workers to a good company with dedicated employees who see value in their work and buy into what is currently only a facade of a vision Vetted purports to have.

Cons

See the above, I have included many that drove me to turn in my resignation. Vetted had the potential to be a great place but the company is run incorrectly at the most basic, fundamental level. Quit worrying about what time we take lunch, how fast internal emails are responded to, obsessing over the chain of command or dishing out routine write ups and punishments for minor mistakes, and start worrying about fostering an environment where employees want to stay, commit and grow with the company.

Advice to Management

See the above. Prove me wrong on changing.

You will be hard-pressed to find a more rewarding job.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

The opportunity to work for a company like Vetted International is rare. To find a company with a mission that even comes close to this one is something that only comes along once in a lifetime; twice if you're lucky. As former Marines, the management of Vetted has a deep understanding of the concept "the few, the proud". It is embedded into all that they do. One must earn the right to call themselves a member of Vetted International. The work is tough and not for the faint of heart. The people that make it and thrive here are people who possess honor and know what it means to work for something greater than themselves. Anything less will be weeded out. Thus, if you are a clock pusher or have two Master's degrees and are looking to take over, this may not be the place for you. While Vetted does value and even have minimum requirements for education, they are more interested in your experience and willingness to push yourself for the benefit of the greater good than what a piece of paper says you can do. There will be times when your role in the mission does not lend to much of a life outside of work, but you're able to see something like a double amputee WALK again, I don't think you'll feel you missed anything as important at the game. No matter how difficult the missions may get, you will be hard-pressed to find a more rewarding job. Hell, my job was literally to save lives many days. How many people can say that? How many jobs allow you to have such a huge role in bettering so many lives? The senior management will never ask you to do anything that they haven't done. No matter how tough any mission was or how tough my projects get now, I have never experienced any stronger warrior ethos with my management. Vetted International is not a job, it is a lifestyle. I consider it a great honor to have had the privilege to have been an integral part of the Vetted International team.

Cons

Office politics can sometimes cloud the mission. There may be times during critical missions where your memories of sleep are more abundant than sleep itself.

Advice to Management

Do not forget that city in Iraq where it all started and that mission to help all such people of the world. Never let anything come before the mission.

A Company I am proud to work for

I have been working at Vetted International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vetted Internationals mission is to help people, globally. No mission is greater than helping others in need and Vetted International thrives at what they do. - The pay and benefits program is above par - Our proven success reflects the passion of the employees from the CEO to the lowest level - The HQ campus is immaculate and provides amenities that is not normally found with a company this size (Company gym, weigh room, cafeteria, Company farm, NHL tickets, Theater tickets, Durham Bulls tickets) - The most up to date equipment/technology a company could have makes Vetted International a great place to work - Proven track record for growth within the company

Cons

Being a 24/7/365 company can be a stressful at times so finding the right fit for each position can be a challenge.

Disconnected sense of growth and leadership

I have been working at Vetted International full-time

Pros

Small company with wonderful benefits which are both tangible and some intangible. Beautiful location. Good Commute accessible from most major highways. Honorable Mission and Vision.

Cons

While the company has grown in the 9 + years of existence, it comes on the backs of many who have sacrificed themselves personally for little appreciation or gratitude. Other reviews will say that Vetted is Militant. I would say that Vetted is structured and sometime too much for its own good. It is the people that make any company thrive. It is not the mission! While the mission of Vetted is honorable, without people the company will fail. Running a company as an extension of the military may have worked in the past, it will not work forever, if the company values the people and the investment in the people. By running off good, hard working individuals who have both contributed to the lasting mission and helped to make Vetted a better place, you eventually will sink your ship. Leadership does not always make the best decisions when it comes to growing the business. Promotions do occur for those who are willing to sacrifice their personal life and fall into the rank and file. Nepotism runs rampant within the organization. The "us" and "them" environment is perpetuated between the Ops Department and the Administrative Departments. Some may say it is also perpetuated between the Executives and those who are non-Executives. The rules for one department do not apply to all departments. This decision to perpetuate favoritism will be a losing battle at some point in the near future as you lose more and more valuable people.

Advice to Management

Realize the consequences of our decisions can be more far reaching than we may realize when the decision is made. Appreciate the amazing people you have working for you and realize when you may be taking advantage of the loyalty of the best!

RSS Feed </> Embed