Via Christi Health System Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Jeff Korsmo

Pros
  • In general, a lot of GOOD people, outside of management, work there (in 2 reviews)

• SUPPOSED to be a non-profit organization, but must be only for the workers, NOT MANAGEMENT (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Mid level management is rife with favoritism and nepotism, a meritocracy Via Christi is not (in 3 reviews)

• Few and far between raises, hard to move up (in 2 reviews)

1. RN

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, KS

I have been working at Via Christi Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay. I would say one of the highest in SEK. Worked there for 2 years and have received cost of living raises each year.

Cons

Sometimes the work environment can be very negative. Wishy-washy on implementation of new ideas or EBP.

Advice to Management

Stick to your guns on issues you deem important.

2. AVOID at ALL cost

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Nothing. Nurses dont care even the Senior HR doesnt care. at the Manhattan, KS center

Cons

Worse place to work. CNA & CMA go to school yet people who only "pass trays" get paid the same amount.

Advice to Management

You need to appreciate your workers. Overworked & underappreciated. Worst place to work at..Manhattan, KS.

3. Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Pros

Good salary range for exempt staff.

Cons

Highly political and elitist structure.

5. Gi Tech

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Pros

Loved the job, loved my coworkers and most Doctors

Cons

Administration only cares about it's self. Do not appreciate their employees.

Advice to Management

take care of your employees and patients before your own job/ pocket book

6. Financial Counselor

Current Employee - Financial Counselor in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Financial Counselor in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Via Christi Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coventry Health Insurance, at one point I was paying $190/month for a family of 4 so that was very reasonable. 401K program is with Fidelity.

Cons

Hard to move up in this department. Difficult to move outside of this department as well, you have to have your current manager write a letter of reference for you if you apply internally. If you are an hourly employee you aren't guaranteed a raise every year even if you have a great review. Raises for this position are around 2%.

Advice to Management

Promote staff better if they are looking at opportunities to advance themselves with Via Christi. Advocating for staff is important.

7. Any position

Pros

You get a paycheck - that's about it.

Cons

Their website says you get paid holiday but then you're told different. They can't hire management, wages are HORRIBLE, raises are HORRIBLE, and all the company cares about is cutting costs and making money. The do not care about their employees. Cheap, over-sized company.

Advice to Management

Fire yourself.

8. Clinician

Current Employee - Physician in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Physician in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Via Christi Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I work with are dedicated and hardworking. The physical buildings are in good condition.

Cons

The pay is low compared to other comparable companies. The manage structure is representative of the Catholic sponsoring entity. The management is rigid, dogmatic, highly political in behavior, does not take any responsibility for its mistakes, treats employees as expendable cogs in a big machine.

Advice to Management

Stop talking and start listening. Stop ruling and start serving. Stop blaming and accept responsibility. The EMR implementation has been a disaster, stop putting lipstick on the pig.

9. CA

Current Employee - Court Assistant in Pittsburg, KS
    Current Employee - Court Assistant in Pittsburg, KS

I have been working at Via Christi Health System part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good People, great company. Always uplifting if you were having a bad day, despite the poor pay.

Cons

Low Pay, High expectations. Constantly worried about your time and wanted to guarantee that you were putting in your all when they didn't return the favor.

Advice to Management

Give your employees something to work for- raise wages, give benefits, for god's sake improve management. Everyone thinks the place is a joke.

10. I provide patient care to a 42 bed unit, as well as clerical work at the desk as the unit clerk.

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Via Christi Health System (More than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work for via Christi is the health benefits .

Cons

The con is they will work you everyday if you let them.

Advice to Management

my advice to.management would be more management of staffing assignment. It really sucks when there is 42 patients and only two aids on the floor.

11. I enjoyed working there until I was fired for an unfair reason!

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Wichita, KS

I worked at Via Christi Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The shift differential pay was generous; health and dental insurance had good benefits. The 401K program was adequate.

Cons

Managers at the clinic where I worked showed outright favortism to some employees. Some coworkers were lazy and rude, yet nothing was ever done about them. I had 3 coworkers who were bullying and harrassing me, yet, when I talked to the supervisor, nothing was ever done. I was fired due to a misunderstanding of an order I thought I heard; the provider denied giving the order. My immediate supervisors spoke to me about it at the time, but I never got the chance to talk to anyone in Human Resources prior to my termination. I was not given a chance to give my side of the story. I had never been fired from a job in my life, and I had worked at the clinic for 19 years, and had a good performance record.

Advice to Management

Give employees the opportunity to give their side of the story if you think they have committed an offense which could result in termination. Take into consideration past job performances, length of employment, and attendance. Don't just take a supervisor's word for it; the employee is the one whose life is going to be changed forever by termination!!

RSS Feed </> Embed