ViaQuest Reviews

Basic Review

Former Employee - Clinical Director in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Clinical Director in Columbus, OH

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No Pros to working with this organization

Cons

This organization is very disorganized

Terrible company to work for!

Former Employee - Program Director in Twinsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Program Director in Twinsburg, OH

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being in the trenches with my co-workers!

Cons

Horrible company culture, no chance for advancement unless you are in the good ol' boys club, unfair caseload management, no work-family life balance, terrible compensation and no raises...ever, upper management cares more about appearances and less about quality staff, upper management too worried about next drunken social outing, disconnected upper management.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to spend more time practicing what you preach about company culture and spend less time showing inappropriate videos at team-building seminars and promoting drunkenness and cronyism. Also worry more about quality staff who care about the individuals they serve and illustrate time and again they are good at their job and less time worrying about how your company may be perceived or who gets awards at the overpriced yearly conference. Shame on ViaQuest for shooting off at the mouth about company culture and then letting quality staff go because they disagree with inept policy and procedure!

Awful

Pros

You get free beer. Some of my co-workers were awesome people.

Cons

Honestly, it comes across as a fun place to work when you start, but you really don't want to fall for that. Compensation in general is terrible, there's no real organization or help from supervisors, and unless you are in a clique you will not move up. They do not give raises. They will play with your future and truly don't care if it ruins you. I saw it happen to a close friend - moved him to another city, had him working 70 hours a week, then fired him because he wasn't "getting the job done." He was. Just don't work here. And the biggest con of all - THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CONSUMERS. The people they help are really just numbers, and that's it.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your lower management - they could help you. Actually care about your consumers.

Can't walk the Talk

Pros

Take the good with the bad and realize even the good is bad. Sadly there are some good people trying to do good work in a culture that is unworkable.

Cons

Talk a great game, but you will soon realize, this company truly has no vision or direction. Leadership is click-ish and at best young and inexperienced; at it's worst dishonest, self serving and manipulative. Professionalism is deplorable and the term "Culture" is at most about excessive drinking and talk the next day of who slept with who, did you see how drunk the CEO was...

Advice to Management

The organization is run on rumor mill. Investigation or discussion of relevant matters do not occur. People who truly are there for the right reasons cannot survive. The organization has no sense of team. Extreme turnover has created an environment of CYA. Stop and take a look in the mirror, do you like what you see?

Unethical behaviors and illegal billing

Former Employee - Management in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Management in Columbus, OH

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As at all companies there are good people who really care.

Cons

I was witness to illegal billing practices in home health and hospice. Licensed professionals have a lot to lose in this unethical environment. The top executives have no moral compass.

Advice to Management

Read the Conditions of Participation and follow them.

Culture Crusaders- Gone Astray!

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the Consumers Pay is competitive

Cons

If you are someone who values professionalism and integrity, I recommend highly not applying to this company. I will keep my comments brief and factual. - I was asked inappropriate questions in the interview process. The questions ranged from: “where did you grow up” to “ Do you have a problem with drinking alcohol?” These questions are not allowed in interviews according to ANY HR policy. - Executive staff meetings during the hours of 9-5 will often result in alcohol being served during work hours. In my short time with the company, I saw Staff carrying beer bottles around during work hours. - Incredibly personal and CONFIDENTIAL information was shared with me in regards to employees that I supervised from individuals in Human Resources; this information had nothing to do with work performance. - My interactions with the company are the most unprofessional experiences I’ve ever encountered in my 10 year career. - I was initially attracted to the fact that many of the managers were young talent, thinking this was a bonus of the company- this in fact is dangerous!! Young and inexperienced staff members don’t always have the maturity in their roles and believe me it shows!! - The company thrives off the rumor mill and its destructive and unhealthy. In order to “thrive” at ViaQuest, be prepared staff to “ pump you” you for information. - The company is more concerned about relationships, than experience and education. If you are in the close circle of the CEO and Vice President of Human Resources, you are fine.. ViaQuest isnt' concerned with experience or education. - In my time with the company, I saw five different individuals fired for various reasons, some not involving their work performance AT ALL. Staff turnover is extraordinarily high at ViaQuest- if you choose to work here, research this before accepting a job. All of the reviews on this company are in line with my experience. IF you are a professional who values your reputation, I recommend turning down any position offered to you at ViaQuest; no high salary job is worth working 24/7 and living in constant fear of being fired. ViaQuest is an unhealthy place to work.

Advice to Management

Some serious soul searching is in order based off this review and many others on the Glass Door site. I believe the heart behind "Culture Crusaders" is genuine, but somewhere along the way, major distortion has occurred.

CNA

Former Employee - CNA in Somerset, PA
    Former Employee - CNA in Somerset, PA

I worked at ViaQuest full-time

Pros

Good pay if you traveled from home to home or facility to facility because you would get travel time between patients and mileage. Every month they gave admission bonuses. They had a lot of parties if you like to drink you would fit right in.

Cons

Many mandatory meetings to go to and company did not pay mileage for all travel time back home. Company promoted drinking and spent a lot of money on parties and did not give any raises.. Company does not want to pay overtime if you have a lot of patients to see everyday it did not feel like hospice work more like you were one of the facility's employees. ,they want you to rush them to get done. Patients weren't given the time they deserved in some cases Not given breaks and had to work all day without eating or going to the bathroom at one facility Not given vacation days when requested. Supervisor showed favoritism to employees that worked together before coming to ViaQuest. Not enough teamwork and to much drama. Either too much work or not enough. Company did not have your back and did not stick up for good employees. Employees cheated on their time and got paid for time not worked and got away with it and didn't get fired and that should have been immediate dismissal..Too many people on hospice services that should not have been on hospice. They liked to put on a good show for the public. Dirty company to work for and you have to constantly watch everything you say and do because if your not liked by some your fired. If you have vacation use it because if they fire you they will try to keep your vacation pay. I'm fighting for my vacation pay now of over 60 hrs.

Advice to Management

Stick up for your good hard working ,dedicated, reliable and trustworthy employees. Get people in management that know how to manage. Quit taking advantage of people. Practice what you preach at the meetings. Treat employees equally and don't show favoritism. The rules should apply to all. some employees got away with lying and cheating got caught and didn't get fired . If you get accused of something you should know who your accuser is and have the opportunity to defend yourself.

Not Recommended

I worked at ViaQuest full-time

Pros

If you want to ruin your professional reputation and you don't have high morals, this is the company for you.

Cons

Everyone is young and immature. The executives are aggressive and controlling. It felt like you couldn't go to the bathroom without permission. There is so much unneeded drama due to severe mood swings. There is no trust and too much micromanagement. The HR department is a revolving door of very young inexperience people. Salaries are low and they rip you off on the mileage reimbursement, it is way below IRS guidelines, but I would not be surprised if they claim the full IRS amount. This is the worst career experience I have ever had.

Advice to Management

Trust more, stop micromanaging, grow up, and stop firing employees all the time. We can't keep up with all of it.

Stressful Work Environment

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time

Pros

The dress code is casual and you get to help people.

Cons

I work at the corporate office and can say that the work load is very very tough all around with most positions and within most business units. Unfortunately, the clients suffer because the employees are too stressed out and tired to give them good care.

Advice to Management

Work on the work/life balance. It would be helpful if you had sufficient amounts of staff to ease the burden and work load so that we can really focus on quality care.

Before applying for this company read the negative reviews.... Everything that is said is true

Pros

Good at the start.... False promises and hope. Maybe good for upper management.

Cons

Don't trust the smiles. The company only care about top management. If your not part of the team watch your back. You will either quit or get terminated even if your a good worker.

Advice to Management

Please have consideration for the people who work hard for this company who is not management. We have families to care for and need this job for support. We shouldn't have to worry about watching our backs or being terminated for no reason.

RSS Feed </> Embed