ViaQuest Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
CEO

Culture Crusaders- Gone Astray!

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the Consumers
    Pay is competitive

Cons

If you are someone who values professionalism and integrity, I recommend highly not applying to this company. I will keep my comments brief and factual.

- I was asked inappropriate questions in the interview process. The questions ranged from: “where did you grow up” to “ Do you have a problem with drinking alcohol?” These questions are not allowed in interviews according to ANY HR policy.

- Executive staff meetings during the hours of 9-5 will often result in alcohol being served during work hours. In my short time with the company, I saw Staff carrying beer bottles around during work hours.

- Incredibly personal and CONFIDENTIAL information was shared with me in regards to employees that I supervised from individuals in Human Resources; this information had nothing to do with work performance.

- My interactions with the company are the most unprofessional experiences I’ve ever encountered in my 10 year career.

- I was initially attracted to the fact that many of the managers were young talent, thinking this was a bonus of the company- this in fact is dangerous!! Young and inexperienced staff members don’t always have the maturity in their roles and believe me it shows!!

- The company thrives off the rumor mill and its destructive and unhealthy. In order to “thrive” at ViaQuest, be prepared staff to “ pump you” you for information.

- The company is more concerned about relationships, than experience and education. If you are in the close circle of the CEO and Vice President of Human Resources, you are fine.. ViaQuest isnt' concerned with experience or education.

- In my time with the company, I saw five different individuals fired for various reasons, some not involving their work performance AT ALL. Staff turnover is extraordinarily high at ViaQuest- if you choose to work here, research this before accepting a job.

All of the reviews on this company are in line with my experience. IF you are a professional who values your reputation, I recommend turning down any position offered to you at ViaQuest; no high salary job is worth working 24/7 and living in constant fear of being fired. ViaQuest is an unhealthy place to work.

Advice to Management

Some serious soul searching is in order based off this review and many others on the Glass Door site. I believe the heart behind "Culture Crusaders" is genuine, but somewhere along the way, major distortion has occurred.

Supervisor

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time

Pros

There are a lot of dedicated employees who work tirelessly and selflessly to make sure clients' needs are being met. Even with the issues listed below, there are many people being served who receive excellent care due to the people working in the trenches.

The healthcare field is challenging, but can be very rewarding.

Cons

In years past, ViaQuest was a great, up and coming company with an excellent culture. Sadly, in recent years this has changed significantly. There is a small group of people who have gained favor with the CEO, and if you're not one of them, you have a whole different work experience than they do. Leadership staff at all levels can no longer make even the smallest business decisions. All decisions are made at the very top and it slows day-to-day operations ridiculously and needlessly. ViaQuest in many ways, at the behest of the CEO, is driven only by an immature and aggressive HR Department. Their focus is emotion-based and personal versus being an objective, professional focus. This has lead to a high level of dysfunction. Most employees working at the operational level spend way too much time dealing with constant finger pointing and covering the work of all the people who have left. They are forced into a constant survival mode.

The CEO and the people he works with the closest are frantic to grow the company to make up for other poor business decisions. Growth is being demanded in a haphazard way and leads to poor quality services. We are responding to referrals that we are in no way prepared to handle due to direct pressure from our CEO. Simply put, they have lost sight of what it means to support those in need.

If you are interested in services or employment, ask about our management employee retention rate. It is a constant revolving door. They ask employees to be honest and share concerns, but that is the quickest way to be let go if it offends the CEO or his "people". Again, decisions are often based on personal opinions and conjecturing, not facts. Employees have very little trust in the CEO/executive people and are constantly afraid to lose their jobs. Due to all of the above-mentioned issues, people are resigning or being terminated at an alarming rate. Again, this leads to poor services with no consistency. Although many employees do their very best, it is difficult to do a good job when you are constantly covering for those who are no longer there. Most importantly, the above-mentioned concerns ultimately affect our clients negatively.

It is telling that ViaQuest managed to get 3 employee reviews removed from Glassdoor, all of which were very truthful. Negative in their minds, but I know from personal experience that they were true.

Advice to Management

ViaQuest executive leadership needs to take a long look in the mirror and start taking accountability for their piece of the problem. The overwhelming dysfunction started with and is perpetuated by them. They have some great employees who deserve to be trusted and treated with respect. Growth is very important, but they need to remember how their decisions on growth affect the people they serve. Take yourself back to a time when you actually cared and focused on the right things. If you take accountability, we could get there again and be the company we were meant to be. Unfortunately, they don't have a good track record of self-reflection.

Unethical behaviors and illegal billing

Former Employee - Management in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Management in Columbus, OH

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As at all companies there are good people who really care.

Cons

I was witness to illegal billing practices in home health and hospice. Licensed professionals have a lot to lose in this unethical environment. The top executives have no moral compass.

Advice to Management

Read the Conditions of Participation and follow them.

Great Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management was always looking for ways to improve
    I felt comfortable approaching my boss and higher executives with ideas on how to improve
    Truly care about the individuals we are servicing and providing the best care possible
    Lots of opportunities for promotion within the company
    Good pay for the industry

Cons

Demands and expectations were high...but it is what we sign up for when working in the Home Health and Hospice industry
    Some co-workers get caught up in too much drama at times...drama that doesn't even need to be there in the first place, we are PROFESSIONALS!

Advice to Management

Squash the drama as soon as it starts to rise before it gets ridiculous!

6. Direct care

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at ViaQuest (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management was always helpful. They always wanted to make sure that consumers and direct care employees had what they needed and were taken care of.

There were lots of opportunities for promotion if I decided to stay in healthcare. I just decided to do something different.

Cons

Can't think of anything negative.

Can't walk the Talk

I worked at ViaQuest

Pros

Take the good with the bad and realize even the good is bad. Sadly there are some good people trying to do good work in a culture that is unworkable.

Cons

Talk a great game, but you will soon realize, this company truly has no vision or direction. Leadership is click-ish and at best young and inexperienced; at it's worst dishonest, self serving and manipulative. Professionalism is deplorable and the term "Culture" is at most about excessive drinking and talk the next day of who slept with who, did you see how drunk the CEO was...

Advice to Management

The organization is run on rumor mill. Investigation or discussion of relevant matters do not occur. People who truly are there for the right reasons cannot survive. The organization has no sense of team. Extreme turnover has created an environment of CYA. Stop and take a look in the mirror, do you like what you see?

Awful

I worked at ViaQuest

Pros

You get free beer. Some of my co-workers were awesome people.

Cons

Honestly, it comes across as a fun place to work when you start, but you really don't want to fall for that. Compensation in general is terrible, there's no real organization or help from supervisors, and unless you are in a clique you will not move up. They do not give raises. They will play with your future and truly don't care if it ruins you. I saw it happen to a close friend - moved him to another city, had him working 70 hours a week, then fired him because he wasn't "getting the job done." He was. Just don't work here.

And the biggest con of all - THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CONSUMERS. The people they help are really just numbers, and that's it.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your lower management - they could help you. Actually care about your consumers.

9. Great experience!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Dublin, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has an incredible culture and encourages its employees to make a difference in the lives of its clients every day. The passion shown from employees at all levels is unmatched, and the spirit of teamwork is present everywhere you go. Employees truly care about the success of their colleagues. The level of compassion, pride in what we do, and vision for the future displayed constantly by management and inspires employees to want to succeed. ViaQuest makes it a point to take time to recognize employees for all that they do and rewards them for the many hours of hard work they put in. It's really difficult not to buy into the values put in place by our leader and our plan for becoming better in the future. This company is one of a kind, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Cons

Unfortunately, in this field, it is a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. It is important to be adaptable and to be able to take difficult situations in stride. You never know what you could see in a given day.

10. Loved working here!

Former Employee - Liaison
    Former Employee - Liaison

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong office culture and company values, caring and knowledgeable management, fun outings and training seminars, caring and hardworking colleagues who are just as passionate about the Home Health and Hospice industry as I am, military friendly employer, extremely patriotic company that goes above and beyond call of duty.

Cons

My job required a little more travel than I cared for, however, I was made aware of this before I accepted my position. I wish I still worked here - we had to relocate due to my husband's job but I miss working for this one-of-a-kind company... haven't found anywhere else that compares!

Advice to Management

LOVED the annual conference. It was a perfect balance of fun and training. I was very impressed by the hard work, money, time, and effort that management put into the conference all for the sake of its employees. Most companies don't take the time to recognize and reward their employees for their hard work throughout the year-- VIAQUEST DOES!

Terrible company to work for!

Former Employee - Program Director in Twinsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Program Director in Twinsburg, OH

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being in the trenches with my co-workers!

Cons

Horrible company culture, no chance for advancement unless you are in the good ol' boys club, unfair caseload management, no work-family life balance, terrible compensation and no raises...ever, upper management cares more about appearances and less about quality staff, upper management too worried about next drunken social outing, disconnected upper management.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to spend more time practicing what you preach about company culture and spend less time showing inappropriate videos at team-building seminars and promoting drunkenness and cronyism. Also worry more about quality staff who care about the individuals they serve and illustrate time and again they are good at their job and less time worrying about how your company may be perceived or who gets awards at the overpriced yearly conference. Shame on ViaQuest for shooting off at the mouth about company culture and then letting quality staff go because they disagree with inept policy and procedure!

RSS Feed </> Embed