ViaSat

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Overall Good Company

Intern (Former Employee)
Duluth, GA

I worked at ViaSat as an intern for less than a year

Prosfun environment, everyone was helpful and encouraged you to learn new things

ConsDuluth isn't the most exciting location

Challenging work, poor compensation.

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at ViaSat

ProsViaSat is a decent place to work. It has a very relaxed atmosphere, open door policy, and great benefits. It has a "Do The Right Thing" motto, and therefore puts a lot of trust in the employees. This allows for flexible work schedules, and some working from home which is a great benefit.

ConsViaSat is understaffed, and always will be. This puts a lot of pressure on the employees, being overworked, and underpaid for the hours that they put in. There is no overtime pay for salary employees, and with most salary employees working 50-60 hours/week it can way heavily on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring up your compensation levels. Your employees are valuable to you, so show them that you value them. Re-vamp your internal management, and allow for overtime pay, or put less pressure on your employees. Get to the right staff level so that there will be more work-sharing, and less responsibility on the individuals.

Dankburg, please review and get rid of your rottem management team.

Program Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at ViaSat

ProsDankburg is truly a visionary. They have a great work / life balance, great benefits, & the employees are a superb team to work with.

ConsDankburg's one true problem: he is terrible at picking management. They are the most incompetent people I've seen in my 35 year career. Self serving, no clue as to what's going on or how it may negatively impact the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get rid of this junk management.

We're protrayed as being spectactular, the best of all in our field.... if they only knew the truth

Can't Say. . . . . This Could Be An Identifier. . . But I'm A Senior Level Emp (Current Employee)

I have been working at ViaSat

ProsThe salaries are good, the benifits are very good, it's only15 mins from home, and I like what I do.
It's the type of place that new hires come in feeling very lucky to have been hired. However, within 3-6 months they're wondering how long they must stay without looking like a leapster.

ConsVery little communication, constant worryies of lay offs, totally incompentent management, no opportunities, no growth. I'm speaking in terms of the Ga office. I hear the same from employees in Az & Maryland. Corp is in Carlsbad and we're given the impression that they're all very happy there, no complaints. However, there seems to be a lot of turnover. There are also a lot of people there who say they wish the economy was better & they could leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest!! Care about what your doing & not about what you can personally gain & run with. This is the general perspective the Ga office has of our managment team. Most honestly feel that they're complete idiots & haven't a clue of what they're doing or what your doing or how things should be done. Talk with your employees... not just your other Sr Mgmt partners.

Worked for ViaSat? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ViaSat reviews and ratings in Duluth, GA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ViaSat CEO Mark D. Dankberg. All reviews posted anonymously by ViaSat employees.