Viad Reviews

3.5
Viad President, CEO, and Director Paul B. Dykstra
Paul B. Dykstra

1. Finance

Pros

Very positive atmosphere and little politicking. People treat others with respect and there is a great team aspect. The Company walks the talk relative to being honest 100% of the time and is focused on doing things the right way. It's a great place to work!

Cons

I don't have much to say about downsides. I have worked at many companies over my career and this is at the top. There used to be a resistance to change, but with more people coming in with other outside experience and ideas, there is more openness and willingness to change.

Great working with the company at Glacier

Former Employee - Jammer in East Glacier Park Village, MT
    Former Employee - Jammer in East Glacier Park Village, MT

I worked at Viad full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful area. Great work environment. Safe and friendly work environment. Everyone who worked in my area was very nice and respected.

Cons

Scheduling was a strange but I enjoyed the extra work. Worked long hours but pay made it worth it. Room and board was provided for a very cheap deduction from wages. That environment could have been maintained better.

3. Too diversified

Pros

Nice building and nice offices

Cons

Too diversified in it's businesses. Not sure management knows which companies it runs to keep going and invest in. Make it a priority to do you due dilligence

Advice to Management

Do some internal review and and decide which businesses you want to be in to bring better value to the shareholders.

A company that has no regard for its staff, its guests, or the environment.

I worked at Viad full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its hard to write anything here.

Cons

The Viad company was running a lodge (denali backcountry lodge) in alaska under the name alaska park properties. When we were interviewed we were told we would be paid salary. When we (six of us all told the same thing) got the backwoods lodge in alaska at great personal cost, we were informed that we would in fact be being paid minimum wage by the hour and that if we did not like it we could leave. Furthermore, at the end of the season a large portion of the money that we were tipped on credit cards was unfairly withheld from us. Do yourself a favor and find a better company to work for.

Advice to Management

Please do not lie to your staff.

RSS Feed </> Embed