Viaero Wireless

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Frank DiRico

Viaero offers good service, good earning potential in our rural communities!

ProsI've worked at Viaero for 3 years, and I am pleased with their level of commitment to improving our network speed and filling our coverage gaps. Our owner, Frank DiRico, really cares about his employees and is so inspiring. Viaero is also really good about promoting from within, and they offer sales associates and managers in these small towns the chance to earn a healthy income without having to have a degree.

ConsThe commission structure changes are hard on morale. They don't offer sick leave.

Has gone from bad to worse

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) Fort Morgan, CO

ProsI have personally had a fantastic experience with the work environment. Store manager treats you with respect and always makes you feel valued at the company. Viaero actually has a pretty relaxed schedule which makes requesting days off very easy.

The service that we sell and the phones to go with it are solid. I have never felt like I was selling a service that was anything less than what we advertise.

Local based customer service center is great to work with!

I rarely see customers coming in complaining about their bill. The price they are quoted is the price they pay. No hidden fees or unexpected overages.

ConsThis is where you have to decide if the bad outweighs the good. The people that run this company seem to not understand the basics about running a business. They make poor decisions that are running the company into the ground. They modify your commissions to make sure you never get paid.

When you are hired, you are promised commission checks of $2,000 and up every month. Once you start working, it becomes clear that you will make next to nothing. There have been months where every sales person is doing so well that they have to raise the quotas to avoid having to pay out on commission.

If you are thinking working for Viaero to make money, look elsewhere. It is impossible to make decent commission checks here.

Advice to Senior Management3 easy steps that will make Viaero the greatest company in Colorado.

1. Fix the commission.

2. Stop selling Alcatel Phones.

3. Stop sinking money into doomed projects like vGroove.

The place people go to work who can't work anywhere else.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Morgan, CO

ProsOwner willing to invest in network and toys to support the network. A company that offers benefits. Some nice hardworking co-workers at the mid level.

ConsExtreme management dysfunction. Ego-driven boys club executives with no real-world experience. Management team has either failed at other jobs, been banned by SEC or is so politically inappropriate that they can't work anywhere else. Don't count on getting your bonus - it is a pipe dream. They constantly change the targets mid-term to make sure they don't have to pay. Benefits are offered but are extremely expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your vendors in a timely manner. Clean up your management style of bullying, intimidation and harrassment if you don't want more lawsuits. On the other hand, the settlements are supporting a lot of new women owned businesses in these towns.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Extremely low end, entry level, con artist colony.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsZero pros, unless you're a shady used car salesman with no other options to feed yourself. Corrosive, abusive, depressingly bad.

ConsPromises/commissions never materialize. Constantly unhappy customers. Zero company ethics. Huge emp turnover. Every former emp could write a long essay about the problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't trust any positive review, they are planted. Mgmt should tell the uber rich owner to let some of his wealth trickle into the company.

My Opinion

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Morgan, CO

ProsThere are many great people working at Viaero. It is a large employer in the geographies in which it operates. It is still small enough that you get to know most of the people in the company.

ConsUpper management takes advantage of the fact that Viaero operates in rural markets by under-paying for many positions.

Not a bad place to work just not enough towers

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsPeople are good to work for

Consincome was not that great

Avoid like the plague

Territory Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some stellar people that work there....

ConsCompany culture is very negative. Senior Leadership doesn't take ownership for failed policies. 100% Employee churn year over year. Expect 70 hour weeks, with the compensation of a Store Manager at the competition. Nepotism is apparent....

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave the corporate offices once in a while, and you might get an understanding on how to compete in the industry.

Worked for Viaero Wireless? Contribute to the Community!