Viagogo Reviews

Reset
2.6
CEO
1 Rating

company needs to grow up

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Viagogo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers. There are some brilliant people scattered throughout the company.

Cons

Severe lack of leadership. Management is either inexperienced or unempowered. Lack of communication between offices. No clear company policies. Feeling undervalued. Lack of employment growth and high turnover.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending to be a start-up. Upper management needs to execute a clear strategy, or hand over the reins to someone who can. Change can be difficult, but no change is detrimental. For a company that's been around this long, there really should be clear policies in place. Your employees are your most valuable asset, and should be treated as such.

Poor structure, lots of opportunity to grow faster

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)

I have been working at Viagogo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

co-workers are very friendly new office fast career advancement

Cons

just 1 month of training poor structure

Advice to Management

invest more resource on keep workers instead of look for new one

Growing company making good changes

Current Employee - Development in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Development in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Viagogo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with and learn from, work itself can be very challenging at times and therefore its rewarding - great personal bonus which is very achievable.

Cons

nothing that stands out to me if you work hard you are rewarded for it simple as that

5. Great young company

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Viagogo

Pros

flexible, young team, very productive and challenging environment. room to develop oneself and take on responsibilities. Customer and employment satisfaction is highly valued.

Cons

nothing really, I was quite happy there

I gave it my all but it's a tough place to love

Former Employee - .NET Solutions Architect in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - .NET Solutions Architect in London, England (UK)

I worked at Viagogo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I spent many years working here and got to know some great co-workers Strong technology platform with attempted decent investment in resources A legal department that will enforce any contract and protect the company against ANY negative PR It's a cool idea dealing with tickets for football, rugby, and concerts but you dont actually get any and there is no formal discount on anything

Cons

Where to begin. Compensation is terrible. They are constantly looking to source younger and cheaper talent to avoid paying market wages to the experienced staff that built most of the product There is no transparency and management went out of its way to hide what they are doing, how the company is doing, and even what the plan is beyond this quarter. No one is secure and everyone is disposable and that is constantly reinforced by management. shady.....We relocated our headquarters to Geneva where we have fewer than 5 employees to avoid government oversight. The Channel 4 piece doesnt show how far we'll go to fool the government, our partners, the press, and even our customers. We just sold thousands of tickets that we didn't have to help our numbers. Everyone will get a refund eventually, but it still just isnt right

Advice to Management

It actually could be a decent place if they'd stop being sneaky and stupid. Pay people better, invest in culture, be more honest on how the company is doing and how the employees can make a difference. The management team has all been around for far too long without the success that warrants their longevity. The CEO controls everything and he will never relinquish control but he needs stronger advisers than what he has.

7. Big changes. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Problem Solving Speciaslist
    Current Employee - Problem Solving Speciaslist

I have been working at Viagogo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, enthusiastic & passionate workmates. Brand new modern, fun & comfortable work environment. Good pay & benefits for the role. Company is clearly investing in the future so a definite sense of 'We are here for the long haul' - job security. Company have changed their business model and now very customer service focused. Big drive from high level management to make improvements. Laid back & fun daily work atmosphere.

Cons

The company has lots of old negative coverage in the media. Young evolving company so policy's constantly changing, though for the better, makes daily work challenging. Communication gaps between teams.

Advice to Management

Keep driving the changes and making improvements. Empower staff at all levels to contribute. Aqnowledge & reward those who do.

One of the shittiest company i have ever work for

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)

I have been working at Viagogo

Pros

Friendly but fake management. If you can deal with fake people, that would be a pro, besides that. Nothing.

Cons

- 1 Year probation - Horrible pay (€22,000pa) and after tax, you will get less than a cleaner will get. If you are German speaker, u get more €24,000. Not so fair is it but workload for German speaker is impossible. Within 3 months, have at least 5 speakers left - The company do not allow you to check your personal emails or phone and want you to put in locker. If you do, they will humiliate you in front of everyone. - No work life balance - They entice you with bonus, but it is scaled and no one ever got nearly half of it. And after tax, don't even bother looking at bonus -Highly stress work and fast paced. Prepare to lose a lot of hair. - High employee turnover -Ridiculous quality check. Be prepare to be demotivate everytime u go for quality review. Unqualified quality staff that feel like they have to find a fault to show that they are doing their job. Hence, you will come out of the check feeling like there is really nothing you can improve. - The free health insurance is not free. You will have to pay monthly. - You will feel like a fraud everytime you talk to a customer as it requires you giving them false hope and blatantly lying. You will have to be highly immoral yourself to do this job. -Unhelpful managers and team leader. The company treats you like how they treat their customers. They just want you to go ask someone else, so going to them will be no help.

Advice to Management

What's the point. They wouldn't listen anyway.

Decent culture but...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Viagogo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young, vibrant atmosphere which is understandable given the sector (concerts, events, etc). Colleagues are generally nice, approachable and easy to get along with. As a start up business it has a more youthful environment which is nice when compared to older, more rigid corporate. Middle management when I was there was very competent and I had full faith in their decision making and leadership. Occasional opportunities to get tickets to concerts.

Cons

Dodgy practices: The company came under some intense scrutiny in a Channel 4 documentary that highlighted some of these: Buying up tickets in house with credit cards, agreements with promoters for premium allocations, etc. Also, depending on which side of the argument you sit (Supply/Demand vs price fairness for events goers), don't work at viagogo unless you're a star spangled capitalist who doesn't have a problem with traders speculating on a time sensitive commodity (tickets) to the long term detriment of consumers. When I was there there were no full time employees, except very senior people. This is because viagogo is a start up and it gives senior management the power to streamline the business when they need to. Unfortunately, this means you effectively have no job security and when you're annual contract is up, you could very easily be ushered out no entitlement to severance. Management whilst being very competent, could be quite cold. There was a mentality that mangers shouldn't mingle with the minions, which is rather dated approach to man management. Work/life balance is ok. The pay is poor and well below market rate and there are no real perks.

Advice to Management

Get to know your staff and pay people what they are worth or they walk.

Busy environment that gives you the opportunity to develop yourself, but lack of opportunities to grow.

Current Employee - Problem Solving Speciaslit in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Problem Solving Speciaslit in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Viagogo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No need experience to start, open you doors for future career prospects, multicultural environment.

Cons

Lack of opportunities to grow, not a transparent company.

Fun, but not very well paid

Current Employee - VOIP Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - VOIP Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Viagogo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work time, free time

Cons

Compensation package is not good

RSS Feed </> Embed