Viamedia

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Mark Lieberman

Great company!

ProsThe company is in a growth phase, which can be challenging - but the future looks very bright.

ConsWe have been through several changes this year, which is hard, but I think they will be for the good of the company in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the open communication going. Get out to the local markets more often.

Not even trying

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proscable television advertising should be fun to sell

Consit was no fun at ViaMedia because the company that they represent in the
    Chicago area has a miniscule number of subscribers

Bad business model; what does furlough days, "reallocating staff resources" say about your employer?

Account Executive (Current Employee)

Prosfreedom to come and go in market

ConsNo training; no support staff; cold call sales all day followed by paperwork all night. Webinars, sales chats, conference calls each week plus tons of paperwork. Upper management have huge egos and like to hear themselves talk--out of touch with local reps in local markets.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop talking and listen to your staff in the field and in daily operations; they make your company grow.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the worst experiences ever

Account Executive (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

Prosit is a 20 word minimum so I am still typing

Cons-Low salary
    -No mileage reimbursement
    -Micro Management
    -1/2 of cell phone allowance
    -Low comp plan
    -Expected to grow book of business without support
    -Reports, Spreadsheets, and projections
    -High churn
    -Bad management
    -Limited income opportunity

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in people and treat them well. Make goals relevant to the market. Treat all members of your team the same. Formal training

Prepare to starve in your first 6 months

Account Executive (Current Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsI have to type twenty words to submit the review so I am typing this

Cons-Bad Management
    -Long sales cycle
    -Unrealistic goals
    -To many admin duties
    -No mileage reimbursement
    -50% cell phone
    -No formal training
    -Accounts will be taken away from you if you make mistakes

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to give some advice but, it falls on def ears. They already know everything. Locally the company lost 1/2 of the households to a competitor but goals were not adjusted. As a result, you will never feel a sense of accomplishment. The reps with the biggest books of business are in Tampa and have been there a while or have 1/2 large accounts that they acquired through attrition. Start with a very low book of business and expected to grow your book

Company is a scam!

National Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAbsolutely NO pro's only con's!

ConsThe company culture is a joke...NO one cares about anyone. Everyone is out for themselves. The turnover is absolutely the worst. Upper management only cares about themselves and what they can get. The "working people" get no rewards, no incentives, nothing. This company has no idea what it's doing. One executive doesn't know what the other executive is doing, nor does one office know what the other one is doing. Absolutely UNPROFESSIONAL!

Advice to Senior ManagementFire ALL the executives and management and START OVER!

My experience with Viamedia was overall good.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood money, training, benefits, good company values, ethical, moral, team atmosphere, mos of the people are great to work with, flexible, family values come first, aggressive.

Consvery stressful, unstable work environment, the company has been going through some growing pains and technology is making it harder for the company to compete with larger telco ad sales teams.

I worked for them for 11 years, built the company from ground up and was thrown away like a piece of trash!

Ad Sales (Former Employee) Lexington-Fayette, KY

ProsViaMedia is a growing company and has offices in many states across the country. This is a plus if you are looking to transfer.

ConsThe management team has no idea what they are doing and are full of themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake pride in your employees!

Account Executive-Terrible Pay Terrible Training

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsVery Little Training with little opportunity for growth

ConsUpper management not interested in listening to the "little guys"

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people who are walking the streets for you guys.

Viamedia was a good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people made working at Viamedia a good place to work. Every staff member seemed to care and willing to help each other when it was needed.

ConsSome upper management did not seem to care about people in the field and some local managers were willing to step on others to get ahead.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get back to being helpful to people in the field

Worked for Viamedia? Contribute to the Community!