Viamedia Reviews

Mark Lieberman
1 Rating

Great company

I worked at Viamedia full-time

Pros

Wonderful company, management, co-workers extensive training program. Wonderful incentives.

Cons

None. Really no cons. Great company

Great job.

Great company!

I have been working at Viamedia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is in a growth phase, which can be challenging - but the future looks very bright.

Cons

We have been through several changes this year, which is hard, but I think they will be for the good of the company in the future.

Keep the open communication going. Get out to the local markets more often.

Not even trying

I worked at Viamedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

cable television advertising should be fun to sell

Cons

it was no fun at ViaMedia because the company that they represent in the
    Chicago area has a miniscule number of subscribers

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the worst experiences ever

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Viamedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

it is a 20 word minimum so I am still typing

Cons

-Low salary
    -No mileage reimbursement
    -Micro Management
    -1/2 of cell phone allowance
    -Low comp plan
    -Expected to grow book of business without support
    -Reports, Spreadsheets, and projections
    -High churn
    -Bad management
    -Limited income opportunity

You will be given a book of business. However, that book is very low or 20% or your budget. You will be expected to grow this book by over 300% to make goal. I wrote a fair amount of new business. But, all of the big accounts or viable prospects are assigned to senior reps or managers. Yes... You heard me. The managers carry a handful of accounts. You will be expected to hit these numbers despite having no market. You will also be expected to be in Tampa at least 2x per month (without fuel reimbursement) and attend multiple webinars and conference calls. There is no training and you will be expected to know what to do without any direction. If you make a mistake, they will pull the account and the revenue away from you. This affects your income and ability to make goal. They will "re-assign" the account to their favorites who ironically have the biggest books in the market. Most of these reps have been there the longest and developed their revenue, accounts, and income thru attrition of other reps who were fired or quit.

You have to develop your own lead lists and scrub them in the system to make sure they are not assigned or active. After doing this time and time again, I quickly realized there was nothing left to call on. Be prepared to try to develop new business from table scraps. In addition, because the core product is local TV advertising, you are now dealing with video production. This makes the sales cycle even longer if you are calling on those prospects that don't already have a commercial. The company does not have in-house production, so if you do sign someone without ad copy, expect to wait at least a month before it airs and you receive commission a month after that. I also had three of my new accounts cancel after a few months because of results.

Expect to give projections, forecasts, and spreadsheets 3x a week. The requirement is to have 135% of your budget in your projections. If you do not, regardless of how long you have been there, you will hear about from your manager. To make it even harder, they lost 1/2 of the households in this market. Therefore, if you have a prospect that would like to advertise in both Sarasota and Bradenton, you will not be able to do it. They have a minuscule number of subscribers in this market. Representing only 30% of the total households in Manatee County and 0% of the households in Sarasota. Of course, you can go to other areas to prospect... on your own dime and if it is not "assigned" or "active". They have been thru at least 5 reps that I know of in the last 4 years. This is a revolving door position. I feel that they bring in new reps for this position, have them call on previous clients, friends and family, and then terminate them then giving their efforts to their favorites. It almost feels like an organized pyramid scheme with slapstick management.

Bad business model; what does furlough days, "reallocating staff resources" say about your employer?

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Viamedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

freedom to come and go in market

Cons

No training; no support staff; cold call sales all day followed by paperwork all night. Webinars, sales chats, conference calls each week plus tons of paperwork. Upper management have huge egos and like to hear themselves talk--out of touch with local reps in local markets.

Stop talking and listen to your staff in the field and in daily operations; they make your company grow.

Prepare to starve in your first 6 months

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Viamedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have to type twenty words to submit the review so I am typing this

Cons

-Bad Management
    -Long sales cycle
    -Unrealistic goals
    -To many admin duties
    -No mileage reimbursement
    -50% cell phone
    -No formal training
    -Accounts will be taken away from you if you make mistakes

I would like to give some advice but, it falls on def ears. They already know everything. Locally the company lost 1/2 of the households to a competitor but goals were not adjusted. As a result, you will never feel a sense of accomplishment. The reps with the biggest books of business are in Tampa and have been there a while or have 1/2 large accounts that they acquired through attrition. Start with a very low book of business and expected to grow your book

My experience with Viamedia was overall good.

I worked at Viamedia

Pros

Good money, training, benefits, good company values, ethical, moral, team atmosphere, mos of the people are great to work with, flexible, family values come first, aggressive.

Cons

very stressful, unstable work environment, the company has been going through some growing pains and technology is making it harder for the company to compete with larger telco ad sales teams.

I worked for them for 11 years, built the company from ground up and was thrown away like a piece of trash!

Former Employee - Ad Sales  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Ad Sales in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Viamedia full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

ViaMedia is a growing company and has offices in many states across the country. This is a plus if you are looking to transfer.

Cons

The management team has no idea what they are doing and are full of themselves.

Take pride in your employees!

Account Executive-Terrible Pay Terrible Training

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Viamedia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very Little Training with little opportunity for growth

Cons

Upper management not interested in listening to the "little guys"

Listen to the people who are walking the streets for you guys.

Viamedia was a good place to work.

I worked at Viamedia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people made working at Viamedia a good place to work. Every staff member seemed to care and willing to help each other when it was needed.

Cons

Some upper management did not seem to care about people in the field and some local managers were willing to step on others to get ahead.

Please get back to being helpful to people in the field

Worked for Viamedia? Contribute to the Community!