Viant

www.viant.com

Viant Reviews

2.2

Thomas J Bartlett

Research and Resolution manager in charge of handling disparities between providers and company.

Former Employee - Research and Resolution in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Research and Resolution in Naperville, IL

I worked at Viant

Pros

Good corporate atmosphere, laid back and supportive colleagues. Flexibility with work schedules and time off requests. Able to work from home / telecommute.

Cons

Compensation and benefits package wasn't the best in comparison to similar jobs in the health care payment industry. Lack of internal organization in the company at times.

Management does a great job facilitating an environment that encourages a family, people first culture. More direction and drive to improve the company needs to be established by the management.

Great place if you like making sure that you get a company ready for sale and working yourself out of a job.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I worked at Viant

Pros

Good coworkers

Tom Bartlett is a model business leader. I wish that I could have learned more from him.

Cons

Company was only interested in selling off to the highest bidder no matter what the cost or whose life was affected.

Laid off great employees so they could outsource the work while telling the employees how it was great for them, and everyone is doing it.

Managers with no management training at all being rocketed to the top of the corporate ladder

I hope that the sale of your company was worth it. From the moment you created your company you were so blinded by the dollar signs from the potential sale, that you failed to recognize your dedicated work force. Your lies about the necessity to outsource to a foreign country did a major disservice to your country and you should be ashamed.

Run, My Dear, Run!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Negotiator in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Negotiator in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Viant

Pros

There are two pros to working for this company. First of all, it's a job in a tough economy. Secondly, I am lucky to work in a department with pleasant and helpful co-workers.

Cons

The immediate managers have been there for years, but are nothing more than a bad habit. They never have answers to our questions, because they don't know the job. What they are very good at is micro-managing. They choose different people to zero in on from time to time, yet seem to be afraid to do anything about those who really get away with murder. Annual raises have been 1% or less the last few years. Commission continues to go down. There is little to no room for advancement. The job just gets worse and worse with time.......

Clean house with immediate management. We all thought there would be changes when Multiplan bought us out. They are nothing but figureheads who are otherwise worthless. Whether from the outside or within, there have got to be people out there who are much better qualified.

Only work here if you're desperate

Current Employee - Contract Analyst in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Contract Analyst in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Viant

Pros

A big pro is flex hours, depends on the job however. Not everyone has flex time.

Cons

Very poor advancement potential. Very lazy and incompetent management. Some nice people but too much micromanaging going on. Work here if you are desperate for a job only.....

Some management turnover after MultiPlan bought Viant out, but not enough. There still needs to be a heavy cleanup. Always felt this could have been a great company, but management just doesn't want to put the time and investment in it. Too bad.

Good place to work

I worked at Viant

Pros

Good benefits
    Lots of learning opportunities

Cons

- Not much career growth
    - Same old technology

A valuable part of my professional experience

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President

I worked at Viant

Pros

The original founding members of the company were always on top of their game.

Cons

The company grew too fast and lost sight of its core competencies.

Viant was acquired and the management team has moved on to other opportunities.

Your average 9 to 5

I worked at Viant

Pros

Good corporate culture, can wear jeans to dress, young wokring age group, friendly people, good location right off the expressway

Cons

No cafe at the place of location, they dont try and promote you have to go out and seek a promotion

Work Culture

I have been working at Viant

Pros

Feasible work schedule, time-off's when applicable

Cons

Not promising career growth wise

None

It's a living

I worked at Viant

Pros

Viant offers flexible hours, fair employee benefits, pleasant work environment among regional employees, nice location, fair wages, bonus opportunities, no micro-managing, and some telecommuting opportunities.

Cons

Poor communication between departments, lack of opportunity for employees in regional offices, us/them mentality between corporate office and regional offices, programs and events in corporate office that do not occur in regional offices. Poor merit increases companywide.

Senior management should visit regional offices more often holding open forum meetings for all employees and to build working relationships with regional staff. More focus on employee opportunities in regional offices. Overall, the company has too many VPs creating a very siloed work environment.

Company in need of change...

I have been working at Viant

Pros

People are good professionally and personally.
    Work can be interesting, and there is some flexibility in how you can go about implementing your project.
    There can be flexibility around family life.

Cons

Outsourcing initiative has slimmed the workforce too lean,and hasn't been successful.
    Often project deadlines are arbitrarily created without consulting with all the teams involved to validate it's feasibility.
    There aren't any career growth opportunities.
    Sub cost of living salary increases.

Invest more in the employees, and less in outsourced resources. Multiplan buy out has just been approved, so hopefully the new management will change things.