Viator

Updated August 5, 2014

3.7

Barrie Seidenberg

Great Company on the Rise

Pros

The people are talented and love the industry which is half the battle. The executives made a smart decision with the TripAdvisor merger. Head of HR in San Francisco is very talented and passionate about the people. Management & Leadership training recently delivered was needed and appreciated.

Cons

A lot of change gong on at the moment, but not really that big of a negative. They could do a better job at communicating what is going on in the company. Engineering leadership in Sydney leaves something to be desired. Really need to find a way to uplift that area of the company.

Keep doing what you're doing. Love the investment in HR and the people this year. Communicate to the office more often on where we are going and what we can do to help. A mission statement would be a nice compass for those of us wanting to understand how to help drive the business forward.

Inbound Call Center Representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Fun job. Many interesting inbound calls, inexpensive tours, and many perks. Co workers were very helpful and detailed oriented.

Cons

The training agenda was inconistent and unscripted at times. The tone expressed to some trainees was demeaning in front of other trainees. A larger tv screen is needed for all trainees to see well.

Coach and Mentor staff regularly. Don't expect everyone to be perfect in the first month on the floor. .

Great company, a lot of work, little pay

Pros

There is a lot that you can learn from your team members. The work is actually fun and I love the culture and industry.

Cons

The salary can definitely be better, and yearly reviews need to happen. Sometimes there is way too much work and never enough time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company - Need to hire strong leaders for the future.

Pros

Great company culture. Good growth potential ahead. Great location in San Fran.
    Fun, interesting industry, and lots of opportunity to get involved beyond your regular scope.

Cons

Need to hire strong leaders! HR in California needs an overall.
    We understand that we're a small company and it may be hard to attract some significant talent into leadership roles, but it needs to be a priority.

Executive team has been great - really working on communication in the organization.
    Pay attention to leadership hires as we expand!!

Great work environment. Open space,and open people

Current Employee - Marketing  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Everyone works hard and plays hard.
    People truly care about each other and collaborate together to win.
    Strong leadership team and product direction.
    San Francisco location.

Cons

Compensation could be better.
    Better Benefit coverage/costs

Keep up the great work. Keep investing in your people as much as you do the business. Stay approachable as you are today.

Fun work environment, great people, good work-life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Excellent benefits, great people who are like family. The work is highly satisfying as we help customers with their travel needs. Very creative and satisfying work.

The recent focus with the hiring of an HR leader is really showing a difference. We can see that the company is focusing on it's people. Keep it up!

Cons

Not too much really, at this time.. maybe more training and career development

Keep it up. We see the difference.

Glad I joined. Definitely the right decision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great location in SF SOMA; Good Benefits; Very talented and helpful people; Executives are very approachable and genuine. The focus on human capital is refreshing.

Cons

Communication could be improved among the offices (but I hear they are working on that); The open work environment is nice but it does get a bit quiet at times.

Keep doing what you're doing. It's a great company and a breath of fresh air compared to others.

Awesome company on the rise

Current Employee - Sales  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Smart people
    Great benefits
    Fun work place
    Great growth potential
    Love the market they are in

Cons

Changing and growing fast. Not really a con for me but it can be for some people

You guys are great. Keep up the great work. Just keep all your employees in mind for development as you grow. We'd like to hear from the exec more often.

A company on the move! Good people and a great environment

Pros

The people - nearly all that I have had the opportunity to work with have been skilled in their role. However, the company really tries to hire people that will fit in well with others. There is often a lot of flexibility in rolls.

Cons

Change - change is good, but Viator is growing so quickly it is sometimes hard to keep track of all the moving parts. Mainly the management team is on top of things, but more internal communication will help.

Communicate and be willing to recognize people who are doing a good job

Outstanding work environment with opportunities to move up when merited.

Current Employee - Web Content Editor  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Web Content Editor in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Creative and practical management, commitment to the growth of employees. It was a contract job that quickly expanded as my supervisor recognized that I had skills to put to use. I was able to work from home three days a week and take time off to study for the California Bar Exam.

Cons

It is a small company that is growing fast. Sometimes this resulted in poor communication. With offices in SF, Sydney, Las Vegas and London I had to get used to getting a barrage of emails and tasks when someone in another time zone came to work. For the most part, Viator was one of the best work experiences I've ever had and I would have loved to continue to work there.

Keep on recognizing your in-house talent. It will take you far.

Worked for Viator? Contribute to the Community!