Viator

www.viator.com

Viator Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Barrie Seidenberg

Great Company - Need to hire strong leaders for the future.

ProsGreat company culture. Good growth potential ahead. Great location in San Fran.
    Fun, interesting industry, and lots of opportunity to get involved beyond your regular scope.

ConsNeed to hire strong leaders! HR in California needs an overall.
    We understand that we're a small company and it may be hard to attract some significant talent into leadership roles, but it needs to be a priority.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutive team has been great - really working on communication in the organization.
    Pay attention to leadership hires as we expand!!

Great company, a lot of work, little pay

ProsThere is a lot that you can learn from your team members. The work is actually fun and I love the culture and industry.

ConsThe salary can definitely be better, and yearly reviews need to happen. Sometimes there is way too much work and never enough time.

Great work environment. Open space,and open people

Marketing (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsEveryone works hard and plays hard.
    People truly care about each other and collaborate together to win.
    Strong leadership team and product direction.
    San Francisco location.

ConsCompensation could be better.
    Better Benefit coverage/costs

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. Keep investing in your people as much as you do the business. Stay approachable as you are today.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun work environment, great people, good work-life balance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsExcellent benefits, great people who are like family. The work is highly satisfying as we help customers with their travel needs. Very creative and satisfying work.

The recent focus with the hiring of an HR leader is really showing a difference. We can see that the company is focusing on it's people. Keep it up!

ConsNot too much really, at this time.. maybe more training and career development

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. We see the difference.

Glad I joined. Definitely the right decision

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat location in SF SOMA; Good Benefits; Very talented and helpful people; Executives are very approachable and genuine. The focus on human capital is refreshing.

ConsCommunication could be improved among the offices (but I hear they are working on that); The open work environment is nice but it does get a bit quiet at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. It's a great company and a breath of fresh air compared to others.

Awesome company on the rise

Sales (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSmart people
    Great benefits
    Fun work place
    Great growth potential
    Love the market they are in

ConsChanging and growing fast. Not really a con for me but it can be for some people

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are great. Keep up the great work. Just keep all your employees in mind for development as you grow. We'd like to hear from the exec more often.

A company on the move! Good people and a great environment

ProsThe people - nearly all that I have had the opportunity to work with have been skilled in their role. However, the company really tries to hire people that will fit in well with others. There is often a lot of flexibility in rolls.

ConsChange - change is good, but Viator is growing so quickly it is sometimes hard to keep track of all the moving parts. Mainly the management team is on top of things, but more internal communication will help.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate and be willing to recognize people who are doing a good job

Outstanding work environment with opportunities to move up when merited.

Web Content Editor (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsCreative and practical management, commitment to the growth of employees. It was a contract job that quickly expanded as my supervisor recognized that I had skills to put to use. I was able to work from home three days a week and take time off to study for the California Bar Exam.

ConsIt is a small company that is growing fast. Sometimes this resulted in poor communication. With offices in SF, Sydney, Las Vegas and London I had to get used to getting a barrage of emails and tasks when someone in another time zone came to work. For the most part, Viator was one of the best work experiences I've ever had and I would have loved to continue to work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on recognizing your in-house talent. It will take you far.

Lacks leadership and no growth for employees

ProsGood people. Most people here are kind. Most are polite and nice but oddly enough the office is extremely quiet.

ConsLacks leadership. Does not nurture existing staff, that's why they look to leave. It's growing so quickly that I would not be surprised to see the good ones leave. Terrible internal communication, but that's because the main execs are terrible at communicating.

Advice to Senior ManagementNurture your team. Enhance training. Show them there is room for growth. And introduce new staff to current staff. New ones look lost. Communicate!

Viator Head of Global Human Resources responded to this review

Mar 24, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. This is one of our focuses going forward; communication, staff development, training, nurturing and growing the organizations.

Overall a pleasant experience

Office Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsStaff is friendly and gets along very well. There were travel discounts, free tours, and perks.

ConsSometimes I was spread very thin but not allowed to work more than 8 hours so I'd get behind, and then other times would have hardly anything to do and be bored.

Worked for Viator? Contribute to the Community!