Vibes Reviews

Updated March 4, 2015
18 reviews filtered by
3.2
Jack Philbin

1. Setting The Record Straight!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vibes full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

After reading a number of reviews that appear to be written by disgruntled former employees or those new-to-the-workforce, I felt compelled to share the truth about how great it is working at Vibes. I've been at Vibes for a few years and, given the choice, would 100% join the company again knowing what I now know about it.

I've worked at a few different companies before coming to Vibes and I've never seen a better combination of hard work, professionalism, and desire to celebrate the success. Across the board, employees are highly passionate about delivering the highest quality products & services to our customers - and the results customers are seeing are a testament to that work.

The company leadership is extremely transparent to all levels of the company, sharing and discussing company goals and reviewing progress towards those goals on a regular basis. This openness empowers everyone to have a crystal clear understanding of what we are working towards and, as a result, what to focus on and what not to focus on each day.

When it comes to innovation in the mobile marketing industry, no other company is doing more to advance this marketing discipline through a combination of new technology, best practices, and data / metrics. We use an innovation framework to manage how we go about doing this and we are regularly refining it with an eye towards continuous improvement.

If you're looking for a company who is a leader in an emerging area of technology and marketing, then Vibes is hands down the best choice.

Cons

The biggest challenge working at Vibes is that it takes a lot of effort to get prospective customers to understand how much value Vibes products and services can deliver for them. We spend a ton of time across all departments trying to find different ways to get the "Vibes message" into the hands of our target customers.

Keep staying focused on delivering the best mobile marketing experience. Doing 1 thing extremely well will be much more successful than trying to be all things to all people.

it's a 9-5.. most of the time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vibes

Pros

keg in kitchen, usually used as a vendor to clients and advertising agencies so the lights can go out after 5. recognition of 1 person a week in "game ball" which is employee-picked and comes with a $100. quarterly company meetings that are long, but informational.

Cons

client service is in little teams and don't share ideas cross company. most are hired new from college or from a customer service/sales background. no one is properly trained on their job. there is no catapult training in place (catapult is the internal mobile marketing technology that they sell licenses to).

reorganize the whole company. the structure is for a lean, agile and SMALL group of employees. the only department who has it together is HR with their crazy top grade interviews, bi-yearly and 360 review process.

Set your expectations

Former Employee - Client Services
    Former Employee - Client Services

I worked at Vibes

Pros

The company has a pretty cool office and a lot of young people. As one of the first companies in the mobile marketing space, there's a lot of history that you can hang your hat on when speaking with clients and prospective clients.

Cons

Despite being a "pioneer" in the mobile space, the company has not evolved in its product/service offering. Don't be fooled by the lure of being on the cutting-edge of technology.... because while others are innovating, Vibes is happy with the status quo. The business model is to hire young people who don't know any better and churn through them, rather than invest in product.

A disgrace of a company

I worked at Vibes

Pros

Some good folks making the best of a poor situation. the interview process is the best process the company has - other than that they don't have a clue

Cons

Absolute disgrace of a company that cannot pull it together. There is no listening to folks that bring a ton of experience to the company and make a huge impact to the business. I was privy to discussions that would just make your head spin on how these folks have maintained in business which is driven by a handful of key clients. There is no planning, no investment in future growth and frankly no investment in employees

live by your core values. This is clearly something you print but do not lead by. Own your mistakes and not at the detriment of your employees. This is the only thing the CEO has ever done, so listen to folks brought into the company based on their experience.

Terrible place to work for an experienced, seasoned professional

I worked at Vibes full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company and its owners represent a perfect example of exploiting the benefits of being at the right place right time. There's nothing innovative or hi-tech about this company. They're incredibly lucky to be reeking the benefits of the mobile/smart phone revolution. They're not even a new company or a startup, they go back to 90s and they started as a pager company! And now they're just an SMS shop.

Cons

Whole bunch of kids herded about running around. So proud to be working for a company in the Chicago downtown area. The culture is just get it done or give the impression of getting it done, roll it out. You can finalize it later…

None… They're probably going to be consolidated in a few years anyway.

Great people. Overworked.

I worked at Vibes

Pros

Much pportunity to grow and advance position.

Cons

Expect long hours and compensation is not always on par.

Work life balance is important.

excellent

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Vibes as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

everything was good room to grow and experience new things the team was pretty close and helpful as well.

Cons

none at all great place so much to do.

Awesome company culture and a pretty rad internship!

Current Intern - Client Services in Chicago, IL
    Current Intern - Client Services in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vibes as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

This company has a start-up vibe and is a growing company. Mobile is at the forefront in marketing and this is an exceptional company to get into the mobile marketing. At this company, you're constantly learning and it's a fast paced industry. Great learning experience.

Cons

unpaid internship, everyone helps out so expect to do beyond your job title/duty

rich kids "startup"

I worked at Vibes full-time (less than a year)

Pros

salary was competitive, you were encouraged to "do your own thing".The bosses threw excellent company parties. The office was open and lot of fun and social. Interesting people worked there, and some goofballs as well.

Cons

At the time I was there, my immediate management was technically incompetent, just barely grasping simple concepts of software development. The software itself was miserable junk I wouldn't want my name associated with. The bosses were cool enough but played a lot of golf.

Great work environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vibes full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Communication throughout the office is amazing. You are able to learn and interact with individuals of all levels. The actual office environment is uplifting, fun, and productive. You are expected to learn quickly and work hard-- which is empowering and exciting. The core values are evident and strong throughout all employees and the work environment.

Cons

There is nothing that comes to mind. Working for a small, cutting-edge tech company comes with having to work fast, prioritize and communicate well. These are challenges, but career and personal builders as well.

Vibes Photos