Vibes Reviews

3.6
Jack Philbin

1. Intern

I worked at Vibes part-time

Pros

Very helpful from my coworkers. They were very friendly.

Cons

I don't know what else to think for cons...

Innovative, Smart, Fun

I have been working at Vibes

Pros

Astonished by the negative reviews here. Previous employees who could not keep up must have written those....Vibes is an amazing company from the culture to the technology to the learning opportunities and career path. From the spot-on interview process to the development opportunities here, Vibes has it all together.

Cons

Maybe incorporate more snacks in the kitchen area.....and open more offices nationally (or internationally) as growth continues....

Advice to Management

Keep dedicating the time you put in to develop your employees to reach their fullest potential......I see lots of rockstars here and can't wait to see the teams grow!

Current employee

I have been working at Vibes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

awesome attitude of employees. Real team spirit

Cons

management is totally disconnected. CEO knows nothing about his small staff. Pay is horrible

Advice to Management

learn what's really going on.

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vibes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vibes is a great place to work. Besides all the cool and fun things around the office - the people are amazing. Everyone is genuinely nice and caring. The work is fun, innovative and above industry standards.

Cons

You have to work hard and always be willing to learn new things. If you can't adapt to a fast past environment and quick deadlines - then this place isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your staff.

Setting The Record Straight!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vibes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After reading a number of reviews that appear to be written by disgruntled former employees or those new-to-the-workforce, I felt compelled to share the truth about how great it is working at Vibes. I've been at Vibes for a few years and, given the choice, would 100% join the company again knowing what I now know about it. I've worked at a few different companies before coming to Vibes and I've never seen a better combination of hard work, professionalism, and desire to celebrate the success. Across the board, employees are highly passionate about delivering the highest quality products & services to our customers - and the results customers are seeing are a testament to that work. The company leadership is extremely transparent to all levels of the company, sharing and discussing company goals and reviewing progress towards those goals on a regular basis. This openness empowers everyone to have a crystal clear understanding of what we are working towards and, as a result, what to focus on and what not to focus on each day. When it comes to innovation in the mobile marketing industry, no other company is doing more to advance this marketing discipline through a combination of new technology, best practices, and data / metrics. We use an innovation framework to manage how we go about doing this and we are regularly refining it with an eye towards continuous improvement. If you're looking for a company who is a leader in an emerging area of technology and marketing, then Vibes is hands down the best choice.

Cons

The biggest challenge working at Vibes is that it takes a lot of effort to get prospective customers to understand how much value Vibes products and services can deliver for them. We spend a ton of time across all departments trying to find different ways to get the "Vibes message" into the hands of our target customers.

Advice to Management

Keep staying focused on delivering the best mobile marketing experience. Doing 1 thing extremely well will be much more successful than trying to be all things to all people.

it's a 9-5.. most of the time

I have been working at Vibes

Pros

keg in kitchen, usually used as a vendor to clients and advertising agencies so the lights can go out after 5. recognition of 1 person a week in "game ball" which is employee-picked and comes with a $100. quarterly company meetings that are long, but informational.

Cons

client service is in little teams and don't share ideas cross company. most are hired new from college or from a customer service/sales background. no one is properly trained on their job. there is no catapult training in place (catapult is the internal mobile marketing technology that they sell licenses to).

Advice to Management

reorganize the whole company. the structure is for a lean, agile and SMALL group of employees. the only department who has it together is HR with their crazy top grade interviews, bi-yearly and 360 review process.

Set your expectations

Former Employee - Client Services
    Former Employee - Client Services

I worked at Vibes

Pros

The company has a pretty cool office and a lot of young people. As one of the first companies in the mobile marketing space, there's a lot of history that you can hang your hat on when speaking with clients and prospective clients.

Cons

Despite being a "pioneer" in the mobile space, the company has not evolved in its product/service offering. Don't be fooled by the lure of being on the cutting-edge of technology.... because while others are innovating, Vibes is happy with the status quo. The business model is to hire young people who don't know any better and churn through them, rather than invest in product.

A disgrace of a company

I worked at Vibes

Pros

Some good folks making the best of a poor situation. the interview process is the best process the company has - other than that they don't have a clue

Cons

Absolute disgrace of a company that cannot pull it together. There is no listening to folks that bring a ton of experience to the company and make a huge impact to the business. I was privy to discussions that would just make your head spin on how these folks have maintained in business which is driven by a handful of key clients. There is no planning, no investment in future growth and frankly no investment in employees

Advice to Management

live by your core values. This is clearly something you print but do not lead by. Own your mistakes and not at the detriment of your employees. This is the only thing the CEO has ever done, so listen to folks brought into the company based on their experience.

Terrible place to work for an experienced, seasoned professional

I worked at Vibes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company and its owners represent a perfect example of exploiting the benefits of being at the right place right time. There's nothing innovative or hi-tech about this company. They're incredibly lucky to be reeking the benefits of the mobile/smart phone revolution. They're not even a new company or a startup, they go back to 90s and they started as a pager company! And now they're just an SMS shop.

Cons

Whole bunch of kids herded about running around. So proud to be working for a company in the Chicago downtown area. The culture is just get it done or give the impression of getting it done, roll it out. You can finalize it later…

Advice to Management

None… They're probably going to be consolidated in a few years anyway.

Great people. Overworked.

I worked at Vibes

Pros

Much pportunity to grow and advance position.

Cons

Expect long hours and compensation is not always on par.

Advice to Management

Work life balance is important.

RSS Feed </> Embed