Victaulic

Updated February 25, 2015
Updated February 25, 2015
3.1

John F. Malloy

Great company and most people working there are eager to help out!

Former Intern - Intern
    Former Intern - Intern

I worked at Victaulic as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Hardworking group of people. The Sales side of the company is supported by everyone!

Cons

Ive heard some managers can be difficult to deal with. Corporate offices seemed a bit dull but the sales side was exciting.

Take your first commission check then run, because you won't get another one.

I have been working at Victaulic

Pros

Company Car, good insurance and matching 401k

Cons

Regional Management are a bunch of yes men. Tons of turnover as of late which reflects poorly on Victaulic with their distribution partners, and contractor's; as well as the new people brought into fill these vacated roles.

Understand the new generation you're recruiting comes from a need for immediate gratification. Responsivness to old school militant style leadership will continue to result in turnover.

Management problems

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Victaulic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good products. Company car and phone.

Cons

Okay company overall. Great products. Before you accept a job in sales with this company, make sure you really get to know the regional manager. Very old school type of management. My manager made my life a living h*ll which is why I am no longer with the company. During my training the other guys in my territory warned me about our manager, but he seemed like a good guy. Once I was on my own, everything changed and within a few months I realized I could no longer work for this company. I stayed long enough to get a job with a better company. The pay is decent and if you are put in a territory that has a manager with good leadership skills (they are out there, I met some of them) it shouldn't be too bad. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy work in the territory I was in.

Disorganized, a Terrible Management

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Easton, PA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Easton, PA

I have been working at Victaulic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company Car, Expense Account, Flexible Schedule

Cons

Commission structure is a joke. Management over promises and under delivers. Is a job for a single young guy.

Answer your employees in a timely fashion. Consider work-life balance its not always about work. Help train and develop new employees. Too many newbies out of college with no work experience messing things up and agitating customers. Need to figure out the future of your products.

Great people and meaningful projects for college students.

Former Intern - Materials Technology in Easton, PA
    Former Intern - Materials Technology in Easton, PA

I worked at Victaulic as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

-Many different projects that allowed me to get a feel for many aspects of my college major
    -Employees and managers care about each other
    -HUGE focus on employee safety
    -Got a chance to work independently most of the time, but had guidance whenever needed
    -Big focus on intern growth, not just company growth
    -Very large intern to employee ratio
    -Internship was looked at like a long-term interview for a full-time position
    -Had the chance to talk to company VPs and CEO

Cons

-Didn't get a chance to get to know other interns very well
    -Had to learn the company lingo and basics of how their products worked on my own

-Give the interns a hands-on orientation that immerses them in the products Victaulic makes

Summer Intern

Former Intern - Summer Intern in Easton, PA
    Former Intern - Summer Intern in Easton, PA

I worked at Victaulic as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Victaulic was a great company to have a summer internship with. They provided an excellent hands on experience and really allowed me to understand what working in a corporate environment is like. Whenever I was working on a project and had a question, my supervisor was always willing to help and go out of her way to find me an answer. In addition to my supervisor being extremely helpful, everyone in my department was always willing to help. I really enjoyed the atmosphere at Victaulic because all the employees are very welcoming. Overall, I highly recommend applying for an internship at Victaulic.

Cons

I feel like I could have been challenged more in my department and given more projects to work on. At times I felt like I had to stretch out my work because I knew my supervisor did not have another project ready for me and I did not want to sit at my desk doing nothing.

The most disorganized and unprofessional place ever

I have been working at Victaulic

Pros

Good benefits decent bonuses and you can get hours

Cons

Management is horrible about knowing what goes on on the work floor. No one really knows much about what they are doing other than the people that are actually working. Lots of unnecessary overtime. You WILL HAVE NO LIFE. It's going to Mexico anyway

Established company with good product but has management issues.

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Victaulic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The product is very good and you are selling a superior product. The company spends a lot of money on training people and it is a good training program.

Cons

In my experience, the managers seem to be taught to treat those they manage like children. They play mind games and are constantly trying to make you think that you don't know what you're doing. I have had multiple managers and they all did the same thing. It is like they trained them to behave like that.

Start building a team atmosphere instead of trying to make people feel insecure in their job all the time. This company has lost a lot of good people because they were never appreciated.

Valuable Summer Internship

Former Intern - Process Technology and Global Quality Engineer in Easton, PA
    Former Intern - Process Technology and Global Quality Engineer in Easton, PA

I worked at Victaulic as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Victaulic is a great company to work in because of its size and the attitude of its employees. It has the advantages of working in a corporate environment small enough that you will not go unnoticed. I personally learned volumes about how to work in a professional environment in addition to the subject matter of my internship. My internship also showed me that Victaulic has an important focus on innovation, which is vital for any company to be successful. I was given opportunities to take my own initiative, perform hands-on work, and improve my engineering skills. I would definitely recommend this company, both for interns and employees as well.

Cons

Every person will be more interested in one department than another, so if given the choice make sure to work in that department. Victaulic is a great company as a whole, but an individual could have a negative experience if placed in the wrong department.

Keep up the good work, and always obtain feedback from employees.

Supportive and helpful work environment

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Easton, PA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Easton, PA

I worked at Victaulic as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Every employee I worked with was extremely helpful and willing to go out of their way to help you in any way necessary. Overall, I found the culture to be very welcoming.

Cons

I do not have much to say in regards to cons, but one possible con would be that certain things are a little old fashioned, such as the dress code.

Consider giving interns a little more work if they seem capable and willing

Victaulic Photos