Victoria's Secret Stores

3.3
1,438 Reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 93 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 66 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 56 reviews)

More Highlights

48 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Really enjoyed working at Victoria's Secret.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Geneva, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Geneva, IL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a really great group of people to work with. Enjoyed going to work each day.

Cons

Pay could be a bit better. But I guess that's what you can expect from an entry-level, part-time job.

I love being there because I feel supported by my management team.

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Our company has a website that list all the higher level careers so there's opportunity to move up. Plus, they've started this new thing, it's basically commission so you get more money if you make your goals.

Cons

If you don't make your goals you wont get any hours and can eventually be let go.

Get rid of that firing clause. It makes you feel like your jobs not secure and makes you feel unease.

The worst company to ever work for

Current Employee - Bra Stylist  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Bra Stylist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

The pros was the discounts and the free items you got

Cons

The cons were the management was horrible. They would want you to work like a slave for them. They also had a store manager that was very unprofessional. The managers would talk all day long and get mad if the employees did what they did. They created a stupid Spah that made half the store get fired.

Advice to management you do not know what you are doing sitting in a office sending orders but don't know actually what goes on in stores. There is also no room for advancement.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company for Students

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Norridge, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Norridge, IL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Their training's are very helpful. It's the best training I have ever seen in retail. I love the first free bra you get to take home so you can sell it to the customer the next day. Not a lot of companies do that for their employees and it is one of the smartest "marketing" moves a company can make to drive up their sales. How else is the employee suppose to sell if they have never tried it? And VS makes that experience available free of charge. They have a lot of meetings that help relationships grow between management and employee.

Cons

Like all clothing retail, you get very catty girls who love to gossip. I don't see growth for a career. I would suggest this company to students- its not a career though.

I'm not sure if VS does donations but, instead of destroying returned bras, VS should donate to shelters with women who cannot afford a bra or other countries. You completely tear the bra apart so no one would ever be able to use it, but people love people who care and are generous. So if donations are publicized, you might drive more sales with women and men who love going green and caring for their world. And let's face it, this generation is completely into going green and caring for the world and the people who occupy it. Being a person who loves people who donate because they care and are generous, it tore me apart to see such good bras being mutilated when they could have been given as donations.

Mundane and Unappreciated

Current Employee - Cash Wrap  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Cash Wrap in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay. Lots of free or discounted things, good warm up before each shift. Great if you're a sales associate, lots of hour for them.

Cons

They slowly are phasing out cashiers at my location and gave the sales associates mobile registers and mini cash wrap stations to check their customers out at, instead of bringing them to the cashiers. We receive little praise and are expected to sell a quota of Angel Card's every shift in order to maintain our hours. Or thats what they told us, until they completely cut our shifts this week in order to give more hours to the sales associates.

Stop giving sales associates the power to check their customers out. It causes them not to clean up their sections because they are too focused on getting their names to a sale.

Great customer service and sales skills development

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Victoria's Secret has a very thorough training program which provides its associates with great sales skills as well as hospitality and customer service values. What I learned at this job has helped me in sales jobs later on.

Cons

There is not much opportunity for growth--sales associates usually only move up to management after years of working there full-time (which can be grueling, as most retail vets know). There also tends to be a focus on the negatives, like low sales or not enough email sign-ups, rather than the outstanding work of some associates.

Be sure to continue to recognize the hard work of sales associates.

Customer Experience Lead

Former Employee - Customer Experience Lead  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Lead in Chicago, IL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun atmosphere, opportunity to try out different positions during holiday with pay increase, free or discounted merchandise monthly

Cons

Takes a long time to get promoted even with a degree, pay is very low, too many women and can get catty at times, on call shifts leave you in limbo a lot which makes it hard to schedule things outside of work

Decent place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary recently increased to significantly because of a new pilot sales program launched in the Chicago area. The job itself isn't hard. Working environment is clean and smells good!

Cons

Lots of pressure from management to maximize sales, even when traffic is very sparse. Threat of being terminated if sales do not meet company standards for several months in a row.

Sales

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free employee gratis. That's IT. Coming from an individual who's had several years retail sales experience.

Cons

Constant micromanagement, unrealistic sales goals, aggressive/obnoxious sales approach. Low morale in commission based culture. No team culture - "sales thieves" on a daily basis. Sales recovery is horrid, staying way beyond your scheduled shift.

Back off & stop the incessant coaching - unmotivating & insulting. Let's see you achieve unrealistic goals for one day. On call shifts are ridiculous - work on your scheduling.

Don't do it!

Former Employee - Category Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Category Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall VS could be a great place to work with the right leadership team. It has an amazing opportunity for advance for sales associates and the discount and perks are awesome.

Cons

The hours suck-you are required to stay until the store is closed out-sometimes 3 hours after your scheduled shift. My manager pitted one another against each other and the gossip was rampant in my store. Total unprofessional environment with a lazy SM. You were hourly but then expected to complete things with no time allotted within your work day so that meant taking things home and not being paid for your time. VS is not all about the customer-they are all about the $$. I had great ideas for my categories, but was never allowed to do anything although I was to have a Store Manager mentality. Some people love it, I dreaded going to work every single day.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!