Victoria's Secret Stores

3.2 1,350 reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney

Sharen Turney

1,350 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month"
    in 86 reviews
  • "30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year"
    in 77 reviews
Cons:
  • "Retail schedules can be tough, although this is the best focus on work life balance I've seen"
    in 57 reviews
  • "The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job)"
    in 49 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Lead Cashier

Cash Wrap Lead (Former Employee)
    Carolina, PR

ProsOverall a very good experience. 30% discount on regular price, a few FRee panties here and there. I think is a good job for college girls but if you are looking for more and can apply for managing positions. For me cashier was just not enough.

ConsIf the manager does not like you for any reason don't expect lots of work hours. I guess that happens everywhere.

Great co-workers and overall experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosco-workers are great as well as the employee discount

Conshours can be long, late, and not scheduled far enough in advance, sometimes "time-off requests" are not honored

I've really enjoyed working there!

Sales Associate Lingerie (Current Employee)
    Lynwood Center, WA

ProsManagement is wonderful! They're very understanding and really work with you to learn and become better. As long as you give them 2 weeks notice asking for time off is very easy. They really value the customer and work hard to make them happy. You also get a 30% discount and they have freebies and cheap by-ins all the time!

ConsSometimes the clientele is frustrating. People can be just so inconsiderate. But I'm sure you find that in any retail job

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Baltimore, MD

ProsEveryone is like family, growth is possible, flexible with hours , Great atmosphere, great benefits

ConsNo Cons at all for this company

An amazing team of employees

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsI love working with so many other hard working people. We all pull our weight and it feels like an awesome place. I love that it's flexible and part-time.

ConsNot a lot of work/life balance, pretty low pay and not a lot of room for upward mobility.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep things fun! Employee incentives can go a long way in that sort of environment. I love when we have competitions with each other, but I hate when its the same people over and over again.

Overall Great Company

Flint, MI

ProsI really loved the time that I spent at Victoria's Secret. I enjoyed my management team and coworkers. Our store was very close. We spent a lot of time doing team building, and I think that was what made our store such a fun place to work. With the vast number of women working there, you would think there would be more drama- but there wasn't. The company also invested quite a bit of time in training, which I felt really equipped me for the job. I also made numerous connections with customers- it was very rewarding!

ConsIt could be stressful when a customer acted out- something you expect when you work with the public.

Great Company

Kettering, OH

ProsGood Culture, treats employees with respect. Benefits are good. I have met a lot of great people here. It does feel like a second home. The company culture makes me care about my job and Victoria's Secret. I want to see the company do great.

ConsOnly closed on X-mas, all holidays and weekends are working days. PTO is use it or lose it, would be nice to at least have sick days that accumulate and carry over for life/medical situations.

I love this company

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Tracy, CA

Proslots of great perks and incentives. the company allows for growth, and promotes working as one team.

Consas with any retail position, hours can be unreliable. Some weeks I can get 8 hours while getting 35 hours the next.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on keeping teamwork a focus.

Love the company

Co Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay, benefits, awesome products, customer loyalty

ConsNo cons.. I learned a lot working there. I still use the tools gained from VS in has my career today and have had many successes.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave fun, intake every experience as tools for future career paths. Stay loyal to yourself, your team and success will follow.

Great customer service and sales skills development

Chicago, IL

ProsVictoria's Secret has a very thorough training program which provides its associates with great sales skills as well as hospitality and customer service values. What I learned at this job has helped me in sales jobs later on.

ConsThere is not much opportunity for growth--sales associates usually only move up to management after years of working there full-time (which can be grueling, as most retail vets know). There also tends to be a focus on the negatives, like low sales or not enough email sign-ups, rather than the outstanding work of some associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure to continue to recognize the hard work of sales associates.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victoria's Secret Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney. All 1,350 reviews posted anonymously by Victoria's Secret Stores employees.