Victoria's Secret Stores

3.3
1,561 Reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 104 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 88 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 77 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 65 reviews)

More Highlights

VS Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really great people, wonderful at working around school schedules if you're in college as most of the associates I worked with were, not a high pressure retailer, sales were important but rarely pushed on the associates, more emphasis on educating the customer about the products and genuinely providing them with help. 30% discount on products after one month of work as well as getting new/improved bras for $5-$10 for personal testimony to better explain to customers. 50% discount for PINK associates for one week once every two months because PINK associates must wear what is currently on the floor to work.
    Decent dress code, all black except when pops of color are allowed during launches. PINK associates wear what is currently on floor with non branded or specifically allowed branded shoes (converse being one of them)
    Tattoos sometimes allowed if small enough and not offensive. Strict on piercings

Cons

Has very specific and pretty sexist requirements for women employees appearance (must wear make up but not too much/hair must be visibly done in some fashion/cannot have chipped nail polish). Almost entirely female work environment. Sometimes there are awkward situations within the work place due to customers (older male customers who come in and ask female employees what size their breasts are and if they will model a bra to see if it would look good on a spouse of "similar size"). There was once a stalking case because a female employee put her hours on social media and a man tried to abduct her from the store she worked at. Upper management can sometimes be seen as cold or uncaring. Most requests off are not approved. There are on call shifts prior to or after scheduled shifts you must call in for or ask about if you're needed. Sometimes entire 4+ hour shifts will be on call. If there is nothing to do, employees will be asked to constantly refold clothes/underwear. Underwear is referred to as "panties". Closing can take up to 4 hours.

Victorias Secret is a great seasonal job!

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor
    Former Employee - Beauty Advisor

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Seasonal Employees are given free store credits to purchase Items of their choice. As a female, you get to dress nice. Up beat and most co workers are fun. It was really nice working in a store that focuses on pampering women. . Depending on the department you get to have flexibility as far as how to market a product. Changing and switching shifts is easy. Pretty alright discount. The managers always ordered catering for the employees to have on their break and were very kind and understanding when you had an issue.You get alot of different women, in different shapes, sizes and nationalities who come there to shop and its nice being able to help each of them find that something special that makes them feel amazing.:)

Cons

Short shifts ( blessing or curse, you decide). Boring at times if you were made to stay in one spot for an entire shift but understandable.

Keep being awesome!

Great company, but employee experience may vary per retail location based on management team.

Current Employee - Brand Delivery and Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Brand Delivery and Operations Manager

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great incentives and great salary. The company and the upper corporate management team are very inspiring. The coaching model in essence is a great tool for developing talent and succession planning.

Cons

Experience can vary per store or even per district. How the management team interprets the coaching model or other company tools can severely influence how associates are treated and customers experience the brand. Associates who are transferred often are accustomed to how his or her first store did things. It should be a consistent experience from store to store.

Hire better SLT in each location and support them to deliver the best experience in each store location.

Keep

Current Employee - Sale Associate in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sale Associate in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have never worked in a company that went to such great lengths to train me and make sure I felt comfortable with my position before throwing me on the floor. I know it can seem mundane, but from the first day of training/orientation I was thrilled to watch the videos and learn more about the company, and my manager tried to make it interesting and fun. My managers are there for me, and work with me around my school schedule. They treat me like a person and are really an awesome resource for my personal success in addition to the success of the company. I look forward to sticking with this company and seeing where it takes me, Victoria's Secret is a company I would love to work for on a corporate level when I finish school. I am currently a part-time SA, so I'm not receiving any employee benefits (healthcare, 401k, etc) however - the gratis, discount, and goodies that come with being a VS girl are unparalleled! I would recommend this job to anyone who believes in personal empowerment, beauty, and loves fashion!

Cons

This has not been my best paying job, but the work is extremely satisfying. I am sure that when I have been with the company on a more long-term basis, my managers would be happy to discuss a raise.

Keep up the good work! I love all of my managers, and I am grateful for their guidance and all of their help with meeting my personal and career related goals!

A great place to work, and an honest company to work for.

Current Employee - Merchandise Flow Supervisor in Florence, AL
    Current Employee - Merchandise Flow Supervisor in Florence, AL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great personal development plans and advancement opportunities, great leadership, pay is better than expected, overall a wonderful experience.

Cons

Compensation was great, but didn't get the full-time hours i wanted. Being a guy in a smaller store, the only way i could advance farther is if i left for a bigger store in a city almost two hours away.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Support Lead
    Former Employee - Sales Support Lead

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

Love the company and the products. Lots of opportunity to grow. They have a good program for associates who would like to be a part of management.

Cons

I loved working here, the store I worked at was a smaller, so it was a challenge in the stock room to keep products organized.

Best place to work

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

You feel empowered to make good choices for your store and customer

Cons

Nothing- great atmosphere and beautiful products

I love VS!

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employee discount (30%)
    Fun place to work
    Flexible hours and days for a part-time associate

Cons

Straightening panties and walls can get tedious and boring.
    Call-ins
    Often can't control what position you will have for the day (shipment, cash wrap, sales floor)

Amazing!

Current Employee - Part Time Category Supervisor
    Current Employee - Part Time Category Supervisor

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere is always fun and upbeat. If you are good at what you do it is possible to get a raise or get promoted. The have great programs to further your education with the company.

Cons

Management is a bit off whack and if you don't have open availability you don't get very good hours. It's a store full of girls which means some drama may occur.

Have better communication amongst themselves as well as associates.

Victoria's Secret is a great career choice if you like retail. For a retail job, it's one of the best.

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

Good bonus structure, pays well in Columbus, Oh. Opportunity for growth, work no more than 40hrs a week, one weekend off a month

Cons

Weekends, holidays, inconsistent hours, retail shinanigans,

Victoria's Secret Stores Photos