Victoria's Secret Stores

3.3
1,426 Reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 93 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 66 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 56 reviews)

More Highlights

I love it!

Current Employee - Sales Specialist  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Columbus, OH

Pros

First off, Limited Brands is a great company (or L. Brands as they are now called). I love working with and feeling like I actually am helping people, its very rewarding to have someone tell you that something that you have done has literally changed their life... In my store, everyone i work with is so amazing, we have very little drama and its like working with your best friends. The connections you make with customers is also amazing. Bra shopping is a very personal experience and you feel that real connection and trust with our customers and most times they come back and ask to work with you again, I've even had a customer ask for my phone number so that she could text me and make sure i was working every time she planned to come shop with us.

Cons

Well I'm part time so I dont get any benefits or anything but I've worked there for over a year and have yet to become full time, which I have expressed the desire to multiple times. So i feel like, at least in my store, its very hard to move up and grow with the company. I've been told that they would make me full time numerous times and again it has yet to happen... You also get some snooty clientele but i think that's almost everywhere. Sometimes communication between management isn't the best either. Changing your availability can also be difficult, I've known a number of people who have tired and it either got denied or they approved the change and started getting scheduled way less.

My advice to management would be to have better communication between other SLT members and with the associates as well. I would also advise not making empty promises such as telling someone that they would be put into a full time spot and not fulfilling it...

Just Started But I absolutely Love IT!!!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Great Employee Benefits and Staff

Cons

The work/Life Balance is a bit skewed sometimes

Great benefits and opportunity for promotion

Former Employee - Operations and Staffing Supervisor  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Operations and Staffing Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Learn to work as a team, good employee gratis gifts and discounts

Cons

Management drama, somewhat poor compensation for amount of wok as a supervisor

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The experience was ok, the work is hard.

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

The customers are great and the associates

Cons

the work load is great

its a great company!

Pros

its just an amazing place to work and the team is great

Cons

better management would be nice .

One year down

Former Employee - Sales Support Associate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

There was a great discount, the people were fun, and there was never a dull moment. Plus, my managers were really great.

Cons

It was paid horribly, and I was never offered a raise. (I was just out of high school, and had very little experience). And I had to work mornings which was not fun. New people all the time, very few people stayed for more than 6 months. I was there for 10.

Make sure to keep up with employees about what they're looking for in their job.

Fun job!

Current Employee - Sales Associate Lingerie
    Current Employee - Sales Associate Lingerie

Pros

Great for a part time/summer job.

Cons

Tough sales goals depending on your location.

Flash sales crew

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Pueblo, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pueblo, CO

Pros

Great atmosphere & clear instruction. Wasn't a lot asked but it was easy to do. Would go back for temporary work any day.

Cons

Does not offer full time hours unless you are a manager that is it. Not really any cons.

Keep up the good work.

Best managers

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Every manager I have had at Victoria's Secret has been wonderful. I think about them all the time and miss them. The discounts are pretty nice and I love winning competitions. They certainly recognize good, hard work and award you for it.

Cons

no paid sick leave or overtime. Minimum wage, hard to get full time hours and you will most likely work on holidays.

minimum wage is incredibly difficult to live off of especially when you can't get full time hours.

Great team, great management, not a steady job though/

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

-You work with an optimistic team that is open to helping you.
    -Management is cheering for you to understand, learn and inspire.
    -40% off discount, except for sale items.
    -New gratis every month for free or discounted bras, perfumes, and/or other products in the store.
    -Easy and understanding about scheduling.
    -The policy for time off is that you need to request for it at least 2 weeks in advance.
    -You are able to grow from an associate to management. There is a program called AIM, and every quarter, managers ask certain associates who would be interested. You get trained to be manager, and when a position opens up, you have a better chance than others.
    -The training program for a regilar associate is usually 3 days. Based on videos and answering questions and observing.

Cons

-Hours are not steady. If we are not making sales, you can lose hours. So, not the best job to have if you have car payments or rent to pay. Would definitely just have a second job if anything because VS is a great company to work for.
    -Every time you come in, you have a goal of how much you are suppose to sell, how many transactions you need to have, and how many Angel Cards you open up. These goals are attainable... but with my hourly rate, I feel there is no incentive to actually make these goals. I can sell about 2,000 a day, but my paycheck would not show for it.

Throw us a bone. If we are making above and beyond our personal goal, give us a bonus! We are hard working people with low paying jobs! We love it, but need more.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!