Victoria's Secret Stores

3.3
1,472 Reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 93 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 66 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 56 reviews)

More Highlights

Very fun place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The discount, making others feel good about themselves, you will learn a lot about selling and making the customer happy (customer service)

Cons

Not much cons, hours getting cut and closing shifts can go past 10-11pm

Love working for the company but the management

Current Employee - Bra Specialist  in  Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Bra Specialist in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free items because I'm a bra Specialist

Cons

Co workers stealing your sale
    There now doing commission but before there was no incentives
    Miami beach no parking have to pay for parking
    Managers don't care about you they treat any how and think they'll get away with it

Miami beach Lincoln rd needs to show better appreciation to assocaites

Very inviting..

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

They are focused on growth in its employees and feels like they are dedicated to making sure everyone understands there job. Flexible with schedules and family matters.. the bonuses and discounts are awesome as well!

Cons

Even thought they want everyone to learn sometimes all of pressure is put on the associates to make sales. They can feel like they are more concerned with the numbers more than the people.

Listen to your employees different selling styles. A lot of the woman that work here also have shopped here prior to employment. Everyone's shopping and selling styles are different.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Depends what store you go into but half the time its great customer service.

Current Employee - Sales Support Associate/Cashier
    Current Employee - Sales Support Associate/Cashier

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The discount of course its amazing, incentives if your store does great with the new product your store receives free launch product. The hours were also good some co-workers would complain but i liked mine always ranged from 24.5-38 hrs weekly. Fun place to work at. Also you are working within the US number one selling in lingerie. Everyone knows about Victoria's secret.

Cons

The holiday season can get uber stressful along with when Semi-Annual Sale come along as well. Working or having to fix the cotton panty bar or pink panty bar can get annoying sometimes especially now that they changed the standers on that, each and every panty must be individually folded (very time consuming)

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier  in  Glen Mills, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Glen Mills, PA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time

Pros

awesome discount-30% off regular price items and etc

Cons

low pay- $8/hour
    customers are rude

Great working environment and fun.

Former Employee - Beauty Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Beauty Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced, fun environment, with great staff.

Cons

Very demanding goals, sometimes almost unattainable.

Great company, great culture, great teams, easily ruined by poor management

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time

Pros

Great team members to work with, compensation for managers is nice, bonuses are very good at higher volume locations

Cons

Very dependent on the manager's to make things work. More so than any other retail company I've worked for. Not a lot of specificity to management jobs, they're very broad, which can make it more difficult to focus, and high volume locations get very busy and must manage organized retail crime in addition to everything else.

Be an advocate for your team and really listen to them. Don't discuss/make promises without delivering on them. Make sure every new supervisor and manager trains outside of the store right away.

Category Supervisor (Pink)

Current Employee - Category Supervisor (Pink)  in  Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Category Supervisor (Pink) in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Monthly gratis, Ample amount of hours, discounts to BBW, Lots of opportunity to advance and the company does a great job with helping associates and managers to transfer if employees choose to relocate.

Cons

Payroll cuts, Limited nights and weekends off, pressure to sell and make plan. Often very demanding hours. I'd love to see this company stay closed on days such as Christmas Eve to give associates a better quality of life during the holiday. I have worked christmas eve every year for the past 4 years.

More positive coaching to associates, a better work and life balance. Better Store Managers need to be hired, as this is an excellent company to work for, however as any other job, higher management can ruin the experience. A better Ethics and Loss Prevention team should be put into place and both should do regular visits to the stores.

You deal with all types of customers.

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced so you are rarely bored. Great discounts and gratis rewards. At both stores I have worked I have made great connections and friendships with fellow coworkers.

Cons

Retail hours. Depending on the area you work, you can get quite a few rude customers.

Spent over seven years of my career here. Recognized for my efforts with three promotions during my tenure.

Former Employee - Senior Merchant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Merchant in New York, NY

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, values, compensation, and recognition for performance

Cons

Highly iterative environment that can sometimes be disorganized.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!