Victoria's Secret Stores Reviews

Reset
3.3
Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • A great discount to wear what you sell (in 106 reviews)

• So free bras & panties sometimes (in 91 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance for managers (in 79 reviews)

• The fact that they do call in shifts (in 67 reviews)

2,388 Employee Reviews

1. Good part-time work

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time

Pros

Victoria's Secret is a wonderful place to work part time. I worked at 3 stores throughout California over 4 years. Each one had amazing managers and we all worked as a team. Big on team work. One persons success is everyone's success. Good training procedures, lots of team meetings and I liked that they allowed as to purchase products at a reduced rate or given free products so we were confident in what we were selling.

Cons

The moment I started school, I was only taking one class, my hours dropped dramatically! Having an open availability was the only way I could get even 25-30 hrs a week. Taking just 2 mornings off dropped my hours to 16 a week. I know this may have been because they needed someone for those morning hours, but at work I wasn't the only one seeing this change in hrs. Also just before I left the company began implementing a new procedure of documenting how many bra sales and beauty sales each person made a day and began using that to schedule. As part of the sales support team I rarely worked on the floor yet saw my hrs drop because of this new procedure.

Advice to Management

I would just ask management and the company to appreciate the employees working in the stores more. We used to receive free products to review and try out to better our knowledge and then that was taken away and we had to pay 20$ for a new item

Competitive fun workplace!

Current Employee - Selling Supervisor in Jackson, TN
    Current Employee - Selling Supervisor in Jackson, TN

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Monthly gratis, amazing associate discount 30% part time 40% full time. Environment is pleasant and empowering to women. Lots of customer interaction and personal testimonies. Try on activities and education tools are provided to learn the merchandise as well as exclusive trials of new products. All associates start at 10 an hour because of company restructuring.

Cons

Lots of nights and weekends. Sometime long days. People tend to call out a lot so opportunities for extra hours.

3. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Coralville, IA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Coralville, IA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team atmosphere, management is very supportive and encouraging

Cons

Be more transparent with growth opportunities, don't just pick favorites!

5. VS job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Smyrna, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Smyrna, GA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, great managament and great co workers. They worked with school schedules and family occasions.

Cons

The pay wasn't the best and growth is difficult in this company. The hours are terrible, but it is retail and they abide by mall hours.

Advice to Management

Loved management and how they respected employees.

6. Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

positive experience, I was hired seasonally but after two months i was given a hefty raise and they told me they wanted to keep me after the season ended. fast paced so time goes by quickly, hours are convenient for being in college, easy interview, great people to work with

Cons

not a lot of training and then thrown onto the floor one of my managers is really lazy and disappears to the back for 30 minutes at a time and refuses to answer my questions.

Advice to Management

have better training

7. A great place to work

Current Employee - Merchandising Manager
    Current Employee - Merchandising Manager

Pros

Discount PTO Benefits Tuition Reimbursement Takes care of employees

Cons

Rude customers, you'll get that in any retail job though. Have to basically take every return, they need a stricter return policy.

8. Hard work, but love it.

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company takes pretty good care of their employees with the pay, general discount and special monthly discounts. I have learned a lot about customer service and the importance of it from working here. If you want to work a lot of hours, generally you will get them.

Cons

The company and managers expect you to give your arm and leg to the company. Some customers can be rude about how strict the company is with coupons. The company has intensified their selling to customers which can make employees feel pressured and stressed.

Advice to Management

Be more appreciative and sensitive to employees feelings and hard work. Don't tell them what to do or make them feel like their life is on the line when selling.

9. Victoria's Secret

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Cerritos, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Cerritos, CA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great perks! You give personal testimony on products and get great discounts! Also, a great teamwork environment.

Cons

Demanding goals and sometimes unrealistic goals. Not enough coverage to meet demands on the sales floor.

Advice to Management

It helps when everyone is on the same page.

10. Great company

Former Employee - Merchandise Flow Supervisor in Pooler, GA
    Former Employee - Merchandise Flow Supervisor in Pooler, GA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company overall but the upper management could really use some work on how to treat there workers.

Cons

The bonuses are awesome as well as the perks but they are have and awesome program for the AIM program

Advice to Management

Lean how to treat as well as talk to your employees with respect

11. Communication

Pros

Overall a great company to work for, with everyone working to get things done as a group instead of just for themselves.

Cons

In my store I feel like there could be a little more communication and a little more planning on floor sets and holiday events.

Advice to Management

Don't just get upset with a coworker because you asked them to do something and another manager ask them to do them also which fall into communication.

Showing 2,388 of 2,414 reviews