Victoria's Secret Stores

3.3
1,425 Reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 93 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 66 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 56 reviews)

More Highlights

I love it!

Current Employee - Sales Specialist  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Columbus, OH

Pros

First off, Limited Brands is a great company (or L. Brands as they are now called). I love working with and feeling like I actually am helping people, its very rewarding to have someone tell you that something that you have done has literally changed their life... In my store, everyone i work with is so amazing, we have very little drama and its like working with your best friends. The connections you make with customers is also amazing. Bra shopping is a very personal experience and you feel that real connection and trust with our customers and most times they come back and ask to work with you again, I've even had a customer ask for my phone number so that she could text me and make sure i was working every time she planned to come shop with us.

Cons

Well I'm part time so I dont get any benefits or anything but I've worked there for over a year and have yet to become full time, which I have expressed the desire to multiple times. So i feel like, at least in my store, its very hard to move up and grow with the company. I've been told that they would make me full time numerous times and again it has yet to happen... You also get some snooty clientele but i think that's almost everywhere. Sometimes communication between management isn't the best either. Changing your availability can also be difficult, I've known a number of people who have tired and it either got denied or they approved the change and started getting scheduled way less.

My advice to management would be to have better communication between other SLT members and with the associates as well. I would also advise not making empty promises such as telling someone that they would be put into a full time spot and not fulfilling it...

Just Started But I absolutely Love IT!!!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Great Employee Benefits and Staff

Cons

The work/Life Balance is a bit skewed sometimes

Great benefits and opportunity for promotion

Former Employee - Operations and Staffing Supervisor  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Operations and Staffing Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Learn to work as a team, good employee gratis gifts and discounts

Cons

Management drama, somewhat poor compensation for amount of wok as a supervisor

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The experience was ok, the work is hard.

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

The customers are great and the associates

Cons

the work load is great

One year down

Former Employee - Sales Support Associate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

There was a great discount, the people were fun, and there was never a dull moment. Plus, my managers were really great.

Cons

It was paid horribly, and I was never offered a raise. (I was just out of high school, and had very little experience). And I had to work mornings which was not fun. New people all the time, very few people stayed for more than 6 months. I was there for 10.

Make sure to keep up with employees about what they're looking for in their job.

Fun job!

Current Employee - Sales Associate Lingerie
    Current Employee - Sales Associate Lingerie

Pros

Great for a part time/summer job.

Cons

Tough sales goals depending on your location.

its a great company!

Pros

its just an amazing place to work and the team is great

Cons

better management would be nice .

Best managers

Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Every manager I have had at Victoria's Secret has been wonderful. I think about them all the time and miss them. The discounts are pretty nice and I love winning competitions. They certainly recognize good, hard work and award you for it.

Cons

no paid sick leave or overtime. Minimum wage, hard to get full time hours and you will most likely work on holidays.

minimum wage is incredibly difficult to live off of especially when you can't get full time hours.

Flash sales crew

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Pueblo, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pueblo, CO

Pros

Great atmosphere & clear instruction. Wasn't a lot asked but it was easy to do. Would go back for temporary work any day.

Cons

Does not offer full time hours unless you are a manager that is it. Not really any cons.

Keep up the good work.

Experience All Depends on Management

Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Working with lots of people around your age with many of the same interests. I loved getting to participate in shipment processing and see all of the new things come in, and the customers were really fun to connect with and help. It's a fun atmosphere to work in and there are lots of employee perks and discounts.

Cons

There are always going to be difficult customers and co-workers/managers. Our store had great managers at first, but two of them left and were replaced with managers that were sub-par. I ended up leaving the store shortly after, as these managers were no longer as flexible with schedules or as understanding of the work-life-school balance of a college student.

Try to be more understanding of worker's priorities, for many people working a part-time retail job it is not their first priority when they have classes to attend to as well.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!