Victoria's Secret Stores Reviews

Reset
3.3
Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • A great discount to wear what you sell (in 106 reviews)

• So free bras & panties sometimes (in 91 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance for managers (in 79 reviews)

• The fact that they do call in shifts (in 67 reviews)

2,391 Employee Reviews

1. Good part-time work

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time

Pros

Victoria's Secret is a wonderful place to work part time. I worked at 3 stores throughout California over 4 years. Each one had amazing managers and we all worked as a team. Big on team work. One persons success is everyone's success. Good training procedures, lots of team meetings and I liked that they allowed as to purchase products at a reduced rate or given free products so we were confident in what we were selling.

Cons

The moment I started school, I was only taking one class, my hours dropped dramatically! Having an open availability was the only way I could get even 25-30 hrs a week. Taking just 2 mornings off dropped my hours to 16 a week. I know this may have been because they needed someone for those morning hours, but at work I wasn't the only one seeing this change in hrs. Also just before I left the company began implementing a new procedure of documenting how many bra sales and beauty sales each person made a day and began using that to schedule. As part of the sales support team I rarely worked on the floor yet saw my hrs drop because of this new procedure.

Advice to Management

I would just ask management and the company to appreciate the employees working in the stores more. We used to receive free products to review and try out to better our knowledge and then that was taken away and we had to pay 20$ for a new item

2. Sales Specialist

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Reston, VA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

8% Commission of your total monthy sales IF achieve your sales goal throughout the month in addition to your hourly wage, 20% minimum discount on all products plus monthly gratis' on the promotional items, the company is very focused on the education of staff to set you up for success to sell the products, friendly and high energy working environment

Cons

to be successful one must have open availability, hourly wage is always on the lower end of the spectrum,

3. Beauty Sales Associate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, NJ

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time

Pros

Opportunity for growth, first dibs on new products, sales competition within company, flexible hours, felt importance since working as a team, self-confidence booster, management was always respectful and looking after you. If you are mature, hardworking, goal oriented, patient, and have attention to detail and problem solving skills, this is a great job for you. Being passionate about the products is also a plus for interviews, and it will help the day be easier as well, especially when working events. The team here have a lot of culture and values and it's like one big family which is something important to me.

Cons

Like every retail job, you will experience hard-to-please customers and at times you may feel a little bit overwhelmed based on how many customers are in the store at once. This is the only con I can think of, which is a small price to pay compared to the pros.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. This is the best job experience I've ever had. Your professionalism, organization, passion, and hard work really shows off.

5. VS

Pros

Fun environment and learn a lot about the overall success of a store.

Cons

Bad hours, lots of hours, and minimal pay.

Competitive fun workplace!

Current Employee - Selling Supervisor in Jackson, TN
    Current Employee - Selling Supervisor in Jackson, TN

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Monthly gratis, amazing associate discount 30% part time 40% full time. Environment is pleasant and empowering to women. Lots of customer interaction and personal testimonies. Try on activities and education tools are provided to learn the merchandise as well as exclusive trials of new products. All associates start at 10 an hour because of company restructuring.

Cons

Lots of nights and weekends. Sometime long days. People tend to call out a lot so opportunities for extra hours.

7. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Coralville, IA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Coralville, IA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team atmosphere, management is very supportive and encouraging

Cons

Be more transparent with growth opportunities, don't just pick favorites!

8. VS job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Smyrna, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Smyrna, GA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, great managament and great co workers. They worked with school schedules and family occasions.

Cons

The pay wasn't the best and growth is difficult in this company. The hours are terrible, but it is retail and they abide by mall hours.

Advice to Management

Loved management and how they respected employees.

9. A great place to work

Current Employee - Merchandising Manager
    Current Employee - Merchandising Manager

Pros

Discount PTO Benefits Tuition Reimbursement Takes care of employees

Cons

Rude customers, you'll get that in any retail job though. Have to basically take every return, they need a stricter return policy.

10. Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

positive experience, I was hired seasonally but after two months i was given a hefty raise and they told me they wanted to keep me after the season ended. fast paced so time goes by quickly, hours are convenient for being in college, easy interview, great people to work with

Cons

not a lot of training and then thrown onto the floor one of my managers is really lazy and disappears to the back for 30 minutes at a time and refuses to answer my questions.

Advice to Management

have better training

11. Victoria's Secret

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Cerritos, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Cerritos, CA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great perks! You give personal testimony on products and get great discounts! Also, a great teamwork environment.

Cons

Demanding goals and sometimes unrealistic goals. Not enough coverage to meet demands on the sales floor.

Advice to Management

It helps when everyone is on the same page.

Showing 2,391 of 2,417 reviews