Victoria's Secret Stores Reviews

Reset
3.3
Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • A great discount to wear what you sell (in 106 reviews)

• So free bras & panties sometimes (in 91 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance for managers (in 79 reviews)

• The fact that they do call in shifts (in 67 reviews)

2,381 Employee Reviews

1. Nice place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Analyst in Columbus, OH

Pros

no.1 fashion brand in the world, lots of benefits including deep employee discount

Cons

Columbus location (not so attractive to singles)

Advice to Management

Nice job!

Victoria's Secret was a great place work at..

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Newark, DE

Pros

Great salary. Excellent bonuses and perks. Very supportive District Manager and regional Vice - President. My Staff was very supportive and hard working.

Cons

The hours were long. Other managers were power hungry and very disrespectful and mean to p/t associates.

Advice to Management

Treat your associates the way you want to be treated. Be consistent and remember everyone has a life outside of the store, not only you.

3. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

The best reason to work for Victoria's Secret stores is the discount at all of the stores operated by Limited Brands. These stores include stores commonly found in most malls such as Express, Limited, Limited Too, Bath and Body Works and Henry Bendel. Victoria's Secret also provides their employees with discounted or free merchandise, which is usually the newest bra. They have a very great management team and employees want to work together in order to sell more and promote their sales and culture. Overall, Victoria's Secret Stores is a great place to work and most people like it too.

Cons

Some of the downsides of working at Victoria's Secret Stores are downsides common to most retail type stores. Employees working in a retail location with direct contact with the general public have to interact with customers on a daily basis who are sometimes not always friendly. Also, since it is a retail position, the hours can be unpredictable and conflict with the times that most other people are off of work enjoying their leisure time. On the other hand, this could be a perk for someone who is in school or looking for another job to supplement their existing income.

Advice to Management

If I were to give advice to senior management of Victoria's Secret Stores, I would advise them to continue running their stores the way they are.

5. It's a great first job and there's a lot of friendly people.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

Pros

It's great for a first job and the people are great! Closing time is actually more work, but it's fun.

Cons

It's very rushed, but that's how you make the sales.

Advice to Management

I honestly don't know much about the senior management to give advice. Everything seems just fine the way it is.

6. Victoria's Secret Review

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Sales Lead in Burlington, VT

Pros

I love working for Victoria's Secret. The company is very well organized with streamlined, efficient business operations. The company has a lot of brand power and has achieved success in commanding control in the industry. Victoria's Secret has trully established itself in a niche market and will not show any signs of declining any time soon. The brand itself exudes a lifestyle that makes any woman feel fabulous and appreciated every day. The company really stands behind every product they produce, and ensure that nothing is put out to the sales floor until it has reached perfection. Victoria's Secret really knows their products and their client base thoroughly, and is constantly seeking to improve the in-store client experience. The company treats their employees very well because they know we are their key to success. The company is also very generous with employee gratis and option to buy products. This allows associates to try the products for free or for a very low price to provide personal testimony to the clients.

Cons

The pay is not fantastic. Although it is pretty standard for a retail store, the wages are relatively low for standard of living. The company is very good about giving you very small incremental raises over long periods of time. However, it is not easy to earn performance based bonuses or pay increases which takes away from performance incentives. There is also not much opportunity for advancement. Within a given Victoria;s Secret store, the highest position is store manager. There are also district and regional managers etc., however there is very little opportunity for advancement within the company from the stores. More opportunities exist from Victoria's Secret Direct.

Advice to Management

I would encourage more performance based bonuses. The company recently implemented an associate reward program which gives employees reward dollars for good performance, however the system is not yet effectively running, and may still need tweaking.

7. Is a great place to work to build your customer service skills

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

You get a great employee discount. I love how classy VS is compared to other lingerie stores. Also, my co-workers are extremely friendly and helpful.

Cons

It's hard to be knowledgeable of all the products, especially since they get new lines/products very often, so its hard to stay up to date. Sometimes the customers are rude.

Advice to Management

To provide more knowledge on the products and cover all of the upcoming sales.

8. Great Company, Very Well-Run

Pros

This company is great to work for. They are very organized and well-run. The store meetings are always very engaging and interactive, while helping the associates learn at the same time.

Cons

Minimum wage pay is below pay for other similar jobs. Associate reviews are given only once a year so if you start working for the company right after the cut-off date for a review, it could take almost two years to get a review (with possibly a raise or promotion). Long hours.

Advice to Management

Some management is not as well educated as others in a management position. Use more incentives for better employee performance (such as extra break time, gift cards, etc.).

9. Vickys

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Great place to work. It was exciting, fast paced and entertaining. Definitely a place where you would want to work at if you love sales.

Cons

The only con i had while working here were the on call shifts. You cant plan on doing anything because you might have to go in to work, but some times you might not.

Advice to Management

I thought management was doing a good job while i worked there. Everyone was pretty knowledgeable about the products and the company.

Victoria's Secret

Current Employee - Salaried Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Salaried Manager in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

After reading some of the reviews, I was disappointed and wanted to post my own. I'm a 4 year employee and absolutely love the company. I've worked for 3 different stores in 2 different states. My favorite thing about the company is the values. It is such an amazing company to work for and they really take good care of their associates. In addition to that, we are also given gratis products, a great discount, and as a salaried member of leadership- benefits, insurance, and retirement. They offer a fast paced environment with opportunity for advancement. Another thing I love about this company is if you want to relocate to another area, the whole transfer process runs very smoothly.

Cons

I had to think on this for a minute and the only thing I could come up with is contingency brand guides and last minute promos. Sometimes when it comes to floor moves and marketing decisions, it seems to be very last minute. It's never any major moves.. and it's a problem that can be easy to overcome...just check your store mail and octel every few hours.

Advice to Management

Again, after reading the reviews posted before mine, I was disappointed, but also glad to see that none of them came from my area. As a personal reflection, and also something I'd like to offer as advice is maybe for the management teams to just take a step back and really slow down and focus on our associates this season. We all talked about this at brand conference... happy associates = happy customers

11. Victoria's Secret

Current Employee - Bra Associate/Former Sales Lead in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Bra Associate/Former Sales Lead in Gilbert, AZ

Pros

ALWAYS given the opportunity to move up with the company. It is an equal opportunity to all associates that is never overlooked, and this is what I really love about my job. It does matter if you are working hard. Helping clients feel good and leave happy. Great hours. Never have to worry about that. Motivating environment with constant coaching, and manager to associate updates. Flexible hours. If you have random availability it would probably work out because they are open weekends, holidays, morning to night. Free stuff, or gratis !!! They treat us well :) A colorful fashion forward environment with stuff that I love wearing myself so I can relate very well.

Cons

Very little actually kind of funny, but when I am on the floor I am constantly looked at like being on a stage, and I cannot reach over and get a drink whenever I want like when you are at a desk job. This is something you could easily overcome though. Being on my feet 24/7... again can overcome unless you love your desk job. LOL.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work ! Your great work would be the fact that you put yourself into associates shoes by selling on the floor yourself. By doing this you can keep yourself updated on any new opportunities, or strengths that you see coming into the store. Selling on the floor every now and then will help you stay knowledgeable when you go to coach other floor associates. You are putting yourself in the associates shoes by doing what they have to do everyday, and this will help you understand them more when you go to coach them. You now have more potential to help them. Thank you for narrowing the manager to associate gap ! That would be the key to our successful store !!! I feel appreciated :)

Showing 2,381 of 2,407 reviews