Victoria's Secret Stores

3.3
1,465 Reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 93 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 66 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 56 reviews)

More Highlights

Working there is fun, but extremely demanding.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

The best part is the gratis you get. You get a 30% discount on all items. Gratis usually happens once a month and it can range from a free bra to a free sample of perfume. Another plus is the friendships you make. The people you work with become some of your best friends and it is very easy to fit in. Scheduling is pretty flexible, if you need time off you just put the dates in a week ahead of time.

Cons

The worst part is the professionalism in the store. Most managers will gossip and are very catty towards each other and sales associates. There is little communication between managers and it will affect you at some point. You are expected to sale $300 an hour every hour, and when you go beyond that all you get is a pat on the back. Lastly its very easy to get pushed around, you will be asked to stay late almost every shift and they will toss you around rooms like nothing.

You deal with all types of customers.

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced so you are rarely bored. Great discounts and gratis rewards. At both stores I have worked I have made great connections and friendships with fellow coworkers.

Cons

Retail hours. Depending on the area you work, you can get quite a few rude customers.

Great Company

Current Employee - Bra Specialist
    Current Employee - Bra Specialist

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Chances to advance within the company, great employee loyalty, a chance to receive benefits depending on your hours.

Cons

work-life balance, compensation, depending on the area (the customer base)

Really consider the talent under your belt.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Retail Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible scheduling, Decent Pay, Emphasis on training associates and maintaining skills throughout employment. Great discounts when new products are launched and free beauty samples. The management is invested in each associate, and hard work doesn't go unnoticed. There is continual training to ensure each associate is up to date with brand standards and to provide clients with a seamless and consistent experience in every store. Online scheduling and taking time off is both a pro and con, great system but must request time off three weeks in advance. Great culture and values.

Cons

Some stores have little to no room for higher career opportunities, also if sales goals are not met, associate hours can be cut on short notice. There is no commission, but there is sales tracking, and if you do not meet set 'sales per associate hour' you will not get as many hours as others who are exceeding their SPAH.

Victoria's Secret

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Marietta, GA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

great work environment, upbeat, returning customers had favorite associates, flexible scheduling, nice discount.

Cons

always working the holidays, hard to much up into higher positions, low wage, early (6am) or very late (1am) hours

Best overall experience in retail!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong focus on running your own business. A lot of tools to utilize for virtually any area of focus (too many at times!). Work/ life balance is the best you will find in retail. Reward top performers. Met great people along the way. Allowed to recruit hire and staff from top to bottom.

Cons

For a multi-billion dollar company you would think they would look into better protecting their assets. Shrink is out of control in most stores, and they only look internally, as if external doesn't happen. No camera system, no prosecution. Expected to "control your business" yet if it was my own business, I'd invest in tools to help me protect my product. Inventory is done by outside companies that can't even count and constantly screw up, yet continue to come back again and again. No control over your inventory - no idea what you own or what you are missing. Inventories are closed before you have a chance to review and make corrections, and have shrink percentages held over your head, even when they are wrong. Previous DM played favorites and it was frustrating and fellow store managers could be extremely caddy. If you keep your head down, smile, and do what they ask, you'll be fine - but be careful with what type of ideas or comments you share that "go against the grain" because you can very easily fall out of good graces. No support from a regional level, unless it's to come once every six months to wipe their fingers on your fixtures checking for dust. Customers are some of the most demanding I've ever seen in the 10 years I've been in retail management, and customer relations pretty much gives into every whim, making us look like the bad guys. Sometimes I have to wonder if I'm working for a high end brand or a discount store with the way customers demand and expect to use multiple coupons or return ratty, old lingerie and expect a full refund or brand new exchange.

Start looking into how to better support stores with shrink and start cracking down on repeat offenders instead of all but handing them a shopping bag to steal. Saying "hi" and trying to help them doesn't work all the time, especially when they KNOW how easy it is to steal in our stores because we do NOTHING. Fellow retailers call police for petty theft and guess what- they dont come back again. Its embarassing to have loss prevention from other stores bring back product from shoplifters they were allowed to apprehend. Cameras in all stores would protect them both externally and internally - it may cost a lil money, but the money you would save from theft and sales you would gain from actually owning the product in stores might offset cost...and gauging by the amount of money you spend on marketing that gets thrown away, you might be able to find it easily.

Extremely fast paced, great morning hours, great managers

Current Employee - Stock Associate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Stock Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

The hours for shipment are extremely early so I have the rest of the day to have to myself. I usually work 5-12 shifts.

Cons

I almost always work past my scheduled shift time and it is kind of expected of all shipment employees to stay late if shipment hours exceed the number of hours scheduled. Also, I chose shipment for the morning hours but at least twice a week I'm scheduled throughout the day and even to close but I guess that's expected in retail. There really is no room to move up in the company, if there is an available higher position, they almost always hire from outside the store.

Loved it

Former Employee - Fashion Representative  in  Grapevine, TX
    Former Employee - Fashion Representative in Grapevine, TX

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Loved everything about this store. It was such a fun place to work.

Cons

I did not like certain managers. Early morning meetings.

I loved every minute of working there!

Former Employee - Co-Manager  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workers, great product, fun times.

Cons

When we got a horrible district manager the environment became very sad.

Hire more educated people.

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity for lots of hours, many shifts to choose from, some of the management is really great.

Cons

Very caddy women, schedule when you asked off, strict dress code.

Respect your associates and they will respect you.

Victoria's Secret Stores Photos

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!