Victoria's Secret Stores

3.3
1,467 Reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 93 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 66 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 56 reviews)

More Highlights

Loved it

Former Employee - Fashion Representative  in  Grapevine, TX
    Former Employee - Fashion Representative in Grapevine, TX

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Loved everything about this store. It was such a fun place to work.

Cons

I did not like certain managers. Early morning meetings.

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity for lots of hours, many shifts to choose from, some of the management is really great.

Cons

Very caddy women, schedule when you asked off, strict dress code.

Respect your associates and they will respect you.

Great Vibes, Great Benefits

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

My experience comes from Houston-Galleria VS. I was originally hired seasonal but if your schedule is flexible enough they usually keep you if you're a reliable worker. This was my first job and they were flexible with my college schedule. I was hired part-time but was often hitting anywhere from 30-38 hours a week. Great job if you like getting all dolled up. New employees get a $15 bra of their choice and 10 panties of their choice for $26. Every month you'll also get an employee gratis. Most consist of $15 bras, sometimes free with a try on and feedback, free lipgloss, free body mist, 50% off 5 VSX items when new styles are released, etc. Managers are great and have great relationships with their co-workers, no one is unsatisfied with their manager. Galleria work often busy especially when they're Free items with purchase with is great, more business means more scheduled hours for you!

Cons

Schedules are never consistent they change every week. Sometimes you'll work 10am-6pm or 2-close 4-close. If they don't make their segments you'll get days off or only work for about 4 hours so your paycheck varies every 2 weeks.

I love their energy. Due do high velocity days, rude customers or theft they sometimes have bad days but they're never disrespectful to employees. Close relationships with managers isn't uncommon, everyone becomes like family.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great! But not listened to by all staff members

Current Employee - Sales Support Associate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free gratis each month, good discount, low stress, and flexible schedule.

Cons

Not always heard by other associates.

Hold everyone to the same standards especially in regards to the back room.

Basic Retail Job

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendships and teamwork are fostered, the people are really what makes this company great. Some perks are the discount (30% for associates, 40%+ for managers), free products a few times a year (generally a bra that is being launched), deeply discounted products each month (sometimes a bra and panty set for $15, Pink bra, panty, and shirt for $20, Beauty for 70% off etc), incentive products for launches (employee only water bottles, blankets, umbrellas, etc) and early awareness of sales and promotions. This is a good job for college students as the hours are flexible though the more open you are the more hours you will get.

Cons

Unless you are a Manager, everything is part-time. Pay can be stagnated at times, some girls who have worked with the company for years are making less per hour than the new hires. Promotions are difficult to get unless you have totally open availability and no outside commitments such as young children or a second job.

VS

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

loved the managers and coworkers, got free bras

Cons

Hours were too inconsistent... sometimes I would be closing every single night for three weeks in a row and then other times I wouldn't be listed on the schedule for two weeks...

Great brand to work for.

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast atmosphere.
    Great brand.
    Great work force.

Cons

Lousy management who rides success of employees.
    About 3/4 of the staff is always pursuing a college education with a more promising future than their managers.
    Managers make you nervous with their lack of ownership of their job of simple obstacles.

Develop a detailed information talent system to understand the talent in your company across the board to build a better structure for high performance culture.

Just Started But I absolutely Love IT!!!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Employee Benefits and Staff

Cons

The work/Life Balance is a bit skewed sometimes

Coworkers can make all the difference, but overall, pretty neutral experience.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount, obviously. My underwear drawer is FLAWLESS now. Relatively fast-paced environment, so your shift passes pretty quickly.

Cons

On a few different occasions, I was expected to close the store and open it the next day as well. Coworkers can get a little clique-y, and the managers definitely play favorites, which can get annoying when it comes to scheduling. Often didn't get as many hours as I would've liked.

Fun team, underpaid for what is expected of you

Current Employee - Bra Specialist
    Current Employee - Bra Specialist

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun staff, all of the girls get along, no one slacks off.
    Everyone has fun but we are also able to get our work done and give excellent customer service.
    There is definitely room for growth, if you show interest and work hard.

Cons

Low pay, management sometimes seems less than genuine.
    Lots of pressure to up-sell and open credit cards, makes it hard to meet what is expected without bothering customers.

Scheduling is beyond horrible, there are no consistent shifts, you might not work all week and then they'll make you work terrible hours on the weekend, for several weeks.
    There are also on-call shifts, which are good for people who need more hours, but makes it impossible to plan your day, you may say no to going to a family event or plans with friends just to find out an hour before that they do not need you at work.

More consistent training, compaired to places ive worked at in the past, training wasnt the best at victorias secret.
    I understand that it is busy, but its horrible to penalize an employee for doing something wrong when they were not given any direction.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!