Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.2 1,380 reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney

Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 93 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 66 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 56 reviews)

More Highlights
1,380 Employee Reviews

The best place to work, shop, and experience

Operations and Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsIts the ultimate feminine shopping experience. Working at Victoria's Secret is a dream come true. Fabulous co-workers, passionate leadership teams, and so many free goodies and buy ins. It is so easy to move up, they love promoting from within and are always looking for ways to grow.

ConsIn some positions, its hard to maintain a work-life balance. Employees are so achievement driven that they forget life exists outside of work.

Manager

Store Manager (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

Prosbenefits and discounts. company wellness program

ConsNo work life balance, Stringent guidelines when merchandising

Great place to work.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone is friendly and willing to help out with most any situation. Customers are usually appreciative of your work helping them. Rewarding job.

ConsSometimes not enough communication from the several managers. Can be opportunities for advancement, but not always fair.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

cool

Prosit was a fun place to work. Management was cool and so were the other workers.

Consit can get very busy during the holidays

"management will decide the experience you get"

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

Proslots of gratis. Free and very low priced select merchandise, very flexible schedule, discount, are taught how to give amazing customer service, good company values.

Conslong hours, if you have bad management team it won't be fun

Advice to Senior Managementcare about your employees

Overwhelming

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree items every now and then
    Meet a ton of new people

ConsSometimes understaffed. and that can be very overwhelming. Especially around Holiday season

Great part-time college job.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Auburn, AL

ProsThe company's core values align with my own. Monthly employee gratis were great too.

ConsVictoria's Secret lacks when it comes to promoting from within. Bringing in an outside manager brought frustrations from original employees that could have been avoided.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within! Also, if you expect us to SELL SELL SELL a specific bra, you're going to have to offer a better incentive than a test tube of an old perfume.

Not a great place to work

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Queens Village, NY

ProsWhen I worked there, it was a 30 %off discount. Not sure if that changed.

ConsExpected too much for low pay, I used to do the job of three employees (cashier, stock associate and sales), long hours, little recognition if any.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare for your best employees, it not easy finding good hard workers now a days.. They will for sure make your job easier.

Great Learning experience, not so great environment

Cashier (Current Employee)

ProsLearning what customer service was, how to get to customers efficiently and effectively. Learned to work in a high volume store. Made a lot of friends and personal connections.

ConsVery few promotion opportunities. Hours are super scarce in the summertime. Went from about 32 during winter to about 10 during the summer with open availability. Pay isn't great for the work you do. Only 1 raise during the year.. only 32 cents? Not enough encouragement to the staff. Managers need to stop freaking out at the littlest things.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better with your stores. Hiring people when the shifts are going to get iffy isn't a great idea.
    Find a way to encourage the staff. There is not enough giving back to the people that pay your bills.
    Figure out a better way to handle shop lifting. FIX things when they are broken including the sensor scanners at the front of the door. Pay people more. Stop changing management!

Hard work, Minimal pay

Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsFlexible hours because they have very early shifts, or very late shifts. You will be albe to work super early in the morning before your day starts or super late at night after teh store is closed.

ConsNot an adequate wage for the amount of work

Advice to Senior ManagementStop working the employees so hard, breaks are a legal right, not an amenity.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!