Victoria's Secret Stores

3.3
1,465 Reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 93 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 66 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 56 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Company

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

Fun to work with, incentives are good

Cons

not enough hours until the holidays

Fun...at first.

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good incentives
    Pretty good buy-ins every month
    Most employees are nice people
    The opportunity to advance within the company, depending on your manager and the store you work at

Cons

LOTS of management changes, managers come and go as much as new associates and the associate turnover rate is uncomfortably high.
    Not nearly enough pay for the huge workload. Management brags about how well they are paid while associates are barely making it and many are juggling multiple jobs and/or school.
    Hours are often cut even though there is usually not enough coverage.
    Lots of robberies
    Customers get away with ANY and EVERYTHING
    Managers often play favorites

Great experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Rockaway, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rockaway, NJ

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great first job and exposure to retail sales, marketing, customer service and great work culture. Store Managers are supportive and provide opportunity for career growth.

Cons

Pay is on the lower end and some stores make it difficult to work with other employees especially some assistant managers and product specialists are sometimes overly critical of new employees.

Focus on making the employee feel appreciated and address some assistant managers on how to create an environment that is nurturing for new employees and talent.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Some parts enjoyable, other parts not so much.

Former Employee - High Velocity Sales Associate  in  Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - High Velocity Sales Associate in Milpitas, CA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Depending on which VS you work at, the girls/guys you work with can be very pleasant and fun to be around. I worked at the Great Mall location and everybody there was nice. To my face at least. The managers were also pleasant. Working at any retail store, you experience some sucky, snobby, just plain rude people, and it was no different here. However, there were also people who came in and made your day just by being considerate and who you were actually able to help. You always had something to do, which I like. Whether it was helping customers, replenishing/recovering the merchandise, etc., you were always pretty busy. Overall, it's really not a bad place to work. It could be much worse.

Cons

You get paid minimum wage, no commission. I hated being asked the same "warm-up" questions everyday by the managers. Rude customers (but you can't really get away from that anywhere you work, unfortunately). At times it did feel very much like high school. There were cliques and rumors and smack-talking behind people's backs. I avoided all of this as much as possible but you still catch wind of it when you're in the break room. The "on-call" system is annoying. You don't know if they're going to make you come jn until 2 hours before the shift is supposed to start. It makes it hard to make plans of any sort. Plus if you're closing on any given night and they keep your on-call (which is usually an extra 1.5-2 hours on your shift), you'll be getting out 15 minutes to an hour later than when the shift is over. You still get paid for that time of course but it's just an inconvenience. There are a few other annoyances about working at VS but these are the main ones.

Revolving door or management.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Manchester, NH

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

The energy and mood of the building/company was always phenomenal. When working with the right manager the segments and shifts were fun, full of excitement and great opportunities to learn.

Cons

The management was nothing but a revolving door. Seems as if AIM graduates were not actually considered for management roles after all. It seemed to be about who you were friends with. Honesty was a problem with management, it was very easy for personal issues or problems within the store to leak out to sales associates. Associates were put on the hot seat for things going wrong with the back room or processing but it never seemed to be the managements fault, only the associates.

Dont post drunk pictures on social media if you want associates to respect you.

You'll have fun at first but soon get tired of the BS.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Metairie, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

30% discount is nice, depending on how well your store does you can get free stuff sometimes, can occasionally be fun

Cons

management has no clue what they are doing sometimes, people that work their don't care enough about the company succeeding and are lazy, staying at the store until 2-3am sometimes trying to fold panties and put everything back in order and then having to come in early the next morning, call in system means if you are on call you have to call them two hours before you go in to see if they need you to be there that day or not, they don't like giving any employees full time no matter what position you have

Better associate reviews need to be done, and done continuously. Also there is not enough employee recognition.

Not the best, but there's definitely room for improvement!

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier  in  Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time

Pros

The clientele are usually easy (and fun!) to work with. The company truly wants every employee to succeed and always recognizes those who go above and beyond.

Cons

Managers are ALWAYS pushing for more sales, more bras, more credit, more beauty, and it gets absolutely draining. There is so much pressure put on us to perform quickly and efficiently, yet still make the client happy. We have ladies trying to get our attention at every turn, yet we've just started helping out another. We try our hardest to make the day's goals only to find the managers in the office talking to each other. Associates who put in enough effort to make visible and obvious contributions to daily goals need to be paid accordingly.

There are some managers who are absolutely unfair and outright mean. It makes us dread going to work everyday because we get bullied (yes, I said bullied). I've seen other associates get yelled at, cry, and even quit because of this, yet it's STILL an issue. We can only take so much.

I love PINK but management does too much favoritism.

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Orlando, FL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

The environment is laid back, fun, super comfy .
    The perks are the discount and the free stuff. As well your coworkers. You all pretty much become family.

Cons

Management can be strict when asking for time off.
    Too much favoritism.
    Too much micromanagement.

Stop micromanaging and favoritism!!!

No work life balance

Current Employee - SLT  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - SLT in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful Stores Great Discount MY team in MY store is great!

Cons

lack of support from "home office"
    no support to ensure job is as desgined

Love the company and job. Hate the pay

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Williamsburg, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Williamsburg, VA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice atmosphere and company, excellent store and peers.

Cons

Very low pay and will probably be my reason for leaving.

Pay your employees enough to compete with other stores in the area

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!