Victoria's Secret Stores

3.3
1,553 Reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 103 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 88 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 76 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 64 reviews)

More Highlights

Its Alright

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Redmond, WA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun work place, easy to make friends. Great Discount and perks!

Cons

Work drama, bad communication between management

Leave drama and cattiness at home

Depends on your viewpoint...

Current Employee - Staffing Supervisor in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Staffing Supervisor in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Great discount
    -Gratis items
    -Supportive team
    -Fun environment

Cons

-Horrible customers
    -Not allowed to have opinions different from management
    -Corporate can make decisions on a whim and not tell you why
    -High stress/pressure to perform
    -No weekends/holidays off unless you request them or have a good manager

Allow employees to share their thoughts! You say you want feedback, but the minute we say something (even managers to other managers) you cut us off or shut down our idea. Saying "Yes, but actually, our way is better because.." isn't listening! Also, tell corporate to go back to the hole from which they came, they honestly have no idea what's going on in stores and we should have the courage to tell them.

Temporary Fix

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy to get hired. 30% Discount. After bra certification, easier to get hours. Free and discounted product every month. Positive experience directly connected to the people who work there. It is easy to build a family.

Cons

Not good for people seeking higher pay or promotions. Hark work acknowledged but not necessarily rewarded. Prejudiced towards people seeking careers. Part-time works will be worked full-time hours if available. Because the girls are so close, people are protective of each other. Attacking one is attacking everyone. When one person is mistreated everyone is upset.

Listen to your associates or they will quit. Be respectful of the fact that you have students working for you. Elevated positions require too much for the amount they are compensated.

Have no clue whats going on

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sexy Brand, Good discounts, Hot women

Cons

Cattiness, lack of professionalism, Back biting, slow moving

Fire the CEO!

unreasonable scheduling practices

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Orlando, FL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

employee discount in store & with company partner stores
    dress code simple, professional & flattering

Cons

scheduling practices require employees to call in & see if they will need to come in & work the time set for them; they may or may not, depending on how busy the store is, at the time they call in-this is unfair to the employees & unreasonable - a schedule should be just that; not a "maybe, we'll see, but you reserve your time for us, just in case we want you"
    pay scale is right above minimum pay; when combined with their scheduling practices, it makes for a very unappealing pay situation

get rid of the scheduling hoopla

Overall good experience

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hampton, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hampton, GA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved getting a gratis just about once every month to get the latest bra for $15 , free- $3 panties, and new fragrances. I racked up a lot of bras over the past years. The hours as a core associate were fairly decent and overall was a great environment to work in.

Cons

Folding panties all night was the worst part of the job! All the panty tables and panty drawers had to be 100% every night, meaning each panty has to be folded individually and color coded to ROY G BIV. It was usually hectic throughout the day so closers would typically be stuck doing about 85% of the panties.

Stop playing favorites and every once in a while try to actually manage instead of being in the office talking to your beau. Also, when setting goals for others (like credit) it helps associates to see that you're actually working hard to achieve your own credit goals as well.

Great experience, excellent track career pating of employees but low pay scale.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Rio Rancho, NM
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Rio Rancho, NM

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Provided extensive support and guidance to succeed.

Cons

Pay scale was not competitive with market, it was much lower.

Review market.

Working at Victoria's Secret

Former Employee - Bra Specialist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Bra Specialist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to meet wonderful crazy youngsters like yourself and they really make it a fun environment. Training with every new product that comes out. For beauty products, you get a super small sample and for bras and panties you get to buy them at 15$ a pop. Being at the cashwrap during season is super fun.

Cons

Some managers were as old as you and obviously did not have much experience making them lazy and disrespectful. The hourly wage is appalling even if it is retail and the hours are sometimes too much. I may sound prissy and like Im complaining but it wasn't until I left this job that I found out how an employee should be treated.

Respect your employees. Again, managers were like your classmates and super annoying and if there was a guy that worked there they would be all over him. The store manager was very nice and she was fair. Her name was Lori and neither I nor my ex fellow employees had any problems with her. She is now the District Manager.

Great for someone who loves early mornings!!

Former Employee - Facilities Associate in Clinton Township, MI
    Former Employee - Facilities Associate in Clinton Township, MI

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Discount
    only a 4 hour shift
    got off work at 10am
    set hours
    4 days a week
    good pay
    nice managers

Cons

having to be to work at 6 am and earlier during holidays
    working Saturday and Sunday at 6 am while everyone else sleeps in
    having to clean while others where there watching you
    not having the right working material at all times to do your job
    some of the girls you can tell act like your just the "cleaning person"

I honestly thing management was GREAT! I had no problems, and they were all super friendly and nice. Always checked up on me to make sure i was doing okay, always asked if i needed anything. The job just wasn't for me, i wasn't in the position of where i needed to be working, i just did it for extra money to have. Im not one who likes to be up at 5 am on the weekends. Thats just me. But over all it was a really good job, it wasn't hard by any means, you were always kept busy, the 4 hours went by in a blink of an eye. You do feel accomplished when your leaving work and the store looks spotless and you know that you did all of that yourself. I think that for someone who doesn't mind working weekends and working mornings , you like short shifts, being kept busy with a checklist and ABOVE average pay then this would be the job for you. If you do not like waking up in the mornings don't even think that this job would be good. because thats what i thought, i was like ok 4 hour shifts, get off work at 10 am i can handle waking up at 5 am to be to work. It got draining for me and just didn't work out!

Fast paced, ever changing, great learning experience, very very hard work and the numbers are never good enough.

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The discount is a plus. The majority of the products are great and the people you meet and most you work with are great too.

Cons

Pay is below average to average.
    Retail is grueling no matter what you're selling and VS is no different. You're on your feet from the minute you get there until you leave (with the except of a brief break.) The mandatory restrictions of taking no time off during the 'blackout' period - typically Nov. through over Valentine's Day and again during the June semi-annual sale - doesn't leave much work-life balance.
    Constant (hourly) sales readings from the register to see the breakdown of just how many bras, etc., have been sold and calculating how many more you need to sell to meet your personal goal for the day leaves you feeling like you must be pushy to meet your quota. And don't forget the 'add on'!
    Always pressure to do more, sell more, straighten more .... never ending. Little time to enjoy what you were excited to do when you first came to work there.

Leadership are running the business exactly how they have been running it for years and will continue to do so. A few Glassdoor reviews won't change a thing.

Victoria's Secret Stores Photos