Victory Packaging

Add Photos

Ben Samuels

Growing Packaging Company

I have been working at Victory Packaging full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFast growing packaging distribution company with large foot prints in North America that equates to job security and potential for advancement. Company is diversifying into other markets outside of distribution. Been a private & family company, they're able to make quick business decision and cut through some of the red tapes.

ConsOverwork & Underpay - Unless you're in Sales. Somewhat unorganized trying to keep up with sales growth. Most employees are stretched thin.

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone is overworked. No quality of life. Employees needs more help. Please get them help. Recessions is over. The exponential growth is great. But employees are exhausted. They can no longer continue to wears multiple hats and works 10-14 hours days. Needs better & more communications from senior management to trickle down to all sites besides new business win and some salesman won a trip

Great family owned business!

Houston, TX

I have been working at Victory Packaging full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI believe that Victory cares about the employees and their career within the company. There is room for growth and in my four years with the company I have learned a lot and can take that knowlege with me to better myself if I ever decide to leave the company. I have enjoyed working for this company and have great coworkers. Victory has had some growing pains, but nothing negative worth speaking of. I think Victory really does care about everyone in the company. Ben Samuels (owner) is a really good, caring person that tries hard to move the company forward in a postive way.

ConsNo sick days, that is probably the only negative I can speak of.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees equally.

Used to be an okay place to work, now really horrible.

Purchasing Agent (Former Employee)
Aurora, IL

I worked at Victory Packaging full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere were some decent people who worked there for very little appreciation. Unfortunately, most of them are gone now.

ConsNever had I worked for a place where I had to spend so much time watching my back.

That said, this company did not appreciate its long term employees, people who put in long hours to get it through the 2001 recession found themselves without jobs when the 2008 recession hit because, heck, those college kids will work for peanuts!

Management is a 'Good Old Boy" network. Long term employees were often let go or demoted to provide positions for relatives.

Employees who had medical issues were frequently manuevered out of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoyalty is a two-way street.

Just because someone was a good salesman does not make him a manager.

Good Ole Boy Network

Fulfillment Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Victory Packaging full-time for more than a year

ProsIts a paycheck, not much, but enough to pay your bills ...and if youre lucky youll have a good supporting cast.

ConsIf your not part of the Network, you wont succeed here, the pay is horrendous whilst upper management brags about how profitable the company is, need approval from the CEO to hire $10/hour employes and usually takes nearly 2 months to hire them,, GMs cant make a decision without consulting with their "buddies", and they are the most unethical group to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to this "network" is like giving advice to the mob.

RUN don't walk away from this company

Sales (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Victory Packaging full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThere are some very talented people working for this company that truly care about the company and its continued existence.

ConsIf you are part of the good old boys club at Victory, you are golden and can do no wrong. Otherwise good luck. Not the same as when Vic was around.

Advice to Senior ManagementBen Samuels is a very intelligent individual who relies on Bob Egan to chart the path for growth within the company. Bob could care less about any one individual, and would sell his own mother in order to help himself.

WOW

Sales (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Victory Packaging full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany has great ideas with the direction that the company is trying to go. Victory is trying to remain competitive..

ConsManagement needs help with people skills. Lacks training program. Management also needs training on how to implement the vision of Victory/

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove people skills.

Vanguard

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Victory Packaging

ProsThe company has some good forklift and truck drivers

ConsThe management training program is a complete waste of time and is poorly managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementLay more people off
Sell company to private equity
?????
Profit!!!!

No Commitment to Professional Growth and Local Branches has no real power

Sales Executive (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Victory Packaging

ProsIf you are good at presenting your self and salary negotiations they will pay well. Victory also is good about supporting a healthy work life balance.

ConsNo training program that fosters vertical advancement. The branches are micro managed through the company's president. You'll receive little support.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

No longer a company that cares about its employees

Sales (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Victory Packaging

ProsVictory Packaging employes some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry who will do whatever it takes to get the job done.

ConsManagement no longer cares about individual employees. Family atmosphere has definately changed in recent years. Company only cares about bottom line profit

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that there are very talented employees at a branch level throughout the company that care about the company. Some branch presidents care only about profitability in there facility and treat previously valued employees poorly. Many employees stuck by Victory Packaging when the company was going through hard economic times only to be let go once conditions improved.

Wonderful opportunity to learn & grow professionally.

Supply Chain (Current Employee)

I have been working at Victory Packaging

ProsIt has the leverage as a large company within the industry,while promoting an intimate network of great employees .

ConsThere is a lack of leadership deveopment for young talent that wants to get ahead.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease cutlivate & shape young talent into great leaders for the company.

Worked for Victory Packaging? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victory Packaging reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Victory Packaging CEO Ben Samuels. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Victory Packaging employees.