Victory Security

Updated August 14, 2014
Updated August 14, 2014
2.6

CEO

They were an okay company to work for. Ultimately it was a foot in the door for somewhere else.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Victory Security full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management was good and reasonable with certain issues. Could have a flexible schedule and overtime was normally available. Also some of the people were great to work with.

Cons

Pay wasn't that great, some employees were very unreliable and we were constantly filling their shifts. Guards who were no call, no shows at times still had a job somehow despite constantly telling management to get rid of them.

School security guard

I worked at Victory Security

Pros

Liked working at school good job.

Cons

Controlling school kids behavior can be a task.

It is not a good idea to discriminate against employees with a disability

Worked as an attendant at a local hospital parking booth. Worked 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts throughout the week.

Current Employee - Parking Booth Attendant in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Parking Booth Attendant in Erie, PA

I have been working at Victory Security full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, oftentimes relaxed environment when working alone

Cons

Management seems almost non-existent at times

Consider raising pay for your employees, or at least consider offering benefits for full-time employees.

Starter job only

I have been working at Victory Security full-time

Pros

Only pro possible is that you recieve a,pay check. whether or not you get that check on time deposit it into the right account or your check is right at all is a whole other story.

Cons

Now for the cons. Well.ill be brief. this company has a super high turnover rate. most new hires only last anywhere from 1 to 3 shifts before they quit. it takes a lot to get fired even racial slurs don't get you fired it just get you put into a different site. yes there are several employees that work for this company that are racist. scheduling is absolutely horrible. even if you give them your availability it's a crapshoot whether or not you get that shipped. in seniority means absolutely nothing. there are no benefits no insurance no nothing. so if you get hurt they will most definitely blame you for it and request that you take a drug test. there's absolutely no room for advancement. and they also relieved every one of their rank. and just because they hurt you full time does not mean you will get full time hours. you are not guaranteed any amount of hours.

raise the amount of pay to a livable wage, get rid of a couple of your supervisors who do absolutely nothing but complain.

Starter company only

Former Employee - Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Victory Security full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are very few pros with this company. One of which is your paycheck. Your paycheck will always be there for you but whether its on time or not is a different story. This company is a starter company only.

Cons

Pay rates are bad. No benefits at all! Management doesn't care about its employees. Not guaranteed 40 hours each week even though you are hired full time. The supervisors try to do a good job but management ties their hands so don't ask them anything because they can't do anything.

Run your company the way a real company should be ran.

Victory Security Employee Evaluation

Current Employee - Unarmed Security Officer
    Current Employee - Unarmed Security Officer

I have been working at Victory Security full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I personally love working for this company. Supervisors not only DO NOT micromanage, but they are also professional, competent, kind, and friendly (as long as you actually do your job). This job is low stress and to be blunt...SIMPLE. The guards are also permitted numerous ammenities to make the work place more comfortable; such as T.V.s...some with satelite cable, internet, DVD players, cushioned comfortable computer chairs, refrigerators, microwaves, radios/stereos, books, and others that aren't coming to mind. The guards have complete autonomy while working because they are alone and supervisors only come by the sites once per shift for 15 minutes at most. This reduces employee conflict and uncomfortable, forced conversations This is not a demanding job and its perfect for any students with study needs as well as employees with 2nd jobs who need alotted time to complete outside work. I agree that 10 dollars an hour is low, but this a position aimed towards those without college degrees. I HAVE a college Bachelor's Degree and I worked in positions at UPMC that required a B.S. and I only received 10.50. Regardless, I make more than the average ten dollar per hour wage and I am completely satisfied with my pay. Perhaps I am paid more because I do the job I am expected to do well and I care....unlike many of the employees I have worked with. The turnover rate is so high because of the high number of unmotivated workers who cannot and will not follow directions, sleep on the job, and show up late and/or call off frequently. If you cant do this job well, you deserve to be let go. It is true that employees are in jeopardy of losing their positions when sites close, but it is evident that if you are an effective, role-model employee, your employment will be retained. In terms of benefits, I agree this is a major con...In terms of myself, this is not an issue because I am a veteran and have access to the VA health care system. I have never been forced to work a double in the almost 1 year I have been with the company. On the contrary, I have been OFFERRED a number of double opportunities which I believe to be a PRO since it is always optional, and overtime (Time and a Half) is given. Scheduling is an issue for many workers because they do not realize that shift times are given according to senority. The employees with the undesireable shifts receive the shifts that they perceive as bad because those who have been there longest have the first choice of shifts. You have to EARN your status, rank, and senority with time and dilligent work.

Cons

Lack of benefits is a problem for those without access to Veteran's hospitals etc...
    Pay is low but as I mentioned, this is based on lack of experience, education, and our current President who does not comprehend that the cost of living does not coincide with American wages
    Promotion is difficult and it is confusing regarding promotion to Sgt, Lt., etc...
    In terms of the Armed Victory guards, 11 dollars an hour is absolutely ridiculous and the fact that the company maintains job retention is baffling

Keep doing what you are doing, but establish promotional opportunities and educate employees how these opportunities can be attained

Not very good overall. More like a starter position to "get your feet wet" in the security industry.

Current Employee - Security Guard
    Current Employee - Security Guard

I have been working at Victory Security

Pros

Like I said, it's a good place to start, depending on the location of the position. I'm in a small but wealthy community, and the pay is pretty bad for what other companies are making in the same area at similar communities. No benefits at my site, and annual raises have to be begged for.

Cons

Turnover rate is through the roof. In the 2 years I have been here, I have seen more people come and go than I can count on all my fingers and toes (no lie), and I have all my fingers and toes! No room for advancement because the tiers of the job titles are very set in stone. Once a contract expires at a location, everyone who works there is in jeapordy of losing their job when the new security company moves in. Management needs improving - scheduling is poorly done, and many people are forced to work doubles against their wishes.

Take a step back and re-evaluate lower management, down to the directors of each site. If a site has a very high turnover rate, or other employee related issues, then it's a good idea to review the scheduling at the site to see if the problem can be narrowed down (and really pay attention to the employee separation reports!) Also, $11/hr for an armed guard is very low. How do you expect to keep employees at that rate, with almost no advancement, no benefits, and meager annual raises that have to be begged for?