Victory Wholesale Group

Great place to work

Current Employee - Order Puller  in  Monroe, OH
    Current Employee - Order Puller in Monroe, OH

I have been working at Victory Wholesale Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The health and 401k benefits are great. A good majority of the people are easy to get along with

Cons

Not being able to plan some days because of mandatory overtime on 3rd shift starts to wear on you. It is difficult to get transferred to day shift unless you switch divisions within the company. Third shift is expected to do all the grunt work and is held to standards while day shift gets an easy pass if their work isn't completed within a reasonable amount of time.

Hold day shift to the same production requirements and get supervisors that are not friends with the employees. Any discipline chats seem to have no recourse.

Overall it's a good place to work, but getting rewarded financially is difficult unless you're family.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Springboro, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springboro, OH

I have been working at Victory Wholesale Group

Pros

Relaxed schedule, benefits, workplace yoga studio and workout facilities, casual attire, usually early dismissal on Fridays.

Cons

There's definitely a difference between family and non-family in terms of compensation. Often times family members are paid handsomely just because they are family, when the real work is being performed by someone who's underpaid and under appreciated.

Inform your employees on the health of the company. Not just David's rambling speech once a year. Let us know that we're appreciated. A $15 dollar Butterball gift certificate is nice, but that doesn't pay the bills. Re-install quarterly or semi-annual bonuses. I'm happy to have a job, but being rewarded so that I can treat my wife and kids to something special every so often would really be nice as well. Management always provides lip service saying we're the Victory Family, well I guess that makes the vast majority of us family 2nd cousins twice removed. Maybe start by just a simple "Thank you". That would be nice to hear every so often.

Great company with many benefits but not very competitive in salaries.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Springboro, OH
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Springboro, OH

I worked at Victory Wholesale Group

Pros

Health Insurance. Although a one time it was 100% free with no deductibles, premiums, co-pays, etc. Now due to the health care crisis, VWG is having to reduce these benefits.

100% Tuition Reimbursement. VWG pays 100% of tuition, books and fees for undergrad and graduate level school. A huge benefit that hardly no one takes advantage of.

Cons

Family owned business means family first, often at the expense of some really great talent and skilled individuals.

Develop a fair and structured compensation program. Based on experience, education, position and merit.

Worked for Victory Wholesale Group? Contribute to the Community!