Videojet Technologies Inc

www.videojet.com

Videojet Technologies Inc Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Joakim Weidemanis

In totality, my experience at Videojet / Danaher was positive.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery disciplined, process oriented, well run business. The Danaher Business Systems (DBS) is excellent training for anyone with management ambitions. Compensations is in line with peer organizations.

ConsAlthough a blameless work environment is a core value of the Danaher Business System, Videojet can tend to be "blame oriented." Although it is not always the case, employee feedback is typically disregarded or ignored by senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementCurrent President is very aloof.

Continuous Improvement at it's core

Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Wood Dale, IL

ProsOne of the great parts of Videojet is the ability to continue to improve business and manufacturing processes. Since the company is a subset of Danaher, Videojet uses the Danaher Business Systems to continuously improve everyday efforts and long term goals. You do feel ownership of an area or contribution to the greater whole.

ConsIf you are accustomed to minimal changes in your work, this company changes frequently that it could derail you from being successful. Understanding and researching the Danaher Business System methodology would give you insight on how the company is managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop members from the bottom up. Your talent is found in those who work closest with the product you deliver.

Good place to work, pay is pretty good, bonus plan good

Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsTraining , bonus plan, technical support team works well with field employees. Company vehicles policy is nice...no need to buy a personal car if you work long term. Almost most other field employees are pretty good (educated, good with customers etc)

ConsNothing bad enough worth listing

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more room for growth to CSEs in other areas of business... We really do help make up a good portion of the back bone of this company and generate a lot of growth

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good job for career building/Stepping stone

Service Inside Sales (Current Employee) Wood Dale, IL

ProsFair pay.
    Good benefits.
    Cafe is great.

ConsVery little growth opportunities.
    Managers are smart but don't know how to manage their employees.
    Very stressful.

Former employee

Home Office Corporate Position (Current Employee) Wood Dale, IL

ProsA stable Danaher Subsidiary, compensation average to similar industries but not anything extraordinary.

ConsLittle to no employee appreciation it is all about generating profits to the mother ship

Advice to Senior ManagementNotice the hard work and dedication of the employee's otherwise there will be a a lot of employee's leaving.

Good products...terrible place to work

ProsGreat place to learn, work hard and develop

ConsPeople are treated with little to no respect. Joakim Weidemanis talks a good talk but he's the worst of them all. He is completely focused on his own success but in town hall meetings tries to present himself as this nice, down to Earth guy....don't believe it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrying being human to your employees.

CSE

CSE (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsGood bonus potential for hardworkers

Consnone that I can think of

With Videojet I had an opportunity to engage in my technical and business management skills.

Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat pay, good hours and excellent bonus program. Company car, laptop and cell phone included. Great team work with fellow employees. Very professional atmosphere, good leadership.

ConsTravel was expected and many hours/day you did not receive compensation for that travel time. Required to work with hazardous materials. Creating job revenue was sometimes difficult when business was at a low point. Technicians were more focused on being "salesmen" rather then technical troubleshooters. Constantly monitored for revenue production and location in the field was monitored by GPS. It was fairly monitored, but often resulted in confusion due to additional job aspects which took time throughout the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequire less effort on the side of the technician to produce revenue by having appointments arranged in advance.

Fast paced, aggressive company

ProsLots of growth opportunities, good cafeteria at HQ

ConsVery long hours, employees are expected to work 70 hours a week or more while getting no appreciation. If you can handle that you will get promoted and recognized. You can't take more than one week of PTO in a year. You get more than one week of PTO but you are expected to work as normal during that time. The unofficial rule is that you only get one week of real time off. You do also work holidays but get Christmas and Thanksgiving off. This is a great environment for young, single professionals - MBA types. Also a great environment for people who have grown up kids that are off to college. Not a good company if you are mid career and have children or a working spouse.

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up, smile a little once in a while

The engineering leadership knows nothing about electronics or supplier quality interaction!

Engineer, Senior (Former Employee) Wood Dale, IL

ProsWas able to take this company for everything I could when I worked there! So glad!

ConsLeadership changes so often that anyone with skills or Competency goes ignored.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince there were so many jobs lost to the operation in China I have no advice for the lame people in so-called management.

Worked for Videojet Technologies Inc? Contribute to the Community!