Vidiator Reviews

1. Great work environment

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Vidiator

Pros

Managers are approachable and easy to communicate with. The employees are friendly and it's just a great workplace where you want to go to work everyday.

Cons

some processes are not yet established so projects are taking longer to finish. But once this is in place, processes will be smoother

2. I think it went down in flames

I have been working at Vidiator

Pros

is it still around or did it go under?

Cons

connie wong is the worst ceo ever

3. Ok to work here. Just OK

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belle, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belle, MO

I worked at Vidiator

Pros

chances to work with many teams outside the US.
    many possibilities with variety of products
    some smart people to work with

Cons

changes so frequently sometimes good but not always
    reduecing human resources
    small to enter bigger markets
    challanging communications with different teams

Advice to Management

not so much advice seems to be required
    hope the company survive thru this challanging time and the employees as well

5. Great world leading products with great potential for further improvement

I worked at Vidiator

Pros

Very flexible work environment.... nice people... working for great products

Cons

too many products targeting at different markets while not keeping some real key products for the future

Advice to Management

Win the game now and in the future too

wait for new management

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Vidiator

Pros

the technology was fun to work on. The engineers in my office (Mountain View) were fun to work with.

Cons

Connie is Cheap in unreasonable ways. She said "She knows just enough to be dangerous, unfortunately that was dangerous to Vidiator"

Advice to Management

Get new management.

A great company to work for, a leader in the mobile streaming industry.

I worked at Vidiator

Pros

Tenacious CEO with a great vision. Tough but a very fair CEO. She is one of the hardest working CEO I have ever come across.

Cons

Very tight on travel expenses, any spending and lack of employee stock option plan.

Advice to Management

Be more generous on spending, let people stay at decent hotels.

8. Great Company with Strong Leadership!

Former Employee - Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Vidiator

Pros

Vidiator was a great place to work! Some of the best reasons to work at Vidiator are the terrific people and the inspired leadership. I feel fortunate that I had the opportunity to work closely with CEO, Connie Wong. I found Connie to be smart, visionary, and exceedingly generous. I learned so much from her and I can honestly say she is the hardest working CEO that I've ever come across in my 10 years in the business. Connie does expect a lot from the people that work for her, but she has even higher expectations of herself. You always know where you stand with Connie because she's good at providing consistent feedback. Also, her generous nature comes through in everything she does. I was proud to be a part of the many philanthropic events in which Connie showed her immense generosity. On one occasion, we attended an auction to support a shelter for homeless teens, and on another occasion, attended a fundraising event to provide educational opportunities to break the cycle of poverty and inequality for girls in Brazil. Connie also shares her knowledge by mentoring the business students attending Seattle U, and it is wonderful to see how excited and inspired the students are after spending time with her. Working with Connie Wong showed me what it takes to be a truly inspired and inspiring leader!

Cons

Because of the dedication of the staff, many of the people at Vidiator work pretty long hours; fortunately, the people are awesome, so you're in good company.

Advice to Management

The feedback that I would offer the leadership at Vidiator would be to keep on doing the fun things to recognize and appreciate the staff like celebrating people's birthdays and having parties at the CEO's house.

9. small company - if you work with bad people you have to face them every day

I worked at Vidiator

Pros

interesting company to work for... good location, right in downtown bellevue

Cons

such a small company that if you don't get along with someone you cannot escape!

Advice to Management

review the interpersonal skills of your employees

10. Vidiator , Connie Wong's leadership

Current Employee - Vice President of Engineering
    Current Employee - Vice President of Engineering

I have been working at Vidiator

Pros

In 2005 I joined Vidiator based on a recommendation from a friend, and have been reporting directly to Connie and working with her since then. I find her amazingly smart and fair. She is very hard working and dynamic and expects the same from her team. I was the head of Xenon Platform development which is now one of the world most advanced mobile media encoding and delivery system. I do not know how we could have done this without having Connie as the CEO of Vidiator. She understood the technology and the process very well, and provided us with all the tools we needed to make it a success.

I also find Connie Wong a shrewd business person. She knows how to bring business and negotiate for the best position in any contract.

Reading some of the reviews, people refer to our frugal travel policies. That is true that we use priceline and other means to save cost and stretch our dollars. These savings have enabled us to have more travels and have many valuable face to face meetings with our global team, partners, and customers, which in turn have helped us to deliver full featured carrier grade best in class solutions to our customers.

Cons

Stock appreciation vs. stock options.

Advice to Management

If possible change the stock appreciation to stock options.

Your career in Vidiator depends on yourself....from the footprint you left behind.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Vidiator

Pros

Dedicated, Incredible and diverse talented people as peers.
    Technology keeps changing as products get released.
    Great benefits with paid time off.
    Vidiator embrace an extraordinary diverse work force of technology leaders.
    Surrounded by knowledgeable people make it a great place to work.
    Vidiator Technology has great passion for new technology and you will certainly gain great experience and opportunity to do some great work.
    My work here in Vidiator is very interesting and rewarding with lots to learn and grow.

Cons

Commuting and traffic in Bellevue!

Advice to Management

Communicate more effectively with employees to help bring people together in a cohesive environment.