ViewPoint Financial

ViewPoint Financial President, CEO, and Director Gary Base
Gary Base

Will not promote unless you've been there 10 years, benefits are under market

I worked at ViewPoint Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not in downtown Dallas, some good people to work with.

Cons

Really under market benefits, including salary and health insurance. Managers do not like to share information and will not push for better benefits for their direct reports. Lenders rule here and anyone else is a necessary evil.

Try to share some of the wealth with employees who are working hard, but may not be lending officers. Managers need to stop being afraid to speak up and support better benefits for their employees. Provide opportunities for promotion.

My Viewpoint

I have been working at ViewPoint Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

ViewPoint Bank is a small company with some very friendly people in the organization. They are a small company so it is easy to get to know your co-workers and understand their role. They are growing and have done a great job converting from a credit union to a bank. The company is solid and has been around for over 60 years.

Cons

The company does not do a good job communicating with each other. Company goals are not laid out clearly for all employees to see how their contributions help with the bottom line. ViewPoint is also a very siloed and no one is taking an active role to fix.

Executives please start working toward a shared goal. Decide what is priority as a team and share from the top down what those are. Stop allowing senior managers to set the tone for the company they are the reason the silos still exist.

Love the sense of community

I have been working at ViewPoint Financial

Pros

Employees in my department are generous about sharing information and helping others. The goal is to get the work done, and done well. I am treated as an important part of the department. The work I am doing right now is unfortunately not particularly challenging, but my supervisor is good about giving me more interesting projects to work on during downtime. She also helps me make contacts in other departments because she knows I am interested in moving up within the company. I really enjoy working at Viewpoint Financial.

Cons

Sometimes long hours, but not too often. Pay is OK, not great.

Would love higher pay, and more vacation time, but these days I feel lucky to have a job!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Teller  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Teller in Plano, TX

I have been working at ViewPoint Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Values and work culture

Cons

Upper Management should put more attention to detail and spend more time in actual branches.
    New CEO is making too many changes too quickly, which might upset current customers

It has been educational

Current Employee - Personal Banker  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ViewPoint Financial

Pros

Informative, and knowledgeable staff that all works together to accomplish common goals.

Cons

Very low incentives and Pay compared to industry

A great job is done of recruiting the very best talent out there. Now the practice of Paying that talent well enough to keep them needs to be put into practice.

Felt like a valued leader of a team.

Current Employee - Bank President  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Bank President in Plano, TX

I have been working at ViewPoint Financial

Pros

Given the free reign to work how, when, and where I needed to get my job done. Felt very valued by my management and was appreciated and rewarded consistently for my performance.

Cons

I was hired at a very low pay level regardless of my performance. Small market area of Dallas only limited some sales opportunities.

I believe the leadership of ViewPoint Bank has done an exceptional job developing the bank defining its niche within a saturated banking market. I would work for this company again.

Great Company to work fo

Current Employee - Personal Banker  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Plano, TX

I have been working at ViewPoint Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Better than average benefits
    -Great chance for advancement
    -Great employee rewards

The company continues to grow and move in the right direction. They are taking a bank that was previously a credit union and making it a viable threat to the bigger banks. There are great opportunites to advance with this company and compenstation is above average in my opinion.

Cons

-Systems are out of date
    -Makes operations difficult for the customer sometimes

The systems here are out of date, and at times can be difficult to navigate. The systems are the biggest downfall as of now, but they are making strides in the right direction to correct the issue

Management is great, keep up the good work. They give you the tools and knowledge to advance if that is something you choose to do.

Worked for ViewPoint Financial? Contribute to the Community!