ViewPoint Financial

Reset
3.2
ViewPoint Financial President, CEO, and Director Gary Base
Gary Base

1. My experience has been diverse with this company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at ViewPoint Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is good staff retention.

Cons

Not all staff who have been with company long-term are open to change for growth.

Advice to Management

There is a lack of financially taking care of support staff who assist management or bonus-making staff in being successful.

2. Nice people, not necessarily competent.

I worked at ViewPoint Financial full-time

Pros

Lots of nice people and nice offices. Good location in Plano. Growing company, recently purchased Legacy Bank (ViewPoint will be taking the Legacy name). New CEO, Kevin Hannigan, seems progressive and appears to care about employees.

Cons

Individuals are promoted and kept in positions for years for political reasons without possessing necessary skills for the job, resulting in incompetence and mistakes which are blamed on lower level employees. Extreme lack of communication in my department. Training not provided, and instead of recognizing that mistakes are an indication of training needed, they were treated as "not doing what asked". Did not receive regular evaluations.

Advice to Management

Provide skills and leadership training to management. Do not promote unless inidvidual is qualified for the position.

3. Growing company.

I have been working at ViewPoint Financial

Pros

Good benefits. Growing company will bring more opportunites. Opportunities for promotion although some promotions not warranted do to lack of job skills.

Cons

Titles doled out for political reasons, not abilities. Ethical issues with some in management positions.

Advice to Management

Spread bonuses to rank & file, rather than just to upper management and select people who also receive stock and options. Rich get richer but those who actually get the work done don't receive bonuses. Too much greed with management.

5. Will not promote unless you've been there 10 years, benefits are under market

I worked at ViewPoint Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not in downtown Dallas, some good people to work with.

Cons

Really under market benefits, including salary and health insurance. Managers do not like to share information and will not push for better benefits for their direct reports. Lenders rule here and anyone else is a necessary evil.

Advice to Management

Try to share some of the wealth with employees who are working hard, but may not be lending officers. Managers need to stop being afraid to speak up and support better benefits for their employees. Provide opportunities for promotion.

6. My Viewpoint

I have been working at ViewPoint Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ViewPoint Bank is a small company with some very friendly people in the organization. They are a small company so it is easy to get to know your co-workers and understand their role. They are growing and have done a great job converting from a credit union to a bank. The company is solid and has been around for over 60 years.

Cons

The company does not do a good job communicating with each other. Company goals are not laid out clearly for all employees to see how their contributions help with the bottom line. ViewPoint is also a very siloed and no one is taking an active role to fix.

Advice to Management

Executives please start working toward a shared goal. Decide what is priority as a team and share from the top down what those are. Stop allowing senior managers to set the tone for the company they are the reason the silos still exist.

Great Company to work fo

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Plano, TX

I have been working at ViewPoint Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Better than average benefits
    -Great chance for advancement
    -Great employee rewards

The company continues to grow and move in the right direction. They are taking a bank that was previously a credit union and making it a viable threat to the bigger banks. There are great opportunites to advance with this company and compenstation is above average in my opinion.

Cons

-Systems are out of date
    -Makes operations difficult for the customer sometimes

The systems here are out of date, and at times can be difficult to navigate. The systems are the biggest downfall as of now, but they are making strides in the right direction to correct the issue

Advice to Management

Management is great, keep up the good work. They give you the tools and knowledge to advance if that is something you choose to do.

8. Love the sense of community

I have been working at ViewPoint Financial

Pros

Employees in my department are generous about sharing information and helping others. The goal is to get the work done, and done well. I am treated as an important part of the department. The work I am doing right now is unfortunately not particularly challenging, but my supervisor is good about giving me more interesting projects to work on during downtime. She also helps me make contacts in other departments because she knows I am interested in moving up within the company. I really enjoy working at Viewpoint Financial.

Cons

Sometimes long hours, but not too often. Pay is OK, not great.

Advice to Management

Would love higher pay, and more vacation time, but these days I feel lucky to have a job!

9. Good company to work for

Current Employee - Teller in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Teller in Plano, TX

I have been working at ViewPoint Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Values and work culture

Cons

Upper Management should put more attention to detail and spend more time in actual branches.
    New CEO is making too many changes too quickly, which might upset current customers

10. It has been educational

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ViewPoint Financial

Pros

Informative, and knowledgeable staff that all works together to accomplish common goals.

Cons

Very low incentives and Pay compared to industry

Advice to Management

A great job is done of recruiting the very best talent out there. Now the practice of Paying that talent well enough to keep them needs to be put into practice.

Felt like a valued leader of a team.

Current Employee - Bank President in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Bank President in Plano, TX

I have been working at ViewPoint Financial

Pros

Given the free reign to work how, when, and where I needed to get my job done. Felt very valued by my management and was appreciated and rewarded consistently for my performance.

Cons

I was hired at a very low pay level regardless of my performance. Small market area of Dallas only limited some sales opportunities.

Advice to Management

I believe the leadership of ViewPoint Bank has done an exceptional job developing the bank defining its niche within a saturated banking market. I would work for this company again.

RSS Feed </> Embed